Jump to content
Mega_Music

GN'R - Louder Than Life Festival, Louisville, KY- CONFIRMED 28th Sept

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

In all seriousness though, I can’t wait for the show. I love the whole excitement of a first show

Yea I was excited for Berlin as well.... 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

What do you  mean by "the shits"? Like, weather-wise because they flooded out last year? Or GNR themselves? If it's the latter, that's just, like, your opinion, man (to paraphrase The Dude). When I go to a Guns show, I wanna hear all my favorite jams. All the hits that get the crowd up (especially in a festival setting). Time and place for new music. I'm just a big fan and want to see them as much as possible. 

It's an opinion that Axl Rose has sounded like shit recently? O.K.

I will never understand how people can listen to him and think he sounds good.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EricA said:

But you'd go to see them on a next EU tour, with or without new music, and if I had to drag you there:P

of course I will go there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Is there some sort of set rules you have to follow in the entertainment industry that states you do what everyone else does. 

If thats the case Axl would have TMZ on speed dial to tell them were he is so he can profit off the publicity himself. Axl would Tweet and Instagram all his daily movements, Marry one of the Kardashians, Guns N Roses to appear at the Grammy awards preforming with Post Malone or some rapper, either Axl or Slash appear in a leaked sex tape (claim it was via a hack) than profit from its sales even though they themselves were behind the leak. 

Thats not Rock N Roll.

Or you could do meet and greets like some other bands and sell guitars, amps, the gum you chewed on stage, the water bottel you drank from while on stage or your underwear you wore that night for a 5 min meet and greet and the purchase of any of those items for 10k.

You can say alot of things about GNR but i personally am glad they do thing's there own way, still to this day not following what everyone else does.

Axl wore tiny white bicycle shorts and kilts. 

Elvis, Little Richard, Elton John, Bowie, Mercury, Page, Plant. All did thing's differently from what others were doing. Thats Rock N Roll.

 

 

There's nothing wrong with a band doing it their way, but it's usually good when the band isn't boring a good percentage of the people that follow the band. 

Setlist changes would be a minimal thing to do, it wouldn't even make them as open as some other famous acts... It would however maintain a baseline interest level for anyone doing multiple shows or for us losers who follow live streams "I wonder what's the next song, if they include a deep cut" we say all that stuff as it is, but we all know we're getting the same order and no new songs.

This gig could be different, stranger things have happened! But I remember lots if different tours and shows like this that we're just an extension of where things left off, be it 2016- present or the CD era

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Is there some sort of set rules you have to follow in the entertainment industry that states you do what everyone else does. 

If thats the case Axl would have TMZ on speed dial to tell them were he is so he can profit off the publicity himself. Axl would Tweet and Instagram all his daily movements, Marry one of the Kardashians, Guns N Roses to appear at the Grammy awards preforming with Post Malone or some rapper, either Axl or Slash appear in a leaked sex tape (claim it was via a hack) than profit from its sales even though they themselves were behind the leak. 

Thats not Rock N Roll.

Or you could do meet and greets like some other bands and sell guitars, amps, the gum you chewed on stage, the water bottel you drank from while on stage or your underwear you wore that night for a 5 min meet and greet and the purchase of any of those items for 10k.

You can say alot of things about GNR but i personally am glad they do thing's there own way, still to this day not following what everyone else does.

Axl wore tiny white bicycle shorts and kilts. 

Elvis, Little Richard, Elton John, Bowie, Mercury, Page, Plant. All did thing's differently from what others were doing. Thats Rock N Roll.

 

 

I have no idea why you bring up those points. I didnt say GNR shall behave as the Kardashians. I just don t like their behaviour of the NITL tour.

FOR ME ITS NOT ROCK N ROLL

- to charge tickets "VIP Experience" for 700 EUR where you don t even meet one band member!  whats the point - apart GREED - in selling such tickets?

- to sell some super expensive leather jackets or other expensive boxes - GREED again

- to be predicable (and that s what the NITL tour was)

I loved the way that in their early days they didn t follow rules, but what they do since NITL is only money driven. No rock n roll attitude at all in my eyes. Just large corporates behaviour.

This said I will however go to the upcoming european shows because I love their music. But I will never understand people who buy the super overpriced completely worthless VIP tickets GNR sell these days. At least if you paid 900 EUR to Ozzy you could meet Ozzy. GNR only takes money; in exchange you get what?: to see the stage?, wow;  a lanyard, wow again, foto books, come on it s not worth more than 50 USD to stamp that)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Who's ready for Nando to string us along for another 3 years with vague promises about the 'biggest year yet'?

