Jump to content
megaguns1982

Terminator - Dark Fate

Recommended Posts

I like Salvation, I prefer it to T3 and T5. The others felt like a joke, this one as a serious movie.

The only problem is that it is a Terminator movie, and that raises the bar. If it was called "John's adventures in 2040" , you would hate it so much.

I hated both John Connors from T3 and T5. And Kyle Reese from T5... I didn't know they took steroids in this apocalyptic future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minute IMAX trailer is out, it's in Russian. 

Some of the cgi looks pretty bad among other things. I'm starting to have doubts about it but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and go see it anyway. 

If it's bad then I guess they'll just try again in like 10 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

5 minute IMAX trailer is out, it's in Russian. 

Some of the cgi looks pretty bad among other things. I'm starting to have doubts about it but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and go see it anyway. 

If it's bad then I guess they'll just try again in like 10 years.

It’s going to be awful because it’s just the same story yet again. I hope I’m wrong but nothing I’ve seen so far makes me think I am. :( 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dazey said:

It’s going to be awful because it’s just the same story yet again. I hope I’m wrong but nothing I’ve seen so far makes me think I am. :( 

I hope your wrong too but I have a bad feeling. I'm a total terminator nerd so I could make a huge list of the things that are bugging me about it but I'll spare everyone that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched another new trailer and it appears that we have another bad terminator that just wants to throw people.... how disappointing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Terminator Dark Fate appears to have surprised some people yesterday by screening in place of T2. Just wondering if anybody has seen it, is there any new GNR music in it? Or any references to GNR? I know Slash said there wasn't but that could be a decoy to keep the surprise. Seems like a huge missed opportunity if GNR didn't put a new song in it, but maybe they didn't like the movie? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if there was a new gnr song in it, 1 or 2 people would’ve talked about it

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm seeing it Wednesday night. 

Even a short clip of YCBM would be epic for nostalgia. Hearing YCBM in Terminator 2 was my first ever GNR memory.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slash has already said there is'nt a GN'R song on this movie.

Every time a Terminator movie is released it must have Guns N' Roses! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The film looks an absolute turkey based on the trailer. If its bad as it looks then it's 'wide birth' material for me, regardless of whether they do something like shove one of the characters in a 'retro AFD shirt' or not! 

If it's not a total disaster of Genisys proportions. I'd be keen to hear what people think......

Edited by allwaystired

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Slash has already said there is'nt a GN'R song on this movie.

Every time a Terminator movie is released it must have Guns N' Roses! 

It's a big recurring one - ropey Terminator sequel, people speculating wildly then 'confirming' a new GNR song will be in it, then nothing happening. See also: "will GNR do the Superbowl this year?" and "new material to be released by end of year"!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The film looks an absolute turkey based on the trailer. If its bad as it looks then it's 'wide birth' material for me, regardless of whether they do something like shove one of the characters in a 'retro AFD shirt' or not! 

If it's not a total disaster of Genisys proportions. I'd be keen to hear what people think......

Seems the early reactions/reviews have been very positive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely everything about this trailer absolutely fucking sucks. 

3 was an abortion

Salvation was supposed to be the start of a new trilogy and direction and it was very good with a really interesting direction for John Connor/Christian Bale to move forward but the idiot critics and public shat on it because Schwarzenegger was exactly where he was supposed to be: not fucking in it (except for a CGI cameo of a T800 in a T-800 factory). So they abandoned it because it *only* made $370 million on a $200 million budget.

Genisys was a horrible pile of shit T2 remix where they ret-conned some bullshit ageing gimmick into the T-800 so they could have Schwarzenegger back playing a character that was very specifically melted at the end of T2. But they made $440 million off a $160 million budget so fuck taking the harder route and telling interesting stories and asking interesting questions in the wider Terminator universe when you can sell a shit, lazy remix. 

Had they gone ahead with the Salvation trilogy and told good stories they'd be doing fine. Instead they're milking the Schwarzenegger/Hamilton/Cameron nostalgia into a corner for easy bucks with dumb marks likely equating "Producer James Cameron Returns" with him actually making the film as opposed to being paid to use his name for marketing purposes. He's fucking neck deep in four Avatar sequels he's making simultaneously for Chrissakes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jordan Rose said:

Absolutely everything about this trailer absolutely fucking sucks. 

3 was an abortion

Salvation was supposed to be the start of a new trilogy and direction and it was very good with a really interesting direction for John Connor/Christian Bale to move forward but the idiot critics and public shat on it because Schwarzenegger was exactly where he was supposed to be: not fucking in it (except for a CGI cameo of a T800 in a T-800 factory). So they abandoned it because it *only* made $370 million on a $200 million budget.

Genisys was a horrible pile of shit T2 remix where they ret-conned some bullshit ageing gimmick into the T-800 so they could have Schwarzenegger back playing a character that was very specifically melted at the end of T2. But they made $440 million off a $160 million budget so fuck taking the harder route and telling interesting stories and asking interesting questions in the wider Terminator universe when you can sell a shit, lazy remix. 

Had they gone ahead with the Salvation trilogy and told good stories they'd be doing fine. Instead they're milking the Schwarzenegger/Hamilton/Cameron nostalgia into a corner for easy bucks with dumb marks likely equating "Producer James Cameron Returns" with him actually making the film as opposed to being paid to use his name for marketing purposes. He's fucking neck deep in four Avatar sequels he's making simultaneously for Chrissakes. 

Couldn't agree more. Salvation has also held up well- it was a great attempt to do something new with a franchise that has been flogged to death. 

