Terminator - Dark Fate

31 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Did T3 never happen? Is this an alternate sequel to T2? Is Eddie Furlong in it? I'm so confused. 

Yes, yes and rumoured. This picks up after T2 and assume that none of the other movies happened. Eddie Furlong is supposedly in it though in what context isn’t clear. 

Edited by Dazey

The problem is there was never meant to be sequels to begin with, such was T2's finality, so everything following those first two films has been forced and clunky; actor switching; having to come up with some excuse for why the entire future wasn't fixed; attempts to account for Arnold's aging, etc. It would have been better if it ended with T2. Same with Aliens. You don't have to keep producing dreary sequels to your best loved films, you know?

1 minute ago, Creed said:

somehow i don't like aliens at all. alien 1 is great. Prometheus was OK. the rest is lame. Aliens should have been the story of Sigourney checking out a lost space ship which called SOS. And HR Giger should have created completly different aliens for this one. 

Aliens is awesome. I saw it again at the movies a few months ago however and some of the effects have aged poorly. 

7 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

@Uncle Bob are you ready for this?

I am, but I don't know what to think.

People is saying reviews are being positive.... It's 67% so far in Rotten Tomatoes... BUT... Terminator 3 is 69%, which would make you think these reviews are not that great....

But anyway, I can't trust critics anymore since Joker is a fucking 68% in that damn site

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

Saw it tonight and it's a lot better than everything since T2 but it's nothing amazing. Definitely worth a watch though.

I've been on a sequel kick this weekend. I saw Jay & Silent Bob Reboot today and there was a trailer for Dark Fate that I hadn't seen yet. Made it look much better than I thought previously. I may actually go see it in the theater now. 

I just watched it

Theyve completely ruined t1 and t2 in the first 5 minutes, I don’t even know what to say. This is by far the worst of all the terminator movies imo. too many times during the movie I was like, give me a fucking break!  I could have written a better story line.

Edited by megaguns1982

Spoiler
28 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

I just watched it

Theyve completely ruined t1 and t2 by killing off John in the first 5 minutes, I don’t even know what to say. This is by far the worst of all the terminator movies imo. too many times during the movie I was like, give me a fucking break!  I could have written a better story line.

Reading this, good job I'm not going to see the film, and not especially bothered about the film haha!

This sounds like a rubbish scenario where they bump off Van Dammage at the beginning of Kickboxer 2 or Newt and so forth for Alien 3. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

Spoiler

So I looked up the plot of this movie, since I wanted to know before spending hard earned cash on this, and I'm glad I did.

T3 just became the best post - T2 movie in the series.

they had to kill john, to allow for a new protagonist, the powerfull independent woman.

so the trailers and cringeworthy poster didn't lie, this really is just an attempt at gaining woke points.

nothing to see here. I'm not interested in propaganda by the woke movement. it's too much of a bore

19 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Don't worry, I feel the same way when bugmen discuss Marvel movies!

Ha, I figure bugmen is a marvel reference? I’ve not seen any. 

Anne of green gables is the only cinematic universe I have passionate opinions on :lol: