Terminator - Dark Fate

Dude, it's down to the shots. We've gone way beyond plot points. We're (consciously or unconsciously) repeating the way something was shot in a number of different films. That's just shows that not only can they not help repeating the same plot, but the way they present it to the audience. When you see the side by side comparison, its no doubt why Terminator has reached a place of diminishing returns.

On 28/07/2019 at 4:43 PM, appetite4illusions said:

This is a pretty funny video. Hits the nail on the head on how Terminator can't help but recycle everything about itself. I can only imagine how much more is in Dark Fate that we've seen before in other Terminator films.

Cameron lost his integrity here. The guy wasted so much time he can'tdo anything any more so now we have to cope with his bullshit.

Let us forget the past three movies... but the irony is that the new trailer showed us they took elements from them.

Genisys was the start of a new Terminator franchise everybody jumped on the wagon and it failed miserably. Genisys was one of the worst sequel I can remember, all sticks and no carrots. It was just a bunch of miscasts with an oblivious and awful story.

A franchise about capitalism (and its military industrial complex and scientific industrial complex) reaching its logic conclusion by turning on humanity hasn't been servicing its audience yet people will still give the franchise their money... so meta.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, soon said:

A franchise about capitalism (and its military industrial complex and scientific industrial complex) reaching its logic conclusion by turning on humanity hasn't been servicing its audience yet people will still give the franchise their money... so meta.

Are you talking about GnR or Terminator?

• 1 month later...

This new trailer looks promising. Kinda excited for this now. I just hope that they don't rely only on action and that there will be an interesting story and some sense of dread, like T1 and T2 had. That's where the previous sequels missed their mark.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/08/2019 at 8:24 PM, jekylhyde said:

This new trailer looks promising. Kinda excited for this now. I just hope that they don't rely only on action and that there will be an interesting story and some sense of dread, like T1 and T2 had. That's where the previous sequels missed their mark.

There's this other trailer out there that's like an unofficial red band. It actually looks way better than the one you posted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Sorry if this has been said. I just can't go over every message here. lol

Eddie Furlong is back too! Saw an extended preview and it looks awesome. Linda and Arnold will have a showdown! lol

From what I've seen I have no idea how they can kill that new and improved terminator. He looks unkillable!

I feel like Eddie Furlong’s role will be SUPER small tho. Like... ridiculously small... almost to the point where it’s a joke...

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I feel like Eddie Furlong’s role will be SUPER small tho. Like... ridiculously small... almost to the point where it’s a joke...

Unlike Eddie Furlong himself who is a great big fat fucking pudding these days! :lol: 

On 7/25/2019 at 12:02 AM, metallex78 said:

Yeah, I’m not sold on that either.

They were like “look, we’re rated R, so that means it’s gonna be good!”

Not necessarily.

I'm glad when movies are rated R. Then you know the violence will be awesome! lol

Sometimes they purposely make movies PG 13 so the teens can see it, but then it's too toned down.

"IT" Chapter 2 was rated R and it didn't hole back on language or the violence and it was great.

On 9/10/2019 at 12:35 AM, Dazey said:

Unlike Eddie Furlong himself who is a great big fat fucking pudding these days! :lol: 

Yeah, it looked like he had an awesome future after Terminator 2, but then nothing. Oh well. I guess shit happens and sometimes things don't go as planned.

12 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, it looked like he had an awesome future after Terminator 2, but then nothing. Oh well. I guess shit happens and sometimes things don't go as planned.

He was really great in American History X too. 

On 12/09/2019 at 5:13 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I'm glad when movies are rated R. Then you know the violence will be awesome! lol

Sometimes they purposely make movies PG 13 so the teens can see it, but then it's too toned down.

"IT" Chapter 2 was rated R and it didn't hole back on language or the violence and it was great.

I’m not saying an R rated film is a bad thing. It was just the way it was implied that “hey look, it’s gonna be R so it’ll be good” that irks me.

And unless the story, acting and directing are good, I could care less about the gore

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:07 AM, metallex78 said:

I’m not saying an R rated film is a bad thing. It was just the way it was implied that “hey look, it’s gonna be R so it’ll be good” that irks me.

And unless the story, acting and directing are good, I could care less about the gore

I agree. I've noticed a trend in the last decade or so (actually, since Alien vs Predator - Requiem) where a studio will release an R-rated movie and market it almost exclusively to the fanboy audience, relishing in the gore and violence in their promotional material, as if to say, "Hey, it's R-rated, this is what you losers wanted!" It's patronizing, and it's usually done as a reactionary measure when the previous PG-13 version doesn't work... and almost always, without fail, the R-rated version is even worse. :lol:

AvP Requiem is a great example. Fans hated the PG-13 first AvP movie. FOX pushed Requiem as a hard-R flick, showing off the violence in an "unrated" trailer. I remember posting on this forum about it back in 2007, being super stoked and hyped up for it, but then it came out and it was even worse than the first movie.

Fanboys were upset that Die Hard 4 was PG-13, so when 5 came out, same thing: they heavily promoted it as R-rated to get the fanboys excited...and it was by far the worst of the series.

Recently, the Hellboy remake did the same thing -- they knew online chatter was negative towards it and fanboys were skeptical (because people actually do like the PG-13 Del Toro movies), so they released a gritty, unrated, ultra-R trailer shortly before its release, to try and stoke the fanboy flames. Then the movie came out and was trash.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Dark Fate but I'm wary of how they're putting the R-rating in the forefront of the campaign. It also worries me that Cameron mentioned they filmed alternate takes on set, because they weren't sure during production whether the studio would mandate it as PG-13 or R. Something about that idea rubs me the wrong way. But I genuinely hope it's good and I've learned not to doubt Cameron, so with his involvement I'm cautiously optimistic.

I like Salvation, I prefer it to T3 and T5. The others felt like a joke, this one as a serious movie.

The only problem is that it is a Terminator movie, and that raises the bar. If it was called "John's adventures in 2040" , you would hate it so much.

I hated both John Connors from T3 and T5. And Kyle Reese from T5... I didn't know they took steroids in this apocalyptic future.

5 minute IMAX trailer is out, it's in Russian. 

Some of the cgi looks pretty bad among other things. I'm starting to have doubts about it but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and go see it anyway. 

If it's bad then I guess they'll just try again in like 10 years.

1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

5 minute IMAX trailer is out, it's in Russian. 

Some of the cgi looks pretty bad among other things. I'm starting to have doubts about it but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and go see it anyway. 

If it's bad then I guess they'll just try again in like 10 years.

It’s going to be awful because it’s just the same story yet again. I hope I’m wrong but nothing I’ve seen so far makes me think I am. :( 

• Like 1