14 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Seems the early reactions/reviews have been very positive

Not seen any yet, but I'll have a look. Thanks for the heads up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Absolutely everything about this trailer absolutely fucking sucks. 

3 was an abortion

Salvation was supposed to be the start of a new trilogy and direction and it was very good with a really interesting direction for John Connor/Christian Bale to move forward but the idiot critics and public shat on it because Schwarzenegger was exactly where he was supposed to be: not fucking in it (except for a CGI cameo of a T800 in a T-800 factory). So they abandoned it because it *only* made $370 million on a $200 million budget.

Genisys was a horrible pile of shit T2 remix where they ret-conned some bullshit ageing gimmick into the T-800 so they could have Schwarzenegger back playing a character that was very specifically melted at the end of T2. But they made $440 million off a $160 million budget so fuck taking the harder route and telling interesting stories and asking interesting questions in the wider Terminator universe when you can sell a shit, lazy remix. 

Had they gone ahead with the Salvation trilogy and told good stories they'd be doing fine. Instead they're milking the Schwarzenegger/Hamilton/Cameron nostalgia into a corner for easy bucks with dumb marks likely equating "Producer James Cameron Returns" with him actually making the film as opposed to being paid to use his name for marketing purposes. He's fucking neck deep in four Avatar sequels he's making simultaneously for Chrissakes. 

T3 was fine, except for some CGI shit and the Terminatrix. It should have been Linda.

I dont like the trailers for T6. Looks like T3. Too many women and cyborgs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, allwaystired said:

Couldn't agree more. Salvation has also held up well- it was a great attempt to do something new with a franchise that has been flogged to death. 

Exactly. The catalog is a mess and whilst they'll rake it in with this nostalgia remix and maybe even another two with Hamilton (as this is supposed to be a new trilogy) they're fucking themselves for the future. They could be planning out a whole universe of Terminator films over ten or twenty years and instead we get more lazy ret-con shit. Dwayne Johnson has proved you can viagra almost any stagnant or dead franchise. Tom Cruise has put limitless life on the Mission series by making them increasingly better in every way each time. I'm gonna write a massive bitchfest review about this shit trailer when i finish work. And T3 to boot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Creed said:

T3 was fine, except for some CGI shit and the Terminatrix. It should have been Linda.

I dont like the trailers for T6. Looks like T3. Too many women and cyborgs.

...throw in the truly pathetic script/acting ("My mom fed me this shit since the cradle" "talk to the hand") and lame attempts at humour, alongside the shitty CGI and 'femme fatale' female Terminator and T3 was a stinker. I think you're being kind to it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Creed said:

T3 was fine, except for some CGI shit and the Terminatrix. It should have been Linda.

I dont like the trailers for T6. Looks like T3. Too many women and cyborgs.

The only thing that was fine about T3 was when the credits rolled and the T2 theme played marking the first time anyone noticed the music or score for the entire movie since it was completely lost on the NINE people who made it that the music was one of the cornerstones of what made T2 so brilliant and iconic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jordan Rose said:

Exactly. The catalog is a mess and whilst they'll rake it in with this nostalgia remix and maybe even another two with Hamilton (as this is supposed to be a new trilogy) they're fucking themselves for the future. They could be planning out a whole universe of Terminator films over ten or twenty years and instead we get more lazy ret-con shit. Dwayne Johnson has proved you can viagra almost any stagnant or dead franchise. Tom Cruise has put limitless life on the Mission series by making them increasingly better in every way each time. I'm gonna write a massive bitchfest review about this shit trailer when i finish work. And T3 to boot. 

They could also be, you know, investing their time, ideas and money into something entirely new......but that's not going to happen obviously! 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

...throw in the truly pathetic script/acting ("My mom fed me this shit since the cradle" "talk to the hand") and lame attempts at humour, alongside the shitty CGI and 'femme fatale' female Terminator and T3 was a stinker. I think you're being kind to it! 

John Connor, the absolute badass kid from T2 and grizzled war veteran off the flash forward, played by and written to be a betacuck pussy bitch sent back from 2019. Claire Danes: woman totally unsuited to action, clearly not a fan or someone who "got" T1/T2 just doing it for the cash. 

Female Terminator with inflatable tits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

...throw in the truly pathetic script/acting ("My mom fed me this shit since the cradle" "talk to the hand") and lame attempts at humour, alongside the shitty CGI and 'femme fatale' female Terminator and T3 was a stinker. I think you're being kind to it! 

compared to T4 and T5 it was good. But it had no dark tone at all. The ending is great. T3 was simply an action flick, while T1 and T2 were sci-fi horror / action. I guess T3 was even PG13

Yeah, and Nick Stahl's role was off key. Didnt fit with the John Connor from T2

Edited by Creed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I understand it - there are plans for a new trilogy IF this one is successful. The early reactions are out today and they are mostly positive. Without knowing how this film is going to pan out story-wise, I don’t see Arnie being in any future ones unless very minor role. 72 now and by the time a new one potentially arrives he will be about 75! Linda - maybe but again to a lesser degree as it seems she really had to work out physically to get in shape for this.

Apparently Mackenzie Davis is superb in this.

And agree regarding Salvation - very underrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

John Connor, the absolute badass kid from T2 and grizzled war veteran off the flash forward, played by and written to be a betacuck pussy bitch sent back from 2019. Claire Danes: woman totally unsuited to action, clearly not a fan or someone who "got" T1/T2 just doing it for the cash. 

Female Terminator with inflatable tits.

Hahahahaha - I'd totally forgotten the inflatable tits bit! Wow- what shit! 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only new GNR reference on Terminator is on Mortal Kombat 11. Forget about new songs on the movie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×