Have You Seen Axl Rose "Wilderness Years" Short Film Interview

Let me tell you about a habit that Axl Rose has. When he swings for the fences vocally, he always uses his left hand to hold the microphone. You can see this habit from RAR 2006 to the Ritz 88, and also when he was filling in for Brian Johnson. Any badass scream that Axl has ever done,  (and you can look at recordings of old GNR shows to confirm this), he has always grasped the microphone with his left hand.

I don't really know what I'm getting at by pointing this out, prob something about the Left Brain vs the Right Brain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/4/2019 at 10:43 AM, sidman69 said:

Here's the film

Lol. This video makes Axl look like some sort of MJ recluse. So stupid it's funny. He was a recluse from the industry because he had no band, just some hired people doing whatever he wanted. So, it took him more than a decade to get it together.

1 hour ago, GonzoThesaurus said:

Let me tell you about a habit that Axl Rose has. When he swings for the fences vocally, he always uses his left hand to hold the microphone. You can see this habit from RAR 2006 to the Ritz 88, and also when he was filling in for Brian Johnson. Any badass scream that Axl has ever done,  (and you can look at recordings of old GNR shows to confirm this), he has always grasped the microphone with his left hand.

I don't really know what I'm getting at by pointing this out, prob something about the Left Brain vs the Right Brain.

Thats a neat observation. Never noticed that. It did stand out to me during the first months of NITL when I was watching the streams most that Axl had a 'stage move/dance' that was tossing the mic back and forth between his hands. Now I wonder if thats related, like searching himself "is it a left hand or a right hand kinda a night?"

5 hours ago, GonzoThesaurus said:

Man, that's a good catch there, I've never even considered that.  I'm fascinated by that kind of stuff, I bet Axl doesn't even realize he does it.

6 hours ago, GonzoThesaurus said:

I’ve observed this as well.

9 hours ago, GonzoThesaurus said:

I had never noticed but this peaked my curiosity so went to view some clips of the last show I saw Guns, which was San Antonio 2017 and I know he was feeling good cause the show was almost 4 hours long with a 6 song encore! And yup from the videos I saw he held the mic in his left hand. So interesting! :thumbsup:

23 hours ago, GonzoThesaurus said:

No. No, we can’t. 

Always noticed the the left hand thing. Just thought he was left handed. 

19 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Man, that's a good catch there, I've never even considered that.  I'm fascinated by that kind of stuff, I bet Axl doesn't even realize he does it.

Axl once time said that people in Internet know more about him , that himself.:D

• Haha 4

On 4/14/2019 at 11:30 AM, estranged_85 said:

I guess he's just left handed. Most people were forced to learn to write with their right hand in school. 

Or he's simply ambidextrous. I've always noticed how he wears a watch on his right wrist like a left handed person would. I'm like that too. Some things are more comfortable with one hand, others with another, but I've never been a lefty who was forced to be right-handed.