Duff interview clip about Gnr and saying Gnr was not the band to mess with in the 80s

To me, new music seems way more likely than not at this point. Question is how they'll approach this. I have a feeling Axl might just dampen the urge to tinker with the material during the process, and we'll see a more straight-forward GN'R record.

• Like 1

Am I the only one thinking Duff’s not looking good. Like VERY tired... And also the way he speaks is a little - off? 

Also all the mystery about album or state of the band or anything art related is such a pr stunt it’s getting boring. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Am I the only one thinking Duff’s not looking good. Like VERY tired... And also the way he speaks is a little - off? 

Also all the mystery about album or state of the band or anything art related is such a pr stunt it’s getting boring. 

He looks a little bloated. Could the years are just catching up with him in his face. As for his speaking, he sounds like typical Duff: stuttering a little, taking a moment to find the words,with some very slight slurring

• Like 2

I think it’s clear there is definitely something happening - with Duff even self referencing with what he said previously. Yes, the whole ‘mystique’ thing may be annoying for some however while it leads to everything being positive then I am ok with it.

15 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I think it’s clear there is definitely something happening - with Duff even self referencing with what he said previously. Yes, the whole ‘mystique’ thing may be annoying for some however while it leads to everything being positive then I am ok with it.

man...2019 and ppl are still trying to find secret meaning in the words of the guys in a band that never had any sense of logic what so ever :facepalm:

my 5 cents, read between the words what Slash says ;):slash:

From what I understood, 'I have no idea if there is anything going on. What happens - happens. I am glad to be back in the money making machine while I can still expose my artistic side in Conspirators. I don't agree with Izzy and Matt not being there, neither does Duff, but its not upon me and let's not piss Axl off. Frank is shit and there is not much else to say, but its Axl's call so let's just say 'he's been here longer then me'. If Ax decides to do another 10 years of touring, hell, why not'.'.

This is to sum up his last 2 years of interviews.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

my 5 cents, read between the words what Slash says ;):slash:

From what I understood, 'I have no idea if there is anything going on. What happens - happens. I am glad to be back in the money making machine while I can still expose my artistic side in Conspirators. I don't agree with Izzy and Matt not being there, neither does Duff, but its not upon me and let's not piss Axl off. Frank is shit and there is not much else to say, but its Axl's call so let's just say 'he's been here longer then me'. If Ax decides to do another 10 years of touring, hell, why not'.'.

This is to sum up his last 2 years of interviews.

i think slash doesn't agree so much with izzy and matt not being there but Duff on the other hand probably has zero fucking problem with it at all 

Some of you are sad MotherFs. 

To pick apart a person, many of you have never meet based on a single interview. 

If you take a look at recent interviews Duff has given there is no change to his physical or mental state. 

The only thing that's a noticeable difference is Duff wearing a cap, that makes his facial appearance differ compared to when he has his hair and fringe on display.

Duffs natural appearance is often without a cap.

Thats the appearance fans are use to. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i think slash doesn't agree so much with izzy and matt not being there but Duff on the other hand probably has zero fucking problem with it at all 

Agree. Lets be honest duffs solo material isnt going to be bringing him the payday like this band, with whatever members are in the band, to provide his lifestyle.

20 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

Slash's 2 comments, on Izzy not being there 'I will say over all, it was handled well, w/o going into all that' and what can you say about playing with Frank 'I'll just say he's been there like longer than I have' - speak volumes w/o steping on Axl's toes.

on another board, 3 years ago there was an member who provided info that always proved right and loads of it was quoted here.

He claimed that one of the 2 (Slash and Duff) is really agitated about having to play with Frank, while the other one is not too happy about playing with either but hoped Axl will drop them when contract expires or something along those lines, if I remember correctly.

Then there was another first hand account I had, but admins here wanted names if I say such info back in 2016. One rock icon played as the opener for them, he has been on ytb with Duff on a video posted 10 days ago, he said Duff told him he is not too happy with the line up, but the money was good and the contract long term.

Fact is, Duff played with Iz shortly before reunion shows and record a song with him.  Slash and Matt both claim they had seen each other since NITL and are ok.

Gilby at the time of reunion claimed he knew as little about reunion as any other fan and has never been approached.  Gilby later claimed he has been approached about reunion.  Would he bev approache if Fortus was fix?   Fortus and Frank also claied they had been approached about rejoining last minute.  Gilby also claimed he 'ran' into Slash, Duff and Axl lately.   Matt and Iz had been pictured since NITL started and recorded some music together.

Who likes playing with whome, who is fix, who hates who, who has most influence on Ax and how long are the contracts?   God knows.  Typical GNR story.

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

Slash's 2 comments, on Izzy not being there 'I will say over all, it was handled well, w/o going into all that' and what can you say about playing with Frank 'I'll just say he's been there like longer than I have' - speak volumes w/o steping on Axl's toes.

on another board, 3 years ago there was an member who provided info that always proved right and loads of it was quoted here.

He claimed that one of the 2 (Slash and Duff) is really agitated about having to play with Frank, while the other one is not too happy about playing with either but hoped Axl will drop them when contract expires or something along those lines, if I remember correctly.

Then there was another first hand account I had, but admins here wanted names if I say such info back in 2016. One rock icon played as the opener for them, he has been on ytb with Duff on a video posted 10 days ago, he said Duff told him he is not too happy with the line up, but the money was good and the contract long term.

Fact is, Duff played with Iz shortly before reunion shows and record a song with him.  Slash and Matt both claim they had seen each other since NITL and are ok.

Gilby at the time of reunion claimed he knew as little about reunion as any other fan and has never been approached.  Gilby later claimed he has been approached about reunion.  Would he bev approache if Fortus was fix?   Fortus and Frank also claied they had been approached about rejoining last minute.  Gilby also claimed he 'ran' into Slash, Duff and Axl lately.   Matt and Iz had been pictured since NITL started and recorded some music together.

Who likes playing with whome, who is fix, who hates who, who has most influence on Ax and how long are the contracts?   God knows.  Typical GNR story.

i think duff was a major turncoat on izzy provided he had sucked up to him hard before NITL and then my understanding from another poster was that Duff freaked out when izzy was demanding an equal cut and in fact helps sway axl 

i think it's more slash that is unhappy with the lineup consdiering he has the most talent and active ear for what works musically and the fact that he was not in the interview with duff and axl is a comment about the lineup that claims for it to be a reunion 

36 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i think duff was a major turncoat on izzy provided he had sucked up to him hard before NITL and then my understanding from another poster was that Duff freaked out when izzy was demanding an equal cut and in fact helps sway axl 

i think it's more slash that is unhappy with the lineup consdiering he has the most talent and active ear for what works musically and the fact that he was not in the interview with duff and axl is a comment about the lineup that claims for it to be a reunion 

I always think that slash knows how the lineup from 87 to 93 means to alot to the old school guns fans.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 3