LA Guns Frontman Says All GN'R Albums Except 'Appetite' Are 'Pretty Average'

9 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I have heard Cocked & Loaded, the self titled and a few of their recent ones and even the biggest hits I wasn't that impressed with - although if there are any deep cuts you are willing to reccomend I am up for checking those out before further bashing them more :lol:

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Tracii Guns has something  to say:

I like Tracii

Good for Traci. In the last 2 weeks, Phil has ripped on Gn'R twice and Motley once. He was correct about the Motley comment because the Madonna cover is horrid, but there's no reason for the comment besides the fact that he'll get his name out on some internet sites by making said comments. LA Guns in their heyday were never more than a theater act and an opening band in arenas, and it eats at him that these other bands are still very successful and his reunion with Traci still has him playing bars and small clubs. I like some of LA Guns stuff, but they always have and always will be a 2nd rate act. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MildlyArtistic said:

People nowadays have literally only heard of LA Guns thanks to GNR...

48 minutes ago, Tomek1985 said:

Phil who? 

Rite or not it's like amateur player bashing pro for not doing it's best. Phil, whoever you are, remember who and where you are man and stay there.

11 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

LA Guns in their heyday were never more than a theater act and an opening band in arenas, and it eats at him that these other bands are still very successful and his reunion with Traci still has him playing bars and small clubs. I like some of LA Guns stuff, but they always have and always will be a 2nd rate act. 

Exactly. Traci seems like a cool guy though who's content with where he's at.

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

I checked out the first three, and while not bad, nothing especially brings me to consider repeat listenings if that makes sense?  Like the riffs and tropes seem like a "we have traversed this road before" thing musically to me

Just my own opinion on that of course - not knocking those who dig it!  But I just find "average" ironically a good description of it to my tastes

I like some LA GUNS stuff and while not really enjoying it, I really respect what they're doing right now, totally the opposite of what GNR is doing.

Releasing stuff is waay better than nothing at all, we're all entitled to our opinions about their material as much as he is entitled to his about GNR, and if we go through this kind of road: He has somewhat of a affiliation with GNR thus he is even more qualified to share his own toughts. 

Who is Phil Lewis? 

The question is: Who are we, we smash GNR every fuckin day here, let the guy talk.

Edited by default_
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, default_ said:

Who is Phil Lewis? 

The question is: Who are we, we smash GNR every fuckin day here, let the guy talk.

I've always seen the devotion that we as fans give very similar to that of following your favourite sports team. We invest our time coming here daily, voicing our opinions and concerns on whatever the band may or may not be doing. Whenever Guns are playing, we've got threads on the show, where people all over the world give their thoughts on how the performance is going, whether it be good or bad, but at the end of the day, we all want to see the band firing on all cylinders and showing that they're the best at what they do. If someone comes along and slates your team or whatever you spend your time/money on, I'd say it would be a natural response to put them in their place.

Or I could have had too much to drink and talking nonsense, which is possibly more likely :lol:

• Like 2