Fought you said who's ready for a Nando's then I got well excited ... About the same rehash bullshit GNR touring and no new music yeah not so excited 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Natty said:

FOR ME ITS NOT ROCK N ROLL

- to charge tickets "VIP Experience" for 700 EUR where you don t even meet one band member!  whats the point - apart GREED - in selling such tickets?

At least if you paid 900 EUR to Ozzy you could meet Ozzy. GNR only takes money; in exchange you get what?: to see the stage?, wow;  a lanyard, wow again, foto books, come on it s not worth more than 50 USD to stamp that)

Sorry for condensing your post, but I just wanted to chime in my two cents. 

I actually think that the Guns' VIP Experience is a lot more 'honest' than a pricey meet'n'greet. You pay for being treated like a VIP, not for meeting some person. Like, you can buy experiences, but not people.

But to each to their own :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BadApples99 said:

Someone in the comments asked when and Mitch replied with "Saturday"

Just leaving this here...

Man I thought I was over this expectation games regarding this band, but... I did it again, there we go. :max:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

Sorry for condensing your post, but I just wanted to chime in my two cents. 

I actually think that the Guns' VIP Experience is a lot more 'honest' than a pricey meet'n'greet. You pay for being treated like a VIP, not for meeting some person. Like, you can buy experiences, but not people.

But to each to their own :)

don t mind any answers to my post.

their VIP experience isn t dishonest it s worthless and money driven. I know that you are not promised to meet a band member but seeing the stage, a lanyard, foto book and catering is not worth 700-1000 eur. 

I spend quite some time and concerts with my other favourite band - Skid Row - in 2018. a meet&greet costs 90 usd. and band members also take their time to talk with fans after every show. it s about the music not about the money. 

and NITL is only about the money - that s the taste it leaves...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I will never understand how people can listen to him and think he sounds good.

It's quite simple! There's a difference between good and incredible. In 2010 he sounded incredible. Now he sounds ONLY good. Or to be more specific, he sounds incredible at times and pretty bad at times. On average he sounds good. Of course it's disappointing when you know what Axl's capable of at his best. But you can't deny that no one else could pull of SOYL like Axl still does.

If that's not good, I don't know what is.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Natty said:

don t mind any answers to my post.

their VIP experience isn t dishonest it s worthless and money driven. I know that you are not promised to meet a band member but seeing the stage, a lanyard, foto book and catering is not worth 700-1000 eur. 

I spend quite some time and concerts with my other favourite band - Skid Row - in 2018. a meet&greet costs 90 usd. and band members also take their time to talk with fans after every show. it s about the music not about the money. 

and NITL is only about the money - that s the taste it leaves...

Paying to meet bands is a fucking joke, however you look at it. Meet your fans or don't if you don't want to, but don't charge them for it! I'm glad GNR aren't in that game. 

I can't imagine being in awe of any human being enough to give them money just to smile at me, shake my hand and stand for a picture for 30 seconds. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Natty said:

don t mind any answers to my post.

their VIP experience isn t dishonest it s worthless and money driven. I know that you are not promised to meet a band member but seeing the stage, a lanyard, foto book and catering is not worth 700-1000 eur. 

I spend quite some time and concerts with my other favourite band - Skid Row - in 2018. a meet&greet costs 90 usd. and band members also take their time to talk with fans after every show. it s about the music not about the money. 

and NITL is only about the money - that s the taste it leaves...

But you pay knowing that you are not going to meet band members...is your decision to pay for whatever VIP they offer...if GNR offers band members meeting all here would call them sell outs and worst things.

Ohhhh and meet and greets are for the money...don't doubt about that.

 

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Paying to meet bands is a fucking joke, however you look at it. Meet your fans or don't if you don't want to, but don't charge them for it! I'm glad GNR aren't in that game. 

I can't imagine being in awe of any human being enough to give them money just to smile at me, shake my hand and stand for a picture for 30 seconds. 

no idea who does that. A Skid Row meet & greet includes soundcheck and you stay like 30-45 min with the band.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Natty said:

no idea who does that. A Skid Row meet & greet includes soundcheck and you stay like 30-45 min with the band.

Still shit. The guy from The 1975 was ranting about how awful it all was the other day. He raised an idea that made me laugh - make the artists ask for the cash, and the fan hand it over directly to them. It would soon stop it all then as the process would be so embarrassing. 

