megaguns1982

Terminator - Dark Fate

15 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

We've had a Termatorix with robotic boobs. We have had Genesis which couldn't even write its own name it is that confusing a film. Now we have had Arniie as a T-800 called ''Carl'' who is into Drapery and has a family! Please let the franchise die. 

"I know now why you cry, though its something I'll never can" yet he managed to find a woman anyway. Feelings are so overrated, sexy body ftw.

I actually think Rise of the Machines is a slightly better film than Dark Fate (they are both essentially the same film, inferior reprises of T2). Arnie was still (just about) young enough to play the Terminator as he's supposed to be, so there was no ''aging explanation'', body double cgi jobs and/or time travel paradox required. Pity they had to recast Conner and wrote Sarah Conner off with something weak (''yeh, she just died of cancer in Peru''!).  

I would plump for,

T1 5/5

T2 5/5

(Massive gap)

T3 2.5/5

Dark Fate 2/5 

Salvation 1/5

(Massive gap as the following is one of the worst films I have ever seen),

Genesis (and no, I am not deliberately misspelling it) -10/5.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Just watched it. Fairly silly soft-reboot stuff (of T2) with awful CGI and a haggered looking Arnie in Kindergarten Cop mode. I'd say it certainly has aspects of Woke (all that dialogue about her not being just a breeding machine for another heroic male resistance leader) and there is some anti-Thrumpean stuff during the whole border-Mexican stuff. I wouldn't say that is how the film fails though, simply that it goes from one gormless chase scene to another. 

You wanna watch ‘Sorry We Missed You’, its in the cinemas now.

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You wanna watch ‘Sorry We Missed You’, its in the cinemas now.

I don't go to the cinemas since they were all bulldozed, replaced with multiplexes, and also since they started charging an arm and a leg (and piracy become easier). 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I don't go to the cinemas since they were all bulldozed, replaced with multiplexes, and also since they started charging an arm and a leg (and piracy become easier). 

Well go for this one, its  worth it.  They ain't all that expensive y'know, 7 quid a ticket, I'm sure you can swing that.  Support valuable cinema and you might get more of it sunbeam ;)

I have good memories of Rise of The Machines. I thought it was a successful sequel. It laid the foundations for the future war against Skynet.

The concepts of Salvation were solid but the execution was poor. It's too bad because the studios took the right path when they planned a full-on war trilogy and they couldn't have casted a better John Connor.

Genesys was fucking dumb even how they spelt Genesys was fucking dumb and I have no desire to watch Woke Fate. Skynet took over the franchise, it's over.

4 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Saw Dark Fate a few days ago.

Much better than Genisys.

Is that really saying much, though?

Besides, if you ask China, they’ll tell you that Genisys is the best of the series! :P

7 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Besides, if you ask China, they’ll tell you that Genisys is the best of the series! :P

Pretty funny that China loved it.  

But they literally have a billion more people than the USAs population so it probably doesn’t say much.

• Like 1

Dark Fate is a wannabe Marvel movie. The fight scenes were full of CGI karate where the bad guy character can take a million hits. Only the first two movies got this right. Even the T-1000 starts malfunctioning after it was frozen and then blown up. Cameron was always good about keeping some semblance of realism and understanding of physics in his movies.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Probably not.

There were some things I didn't like about Dark Fate but I've read that no sequels are planned.

57 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Probably not.

There were some things I didn't like about Dark Fate but I've read that no sequels are planned.

Yeah the franchise is dead again now, as far as we know. My guess is the next reboot will be a HARD reboot this time where they simply remake the first film with all-new actors. I think we’ve seen the last of Arnold and Linda.

7 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

My guess is the next reboot will be a HARD reboot this time where they simply remake the first film with all-new actors.

I hope your guess doesn't come true.

9 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I hope your guess doesn't come true.

Me too, but my cynical Hollywood-exec mentality is telling me that it will, unfortunately!

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Me too, but my cynical Hollywood-exec mentality is telling me that it will, unfortunately!

It will.  But I reckon it will be a long time possibly a decade.

• Like 1