megaguns1982

Terminator - Dark Fate

3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

As I understand it - there are plans for a new trilogy IF this one is successful. The early reactions are out today and they are mostly positive. Without knowing how this film is going to pan out story-wise, I don’t see Arnie being in any future ones unless very minor role. 72 now and by the time a new one potentially arrives he will be about 75! Linda - maybe but again to a lesser degree as it seems she really had to work out physically to get in shape for this.

Apparently Mackenzie Davis is superb in this.

And agree regarding Salvation - very underrated.

I'm totally open to having my mind changed when I see it but I never pay any attention to critic and public reviews/scores before I see something myself. The amount of things you can look at on Rotten Tomatoes and the critics and/or public are SO far off. It's all subjective of course but only to a point. I mean, Finding Nemo has a 99% critic score from 263 reviews. If you've watched Studio Ghibli or frankly any half decent anime there is no way you can possibly give Nemo a near perfect score when it is a blueprint for every shallow, irritating, repetitive Disney cliche they have driven into the ground for decades. There is more imagination, originality and beauty in one scene of Spirited Away, Mononoke etc. It's like comparing Dennis The Menace and The Beano to a great graphic novel. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

I'm totally open to having my mind changed when I see it but I never pay any attention to critic and public reviews/scores before I see something myself. The amount of things you can look at on Rotten Tomatoes and the critics and/or public are SO far off. It's all subjective of course but only to a point. I mean, Finding Nemo has a 99% critic score from 263 reviews. If you've watched Studio Ghibli or frankly any half decent anime there is no way you can possibly give Nemo a near perfect score when it is a blueprint for every shallow, irritating, repetitive Disney cliche they have driven into the ground for decades. There is more imagination, originality and beauty in one scene of Spirited Away, Mononoke etc. It's like comparing Dennis The Menace and The Beano to a great graphic novel. 

Oh - totally. I’m very much in the ‘make your own mind-up’ camp as well. That said - pre-release comments does seem to be more positive than the others which is good. I will be going regardless - looking forward to it.

The terminator franchise can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until the audience are dead. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, THELINESMAN said:

So, Terminator Dark Fate appears to have surprised some people yesterday by screening in place of T2. Just wondering if anybody has seen it, is there any new GNR music in it? Or any references to GNR? I know Slash said there wasn't but that could be a decoy to keep the surprise. Seems like a huge missed opportunity if GNR didn't put a new song in it, but maybe they didn't like the movie? 

I merged this with the existing thread about the movie. 

None of the trailers have got me excited about this but I'm willing to be surprised if it's actually any good. 

Did T3 never happen? Is this an alternate sequel to T2? Is Eddie Furlong in it? I'm so confused. 

31 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Did T3 never happen? Is this an alternate sequel to T2? Is Eddie Furlong in it? I'm so confused. 

Yes, yes and rumoured. This picks up after T2 and assume that none of the other movies happened. Eddie Furlong is supposedly in it though in what context isn’t clear. 

Edited by Dazey

33 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Unfortunately, it did happen. And it was lame. 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Unfortunately, it did happen. And it was lame. 

It happened for us but thankfully this new timeline shitcans it. 

Jon Connor in T3 sucked balls. I'll probably see this one once a decent copy is up on iptv vod

The problem is there was never meant to be sequels to begin with, such was T2's finality, so everything following those first two films has been forced and clunky; actor switching; having to come up with some excuse for why the entire future wasn't fixed; attempts to account for Arnold's aging, etc. It would have been better if it ended with T2. Same with Aliens. You don't have to keep producing dreary sequels to your best loved films, you know?

47 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The problem is there was never meant to be sequels to begin with, such was T2's finality, so everything following those first two films has been forced and clunky; actor switching; having to come up with some excuse for why the entire future wasn't fixed; attempts to account for Arnold's aging, etc. It would have been better if it ended with T2. Same with Aliens. You don't have to keep producing dreary sequels to your best loved films, you know?

somehow i don't like aliens at all. alien 1 is great. Prometheus was OK. the rest is lame. Aliens should have been the story of Sigourney checking out a lost space ship which called SOS. And HR Giger should have created completly different aliens for this one. 

Edited by Creed

1 minute ago, Creed said:

somehow i don't like aliens at all. alien 1 is great. Prometheus was OK. the rest is lame. Aliens should have been the story of Sigourney checking out a lost space ship which called SOS. And HR Giger should have created completly different aliens for this one. 

Aliens is awesome. I saw it again at the movies a few months ago however and some of the effects have aged poorly. 

Been cautiously optimistic about this film even though the trailers haven't been all that interesting. Now people who have seen it are calling it The Force Awakens of the Terminator franchise, so my interest is officially dead.

Couldn't care less about a lazy remake disguised as a sequel.

2 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Been cautiously optimistic about this film even though the trailers haven't been all that interesting. Now people who have seen it are calling it The Force Awakens of the Terminator franchise, so my interest is officially dead.

Couldn't care less about a lazy remake disguised as a sequel.

Yeah, The Force Awakens was so predictable and gave absolutely nothing new to the franchise. Terminator has to go 'Logan' ways at very least and Blade Brunner 2049 ways at very best. 

Early reviews are saying that this is actually surprisingly very, very good! More plot details leaked out and its sounding more promising now! I’m starting to get excited!

• Like 2

On 10/21/2019 at 8:23 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Early reviews are saying that this is actually surprisingly very, very good! More plot details leaked out and its sounding more promising now! I’m starting to get excited!

Dammit stop, you might cause me to see this!

1 hour ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Dammit stop, you might cause me to see this!

If it makes you feel better, more reviews are starting to come in now, and they’re getting worse and worse by the day.

7 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

@Uncle Bob are you ready for this?

I am, but I don't know what to think.

People is saying reviews are being positive.... It's 67% so far in Rotten Tomatoes... BUT... Terminator 3 is 69%, which would make you think these reviews are not that great....

But anyway, I can't trust critics anymore since Joker is a fucking 68% in that damn site

• Like 1

@Basic_GnR_Fan turns out the supposed spoilers that I read were actually false, so the movie is probably not as great as I was hoping it would be. Apologies for getting your hopes up.

Saw it tonight and it's a lot better than everything since T2 but it's nothing amazing. Definitely worth a watch though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

Saw it tonight and it's a lot better than everything since T2 but it's nothing amazing. Definitely worth a watch though.

I've been on a sequel kick this weekend. I saw Jay & Silent Bob Reboot today and there was a trailer for Dark Fate that I hadn't seen yet. Made it look much better than I thought previously. I may actually go see it in the theater now. 

I just watched it

Theyve completely ruined t1 and t2 in the first 5 minutes, I don’t even know what to say. This is by far the worst of all the terminator movies imo. too many times during the movie I was like, give me a fucking break!  I could have written a better story line.

Edited by megaguns1982