I like the idea of Metallica stood in a room, not looking at you with their hands out. Once you give them your cash they turn round, smile at you and talk. It's all just bullshit. 

People can spend their money how they like of course, but complaining about not having the chance to pay to meet GNR is an odd one! 

The whole scenario of paying to meet people is an absolutely absurd modern phenomenon aimed simply at making money and giving rich people a chance to claim how they're bigger fans than the poor ones who can't afford it. Bands should be ashamed of themselves if they get involved in it all.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Still shit. The guy from The 1975 was ranting about how awful it all was the other day. He raised an idea that made me laugh - make the artists ask for the cash, and the fan hand it over directly to them. It would soon stop it all then as the process would be so embarrassing. 

I like the idea of Metallica stood in a room, not looking at you with their hands out. Once you give them your cash they turn round, smile at you and talk. It's all just bullshit. 

People can spend their money how they like of course, but complaining about not having the chance to pay to meet GNR is an odd one! 

The whole scenario of paying to meet people is an absolutely absurd modern phenomenon aimed simply at making money and giving rich people a chance to claim how they're bigger fans than the poor ones who can't afford it. Bands should be ashamed of themselves if they get involved in it all.  

holy crap. is it so difficult to read? I didn t complain about the fact that you don t meet a GNR member. I complained about the fact they sell useless experiences and overpriced stuff!

Edited by Natty
wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Natty said:

holy crap. is it so difficult to read? I didn t complain about the fact that you don t meet a GNR member. I complained about the fact they sell useless experiences and overpriced stuff!

"I spend quite some time and concerts with my other favourite band - Skid Row - in 2018. a meet&greet costs 90 usd. and band members also take their time to talk with fans after every show. it s about the music not about the money" suggests to me that you wish GNR offered the chance to pay money to meet them, no? 

Sure their VIP experiences are overpriced, but so what? We know this. We don't buy them as they're not good value, in the same way that many didn't buy LAL as they didn't see it as good value for the price. They're products, so are already monetized; the consumer chooses whether that monetary value has been set correctly. Paying to meet someone is VERY different- it's about monetizing something that shouldn't be: human interaction. That's the point- and it's possibly about the most greedy thing a band can do towards their fans. 

You say GNR are "money driven" but then claim a band who offer fans the chance to pay to meet them is "about the music not about the money". Surely you see that's a ludicrous thing to claim? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First festival date of 2019, huh?

Here we go again..:axl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

"I spend quite some time and concerts with my other favourite band - Skid Row - in 2018. a meet&greet costs 90 usd. and band members also take their time to talk with fans after every show. it s about the music not about the money" suggests to me that you wish GNR offered the chance to pay money to meet them, no? 

Sure their VIP experiences are overpriced, but so what? We know this. We don't buy them as they're not good value, in the same way that many didn't buy LAL as they didn't see it as good value for the price. They're products, so are already monetized; the consumer chooses whether that monetary value has been set correctly. Paying to meet someone is VERY different- it's about monetizing something that shouldn't be: human interaction. That's the point- and it's possibly about the most greedy thing a band can do towards their fans. 

You say GNR are "money driven" but then claim a band who offer fans the chance to pay to meet them is "about the music not about the money". Surely you see that's a ludicrous thing to claim? 

you have picked only one of my posts of today. I assumed you read the whole thread. sorry.

Regarding Skid Row I clearly made the point that they always meet their fans after the show. If you want to participate in the soundcheck experience you can buy the meet & greet at 90 usd. I did that because I find it great to see a soundcheck , take as many fotos as I want and being sure to meet the band twice ..because as I said they talk to their fans after the shows (=for free) and they don t make fake smiles for 50 usd but remember who you are and treat people very well. 

GNR does nothing. no communication whether paid or not paid. The only thing I get from Gnr are marketing  emails everytime they have a new tour and want me to buy tickets or overpriced stuff. marketing... the only thing besides the show. 

And on the other side I saw how cool Skid Row treated their fans, respond on instagram, talk to fans before/after the show. charge ticket prices where I am surprised they don t ask more. If you hear their interviews they say they don t take their fans for granted. people could do anything in their leisure time but when they decide to go and see Skid Row live , they as a band want to be sure that people get a great show and interact with the fans afterwards. they don t act like divas or stars. just like the human beings they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Natty said:

you have picked only one of my posts of today. I assumed you read the whole thread. sorry.

