Duff interview clip about Gnr and saying Gnr was not the band to mess with in the 80s

I don't know guys; give Duff a break. He's the one that turned around the most of them all. Maybe he had a drink or two, but that doesn't take away from him, he connected with Axl first of them all / being it a coincidence or not. And please don't compare him to Prince, cause it doesn't do any justice to him nor the other guys.  

Edited by HWolllert

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

I always think that slash knows how the lineup from 87 to 93 means to alot to the old school guns fans.

yes, even tho he was somewhat blasted he remembers those early 91 shows and my guess is that he's never reached those musical peaks ever again since because guys like matt and izzy have not been involved

my strongest guess is that he would die to play with matt on songs like DTJM, Perfect Crime, Locomotive etc 

the problem truly is axl and duff together in a nut shell - they are much too greedy 

slash has mentioned in various interviews and even in is book re: his early day friendship with izzy and nobody ever talks about them clicking on stage but the fact is they are the best compliments to each other more so or equal to that of him and axl, you could say the same thing about axl and izzy - izzy is the nucleus and all they really fucking need is a half decent drummer to make the magic again and frank isn't even a good dive bar drummer 

it doesn't take a genius to guess that slash prob thinks fortus is a bit of a tool on stage and techincally proficient as a guitar player, has zero charisma or rock n roll way about him and prob melissa keeps slash on an even keel nobody says it but im guessing she should be praised more so than the others as without her i would guess slash wouldn't have hung around as long as he did throughout NITL most of the shows other than then early 2016 shows with axl in a chair were shite and slash clearly holding the brunt load of quality contributions and sales of tickets on his back along with carrying three very sub par 'members of the band' being led by frank, fortus, dizzy etc 

NONE of the songs ever sounded like the classic gnr the only times were during small intervals where frank didn't have notes, the only bit of gnr music magic was during adler's appearances 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

I like how some take a simple interview, and turn that interview into a piece of fiction. 

You guys must have the ability to read minds or infact be either Duff, Slash, Richard, Frank or Axl, as you guys know all about the interworkings of the thought  process, and the process behind those thoughts and actions taken by all involved. 

It's ok to leave Trinity in the matrix and return to reality and take things at face value as an outsider and a fan. 

You guys act like these guys are a bunch of 12 year olds arguing over toys, rather than adults. 

Common sense tells you if that's the case the reunion would have lasted the one show. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, kiwiguns said:

I like how some take a simple interview, and turn that interview into a piece of fiction. 

You guys must have the ability to read minds or infact be either Duff, Slash, Richard, Frank or Axl, as you guys know all about the interworkings of the thought  process, and the process behind those thoughts and actions taken by all involved. 

It's ok to leave Trinity in the matrix and return to reality and take things at face value as an outsider and a fan. 

You guys act like these guys are a bunch of 12 year olds arguing over toys, rather than adults. 

Common sense tells you if that's the case the reunion would have lasted the one show. 

It always baffles me how quickly some posters go "it is obvious Slash hates playing with these guys" or "Slash probably thinks Fortus is a tool onstage" an takes obvious personal dislike and play it off as fact lol

I feel like the Achilles Heel of the collective GNR fandom is this sort of thinking like we have any ability to truly say what these folks are thinking/wanting

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HWolllert said:

I don't know guys; give Duff a break. He's the one that turned around the most of them all. Maybe he had a drink or two, but that doesn't take away from him, he connected with Axl first of them all / being it a coincidence or not. And please don't compare him to Prince, cause it doesn't do any justice to him nor the other guys.  

Saying that Duff had a drink or two is like saying Elvis took the occasional sleep aid.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

When did they say this? Do you have a link?

Matt - last interview that was posted around, like 4- 8 weeks ago.

Slash - the first interview he did after reunion shows, july/august 2017, also once in the last couple of months during the interviews he did for Conspirators promo tour.

Sorry, no links. I just go through them, scan them and remember bits and pieces that catch my interest.

The fact is the band lasted 2 and a half years on one of the world's biggest tours. If they didn't like each other, things wouldn't have worked out the way they did. This is reinforced by the fact that the band took things incrementally (starting with the Coachella agreement and warm up show, and adding on more dates from there).

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

I really think getting Matt back is a dicey move as there is obviously issues with Axl which could prove volatile. Why do people assume that Slash wants him in the band?Plus I’m sure he’s in a new band anyway.

How do we know there are issues.. Didn't they hang out awhile back?

4 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The fact is the band lasted 2 and a half years on one of the world's biggest tours. If they didn't like each other, things wouldn't have worked out the way they did. This is reinforced by the fact that the band took things incrementally (starting with the Coachella agreement and warm up show, and adding on more dates from there).

You can like someone as a person but not like their playing and stage presence.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

How do we know there are issues.. Didn't they hang out awhile back?

Yeah - I’m sure they were in the same club and were cordial/had a drink but that’s very different to touring/recording. I could be totally wrong however I was sure it was still the case they weren’t exactly pals!

43 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Yeah - I’m sure they were in the same club and were cordial/had a drink but that’s very different to touring/recording. I could be totally wrong however I was sure it was still the case they weren’t exactly pals!

I thought I remember something about them leaving together and hanging out/talking/drinking in a limo? But yeah I doubt they have hung out since.