Bumblefoot To Tour As Singer-Guitarist For The Band Asia

soon

"Asia are debuting a new lineup featuring singer-guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, who was a member of Guns N' Roses from 2006-14, and bassist Billy Sherwood, who, like Geoff Downes, will be pulling double duty with Yes."

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/yes-royal-affair-tour/

Not sure how much singing he's doing based on this article?

Edited by soon

32 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I believe he'll be singing lead for Asia. I'm pretty stoked for this tour. 

I dont think Ive ever heard a song by Asia.:smiley-confused2: The other bands/musicians are familiar to me and are incredible. I own some ELP, Yes and Moody Blues LPs. So I can understand how Bumlefoot fits in guitar-wise and am interested to look up some Asia tracks and then hear him sing them. Seems like a really great honour for him, like how Axl/DC was for the ginger!

24 minutes ago, soon said:

I dont think Ive ever heard a song by Asia.:smiley-confused2: The other bands/musicians are familiar to me and are incredible. I own some ELP, Yes and Moody Blues LPs. So I can understand how Bumlefoot fits in guitar-wise and am interested to look up some Asia tracks and then hear him sing them. Seems like a really great honour for him, like how Axl/DC was for the ginger!

Here are their two biggest hits in the US at least, this first one was MASSIVE in the US:

This next one was more of a minor hit, but I actually like it more:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Here are their two biggest hits in the US at least, this first one was MASSIVE in the US:

This next one was more of a minor hit, but I actually like it more:

Love the big 80s guitar sounds on heat of the moment, and when MTV was all about the music.

• Like 1

Yeah, kinda like pop music (when rock was pop) as played by people who attended art high schools.

Only Time Will Tell is cool!! My point of reference would be Roxy Music/Ferry. And I really like the guitar solo and accompanying drums on Heat of the Moment.

I can hear how Bumbles vocal timbre fits in to this. I cant yet 'picture' him fronting this music. Will be cool to see/hear!!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

@ZoSoRoseand I went to see the tour last night. The show was great overall and Ron kicked 10 kinds of ass as always.

We had a couple of buddies of mine with us and they were  blown away. One of my friends saw the original Asia in 83. He said this show was every bit as good or better. He said Ron absolutely made the show for him :)

Show was awesome! Thanks, man!

• Like 1