SLASH Says It Was 'Overwhelming' Playing With GUNS N' ROSES Again After More Than Two Decades Apart

In a recent interview with Guitar.com, Slash spoke about what it felt like for him to step back out on stage with GUNS N' ROSES for the first time in over two decades at the band's April 2016 concert at the Troubadour in West Hollywood, California.

"Oh man, it was overwhelming — it was so cool," Slashsaid. "Because it was a long time — we're talking more than 20 years from the last show in 1994… it was 22 years since the last time we'd played together. And obviously I'd played with [bassist] Duff [McKagan] [since then] but there's a certain dynamic in the three of us together. It was awesome, and it's a really great experience."

GUNS N' ROSES' "Not In This Lifetime" tour features classic lineup members Slash, McKagan and singer Axl Rose backed by guitarist Richard Fortus, drummer Frank Ferrer, keyboardist Dizzy Reed and second keyboardist Melissa Reese.

Both Slash and Fortus have said in recent interviews that there is material in the works for a new GUNS album, which would be the first under the band's name since 2008's "Chinese Democracy". The last collection of original music to feature Axl, Slash and McKagan was 1991's "Use Your Illusion" albums, and the last LP of any kind to feature the three was the 1993 covers set "The Spaghetti Incident?"

Last month, McKagan told satellite radio program "Trunk Nation" that he "heard some magnificent stuff that Axlhas — really cool stuff he'd been working on" for GUNS' next record. "So I'm excited about the possibilities with that, of course. I don't mean to get anybody rabid. [A new album] will happen when it happens, that's for sure."

GUNS N' ROSES' latest studio album, "Chinese Democracy", came out in 2008 and featured only Axlfrom the classic lineup.

The last album on which Rose, McKagan and Slashappeared together was 1993's covers set "The Spaghetti Incident?"

Slash released his fourth solo album and third with his band THE CONSPIRATORS, "Living The Dream", last September.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-says-it-was-overwhelming-playing-with-guns-n-roses-again-after-more-than-two-decades-apart/

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Afaik this is the 2nd time he's mistaken 93 for 94. Or maybe there was a secret show we know nothing about...

It’s actually the third time he’s mistaken 1993 for 1994, by my count. Not that it matters, though. It was all so long ago that all the years must blur for him in his memory. The fact that he was never sober back then doesn’t help, either.

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

It’s actually the third time he’s mistaken 1993 for 1994, by my count. Not that it matters, though. It was all so long ago that all the years must blur for him in his memory. The fact that he was never sober back then doesn’t help, either.

Right. The consistency is sort of intriguing though.

• Like 1