New Slash interview (Futuro FM Chile): Small tour in October, then focus on new album

I’d love to see the illusion footage cut and packaged. To me, this is just as exciting as the idea of new music. 

Sounds like nothing has really happened at all in regards to new music but at least he achnowledged the new music topic and gave the topic a positive comment in regards to doing something. 

• GNFNR 1

So Slash prefer real footages from 91 - 93 packed in a movie (or docu or DVD whatever) than a biopic with some actors. I agree, There is alot of unseen stuff, whole gigs. I hope Slash talked to with Axl and Team Brazil. I remember read somewhere that all UYI concerts were professionel filmed by a film crew. I think they can transfer the analog film material to a digital format in 1080p, like Queen live in Montreal 1981. It's possible but Axl...

Goddamn... “we’ll see if that ever happens”... “we haven’t actually done anything with it (laughs)”... so nothing to look forward to in regards to anything new. Much sadness...

But hopefully the “small tour in October” comes near KC so me n @Whiskey Rose can see them together... that will mean a lot to me if it happens, so that’s good. But why, why, why does this band have to act like writing a fucking song is harder than finding a cure for fucking cancer?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Goddamn... “we’ll see if that ever happens”... “we haven’t actually done anything with it (laughs)”... so nothing to look forward to in regards to anything new. Much sadness...

But hopefully the “small tour in October” comes near KC so me n @Whiskey Rose can see them together... that will mean a lot to me if it happens, so that’s good. But why, why, why does this band have to act like writing a fucking song is harder than finding a cure for fucking cancer?

I think they're probably more apprehensive about the recording process than anything else.  I'm being a bit of a Captian Obvious I know, that's where the animosity could crop up.

1 minute ago, lame ass security said:

I think they're probably more apprehensive about the recording process than anything else.  I'm being a bit of a Captian Obvious I know, that's where the animosity could crop up.

Or rather they don't have a timeline for recording yet, so he can't say anything specific. I'm sure they've been passing around ideas though. I'm super excited for SMKC IV too.

• Like 1

Just now, default_ said:

lol he is writting for another Conspirators record and not even a scratch on any GNR material. 

He did say in a different interview that he writes riffs for GnR and SMKC at the same time, to be fair...

just trying to be optimistic, I guess.