Terminator - Dark Fate

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is quite a different film I find.

The funny thing is, with the extended extended scene with an aged Sarah (slightly ropey make-up I hate to say), it demonstratively cannot be canonical with Dark Fate. Cameron essentially decanonized that variant of the film by making Dark Fate. 

Aside from the first 2 I don't even bother with what is canon. You can't with 3 -4 different false starts to pick the story up. I just view 3-6 as dumb action movies

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 10:24 PM, action said:

does this franchise really need 5 movies?

I mean, it's great and all, but there's only so many times you can make a neon / noir action movie featuring robots from the future and make it fresh and exciting. do we really care about all that backstory? wasn't "you gotta say please" way more exciting than all of that drivel? the robots are a mcguffin, it was all about the style and the dialogue and not by arnie per se. the bar scene from T2 was great because all those memorable quotes and situations. "can't let you have his bike son", and he proceeds to take his shotgun while  bo-bo-bo-baaaad is playing. it has nothing to do with the backstory, it doesn't need a fucking backstory, but it was cool and it was what we remember. but different timelines, all this explanation… get the fuck out ta here. I've long lost interest son, there other movies too.

The biggest problem I had is that Cameron, other producers, the new director, etc. decided to go back to Terminator 2. And to forget about all the other movies that came after. How can we pretend that here nothing happened?  So we need some kind of back story otherwise the movie itself doesn't make sense. I mean we can't just get Sarah Connor back out of the blue, without any kind of explanation.