09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

Mega_Music

On 4/4/2019 at 3:08 PM, Original said:

Totally agree.  Any GnR/rock show is better than no show.  If you told me they were in Mpls tonight I'd be there in a second.  Bret Michaels (say what you want) is here in MN tomorrow night.  I'm going and guess what- it's gonna be a blast.  Gotta see our bands while they are still around.  Look at Mick and Ozzy- both cancelling/postponing shows due to health (age) etc... I'm also going to Sammy & the Circle in a few weeks...that will kick ass as well.   

Yup!

I saw Blind Melon last week.. And I have tickets booked for The Stones, Martin Barre, Adam Sandler, Aerosmtih, Steven Adler and John Fogerty coming up!

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Natty said:

man can do you assumptions.. wow.

I have a life with a great job, a family ,  hobbies and one of them is music. why its cool to meet a band? cause you get to talk to them , can ask them things you want to know, have a small insight of how rock n roll world is. classic die hard fan I would say.

If YOU are not interested in that - fine - others are. 

end of discussion. 

why the fuck did I think this forum could be a place where one can express opinions. If you "critize" GNR then everything else you write must be bullshit.. 

:lol:What? We always allow healthy discussion of both sides of any argument. This is absolutely NOT the place where you can't express an opinion that critizes GN'R. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yup!

I saw Blind Melon last week.. And I have tickets booked for The Stones, Martin Barre, Adam Sandler, Steven Adler and John Fogerty coming up!

I finally got to see Fogerty early last year. Dude's still got it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

I wasn't even aware that Blind Melon still played, how was the show?

It was awesome.. Unified Theory opened up. That was members of Blind Melon and Pearl Jams original drummer. Obviously not the same without Shannon but it was a really cool time and great to see all those songs since I never saw them back in the day. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I finally got to see Fogerty early last year. Dude's still got it. 

Yeah he does! I saw him with ZZ Top last summer. Crazy good except the weird moment when one of his kids sang a song or two dressed like a clown hah

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah, he always kind of did. Like comedy skits and songs.. He released a few CDs back in the day that were outrageously funny.  Some of it was pretty damn raunchy too.

yes, i recall a funny Axl's mimic , many years ago.

3 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

That's simply not true! There's many songs that he sang well after the first 4 songs. Listen to this for example:

Name one other person on this planet who could sing Out Ta Get Me like that. There's none. It might not be 100% perfect like in 2010, but most of the song he sounds incredible.

Axl's voice doesn't work the way you say it works. His voice doesn't turn to shit after singing a couple of songs. His voice sounds bad when he's singing stuff that doesn't suit his voice. It doesn't matter if it's the first or the last song on the setlist, if it fits his voice he sounds good, if it doesn't then it is what it is. When he's singing stuff that suits his voice he could sing all day and sound incredible. That's what happened with AC/DC. Those songs fit his voice and that's why he could sing AC/DC all day without starting to sound bad. Out of all GNR songs SOYL is the most like an AC/DC song in the sense that the song is full of screaming from start to finish. That's why he always sounds good on it. When it comes to GNR songs Axl usually sounds good on certain parts of the songs and not that good on other parts of the song, depending on what kind of a voice he has to use. The first songs on the GNR setlist are songs that fit his voice pretty well. He usually sounds good on OTGM too. Wichita Lineman and The Seeker are also songs that are easy for him to sing and nobody can say he sounds bad on those. There's many songs where he sounds great 95% of the song, like Don't Cry, Patience, Nightrain etc... So saying that he sounds like shit on those is a pretty huge exaggeration. When it comes to the clean high voice that some people don't like, there's technically nothing wrong with that voice either. I'd say that voice suits certain songs, but of course it's a matter of taste.

At the end of the day you only have to ask yourself, how many people do you think could perform these songs better than Axl? Myles Kennedy maybe? Sure, I can respect that opinion, but with him there'll be 0% rasp and 0% venom in his voice. If you prefer his voice though that's ok, but there's not many people who could sing these songs anywhere near as well as Axl, and to be honest I don't think there's anyone in the whole world who could sing AC/DC songs these days as well as Axl. So I have a hard time calling his voice shit when he's singing songs that almost nobody could pull off as well. Sure there's moments when he sounds bad, but there's also moments when he sounds amazing. On average he sounds good. People just tend to expect more than good from Axl cause people are used to that inhuman voice that he used to have.

Everyone has an opinion, mine is that he doesn't sound good in that video. Hos voice is tired. Listen to OTGM the year before. That is good.

It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Chinese Democracy, Double Talkin Jive, Wichita Lineman.

Those are the only songs I can stand to hear these days.

And don't get me wrong, I want him to turn things around.

39 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Everyone has an opinion, mine is that he doesn't sound good in that video. Hos voice is tired. Listen to OTGM the year before. That is good.

It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Chinese Democracy, Double Talkin Jive, Wichita Lineman.

The Seeker? He sings that one well 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I know what OTGM sounded like in 2016. It's not a secret that his voice was slightly better that year. Nobody is saying that Axl sounds better now than he ever did. That 2017 performance is still very good though. I mean can you name anyone in this world who would perform that song better than Axl did on that video? If there's NOBODY in the whole universe who could sing it as well as he did, wouldn't you say it's a good performance then?

It seems like you can only stand listening to songs that he performs perfectly. Although I would add SOYL to your list of perfectly performed songs as well, at least when he gets the timing right on that one.

But it seems like everything under perfect is shit to to you. Like there's no in between. Either it's perfect or it's shit. Oh well, I'm not here to change your opinion. Just wanted to point out why people disagree with you. Not everyone demands perfection. If a song is only 95% amazing, it's still a good performance.

All I see are a bunch of whiners. You don't have to go to the show. I am glad my favorite band is still out there touring and I'll go every chance I get. The set list aren't for the folks sitting at home complaining on a forum. It's for the people there live. And I honestly don't want them to cut out any of the big hits.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

I know what OTGM sounded like in 2016. It's not a secret that his voice was slightly better that year. Nobody is saying that Axl sounds better now than he ever did. That 2017 performance is still very good though. I mean can you name anyone in this world who would perform that song better than Axl did on that video? If there's NOBODY in the whole universe who could sing it as well as he did, wouldn't you say it's a good performance then?

It seems like you can only stand listening to songs that he performs perfectly. Although I would add SOYL to your list of perfectly performed songs as well, at least when he gets the timing right on that one.

But it seems like everything under perfect is shit to to you. Like there's no in between. Either it's perfect or it's shit. Oh well, I'm not here to change your opinion. Just wanted to point out why people disagree with you. Not everyone demands perfection. If a song is only 95% amazing, it's still a good performance.

I think that Paul Stanley or Jon Bon Jovi could do it better.

• Haha 3

Trying to figure out if VIP is worth it. I'm reading that you have front access to the Oak Stage if you buy VIP, but is this where Guns will be playing, since they will have three stages going? I'm about to pull the trigger, but I think that makes or breaks it being worth it. 

Edited by grogmug