Terminator - Dark Fate

It was alright, some people seem to have a problem with it being a bitch-heavy movie (there might be some spoilers in this shit so don't read it if you're bothered) I don't have no problem with that, the only place where it seems kinda shite is where its just a mindless transplant but this was kinda done well, the Ghostbusters one seemed kinda shite cuz it just seemed like a bunch of goofy bitches literally just placed in place of the other Ghostbusters and thats it.  The drawing of parrallels between the new girl and Sarah only she's like...a John instead of a Sarah, the enhanced Bitch was pretty good too, lets face it, you'd need an enhanced something to fight that new fucker. 

The T-800 getting human is good and it was kinda there to be explored as a concept ever since T2 where they show that the Terminator has potential in that direction...but I don't agree with the lad up there saying that the movie should've been more about that, fuck that shit, they gave it about 15 minutes which is good enough, fuck a whole movie about a fuckin' Terminator with a heart, thats getting way too close to like...Peyton Place, him living 20 years in the suburbs shagging 'soccer moms' or whatever.  Actually, thats a point, he's fuckin' learning to be human right?  Since when were humans like...good decent people with heart and kindness, how come he didn't learn greed, avarice, jealousy, hatred.  Its in our nature to destroy ourselves right?  That ain't cuz of our kindness and compassion.

It was alright though, worth the once over, especially in the cinema.

Just downloaded it cuz I ain't paying for any terminator sequels after salvation.

That said, I'm still unsure whether Genisys or Dark Fate is the worst movie in the series. Tho Genisys might take the cake for erasing T1 and T2 in its continuity, something DF did not.

Anyways, the flick is so confusing, I'm still not sure who sent the first terminator in the movie, skynet, who shouldn't exist after being wiped in T2 or not-skynet who shouldn't even carry this mission since dani is in the spotlight now (and why the hell would it produce yet another arnie? Is it the only design available for evil AI's?).

The time skip didn't help either. Sara is a terminator hunter. How many did she kill? How does she doesn't know Dani? If these hunted terminators weren't looking for her like rev 9 (so they would end up meeting), what were they after?

Edited by Chewbacca

There's a real futility to it.

It looks like a duck and quacks like one...but after they essentially nullify the first two films, you find yourself wrapped up in the action and ask, "Am I really supposed to care about the ramifications of this action scene? Of the future-war? They just flushed everything cool down the drain."

• Like 1

On 02/11/2019 at 1:47 AM, appetite4illusions said:

There's a real futility to it.

It looks like a duck and quacks like one...but after they essentially nullify the first two films, you find yourself wrapped up in the action and ask, "Am I really supposed to care about the ramifications of this action scene? Of the future-war? They just flushed everything cool down the drain."

This is a fair point regarding why none of them will ever be as effective as the first and second one, its difficult to get as involved with it emotionally.  Maybe thats something to do with my being a kid when I saw the first two, I dunno.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

This is a fair point regarding why none of them will ever be as effective as the first and second one, its difficult to get as involved with it emotionally.  Maybe thats something to do with my being a kid when I saw the first two, I dunno.

It is to do with everything after the first two being utter excrement.

I think there was always room for a sequel, they have all just done a terrible job on it.

seeing how you can't stop technical evolution, even the destruction of skynet wouldn't prevent a total nuclear war, possible with advanced AI robots.

another company could arise, using their own technical discoveries, and making evil terminators themselves.

they too, can sent terminators back in space.

it's as simple as that, but they had to screw up anyway. Gotta get those woke points, cringeworthy cast / story notwithstanding

People being unfulfilled by these myriad sequels, remakes and reboots is no surprise. These tchotchke's of empires in decline make clear that its not only the nation states and their economic structures that are failing - the culture is rotting too. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, soon said:

People being unfulfilled by these myriad sequels, remakes and reboots is no surprise. These tchotchke's of empires in decline make clear that its not only the nation states and their economic structures that are failing - the culture is rotting too. 

hollywood is not "our culture", it's culture from above, a top-down movement. Hollywood is propaganda, not culture.

"real" culture comes from within society, it always did.

see the cambridge definition of culture:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/culture

"the way of lifeespecially the general customs and beliefs, of a particular group of people at a particular time"

The hollywood culture, or rather the culture of the super rich people behind it, can hardly be called representative of the culture of the common people. See how loathed most hollywood movies are: that's not our culture. It's failed propaganda.

13 hours ago, soon said:

America has no culture.

24 minutes ago, action said:

"the way of life", says cambridge.

So.... hamburgers, donuts and mass shootings?

Its true though, they have no national theatre to speak of, literature has never been more than a passing concern, there really isn’t any foundation for culture.  And this isn’t Americas fault, its a young country that came of age in a time where consumerism kind of replaced culture even in the rest of the world, really and truly speaking we are all without culture.

Think about it right, who are the great thinkers, philosophers, writers of our times?  There have been times in history, Greek and Roman periods for example, where you can reel off scores of names of such people, people with a profound gift that sped up the evolution of the human race, these things are replaced now by technological advances, which amount to like...making life easier basically.  True genius presents new challenges, not new convenience.  

37 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Its true though, they have no national theatre to speak of, literature has never been more than a passing concern, there really isn’t any foundation for culture.  And this isn’t Americas fault, its a young country that came of age in a time where consumerism kind of replaced culture even in the rest of the world, really and truly speaking we are all without culture.

Think about it right, who are the great thinkers, philosophers, writers of our times?  There have been times in history, Greek and Roman periods for example, where you can reel off scores of names of such people, people with a profound gift that sped up the evolution of the human race, these things are replaced now by technological advances, which amount to like...making life easier basically.  True genius presents new challenges, not new convenience.  

I'm not doubting the historic importance of old greece and their great philosophers like plato and aristotle.

But I like to think of greece, even in that period, as mainly a bunch of people like you and me. I wonder, how many of those were familiar with plato's teachings, even at that time?

there is the "upper" culture of the elite, and the widely undocumented but far more important culture of the "mass". 

it's like the titanic. You had the culture of the "first class", with the few enjoying brandy and smoking rooms, and the "lower" deck which held quite the exciting parties with drinking, fucking and dancing. None of it recorded for posterity, but nonetheless more "real" than the smoking room ensemble.

Come to think of it, we don't know even 5 % of the culture of our ancestors. Think about it; how much do we "really" know? I know some stories from my grandparents, but go further back and you need to rely on boring official records and tombstones.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 11:31 AM, Basic_GnR_Fan said:
  Hide contents

Another really smart review of this movie, this one gets into the anti-feminine and anti-motherly nature of this movie compared to the previous entries in the franchise.

This guy agrees with me, they should have focused on the Arnold character and how he deals with fitting in with human society.

A 22 minute review of a 2 hour action film is pointless. 

• Like 1

I do think the rumor of a new song in Dark Fate was a story twisted into bullshit. I believe the producers did reach out to GNR and the guys saw it and realized how terrible is, and that's why Slash commented about no new song in Dark Fate. The guy that claimed GNR was gonna put a new song in the film probably just saw them there at the screening and just assumed a new song was involved.