Regarding Skid Row I clearly made the point that they always meet their fans after the show. If you want to participate in the soundcheck experience you can buy the meet & greet at 90 usd. I did that because I find it great to see a soundcheck , take as many fotos as I want and being sure to meet the band twice ..because as I said they talk to their fans after the shows (=for free) and they don t make fake smiles for 50 usd but remember who you are and treat people very well. 

GNR does nothing. no communication whether paid or not paid. The only thing I get from Gnr are marketing  emails everytime they have a new tour and want me to buy tickets or overpriced stuff. marketing... the only thing besides the show. 

And on the other side I saw how cool Skid Row treated their fans, respond on instagram, talk to fans before/after the show. charge ticket prices where I am surprised they don t ask more. If you hear their interviews they say they don t take their fans for granted. people could do anything in their leisure time but when they decide to go and see Skid Row live , they as a band want to be sure that people get a great show and interact with the fans afterwards. they don t act like divas or stars. just like the human beings they are.

Maybe because they're Skid Row, playing 1000 capacity venues and not GNR? I doubt they're inundated with fans desperate for a response on Instagram (for whatever reason people might want a response on Instagram from someone they don't know....)  

I'm not sure people who charge 90 dollars to meet them are not acting like divas or stars personally, whether you get to see them soundcheck or not! Or meet them afterwards. Why would you want to be sure to "meet the band twice" in the same night? What happens the second time?! 

Personally, I'll take not meeting Axl over pressing cash into the hands of members of Skid Row for a photo any day. 

I can't really fathom why people get so uptight about being able to meet bands, talk to them and have them "remember who you are". I couldn't care less. I suppose it makes some people feel happy, special or valued if they need a bit of reassurance in their life though. 

Anyway - my point is, paying to meet bands is shit, and I'm fucking glad GNR maintain some credibility by not doing it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Maybe because they're Skid Row, playing 1000 capacity venues and not GNR? I doubt they're inundated with fans desperate for a response on Instagram (for whatever reason people might want a response on Instagram from someone they don't know....)  

I'm not sure people who charge 90 dollars to meet them are not acting like divas or stars personally, whether you get to see them soundcheck or not! Or meet them afterwards. Why would you want to be sure to "meet the band twice" in the same night? What happens the second time?! 

Personally, I'll take not meeting Axl over pressing cash into the hands of members of Skid Row for a photo any day. 

I can't really fathom why people get so uptight about being able to meet bands, talk to them and have them "remember who you are". I couldn't care less. I suppose it makes some people feel happy, special or valued if they need a bit of reassurance in their life though. 

Anyway - my point is, paying to meet bands is shit, and I'm fucking glad GNR maintain some credibility by not doing it. 

 

 

man can do you assumptions.. wow.

I have a life with a great job, a family ,  hobbies and one of them is music. why its cool to meet a band? cause you get to talk to them , can ask them things you want to know, have a small insight of how rock n roll world is. classic die hard fan I would say.

 If YOU are not interested in that - fine - others are. 

end of discussion. 

why the fuck did I think this forum could be a place where one can express opinions. If you "critize" GNR then everything else you write must be bullshit.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Natty said:

man can do you assumptions.. wow.

I have a life with a great job, a family ,  hobbies and one of them is music. why its cool to meet a band? cause you get to talk to them , can ask them things you want to know, have a small insight of how rock n roll world is. classic die hard fan I would say.

 If YOU are not interested in that - fine - others are. 

end of discussion. 

why the fuck did I think this forum could be a place where one can express opinions. If you "critize" GNR then everything else you write must be bullshit.. 

Not sure where I claimed you didn't! And there are no "assumptions" at all in my post. I'm simply confused as to why people want to pay to meet celebs or have them acknowledge/remember them; it's an odd one to me. My opinion is that it might make them feel validated as a fan, and more needed/wanted- a not particularly controversial or groundbreaking view. 

I can't see too much support for the concept of paying to meet bands on here, or anywhere else to be honest. In fact; the opposite recently. A lot of bands have been calling out bands that do it and highlighting their greed recently.  

No need to get angry and defensive- isn't the point of a forum "where one can express opinions" also a place where people can disagree with them? Or is it only OK if everyone has the same opinion?

The old "if you say anything bad about GNR on this forum you get hassle" argument really isn't true is it? It's hardly wall-to-wall GNR praise on here at the best of times! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BadApples99 said:

Someone in the comments asked when and Mitch replied with "Saturday"

Just leaving this here...

People still think he's a credible source?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×