New Slash interview (Futuro FM Chile): Small tour in October, then focus on new album

31 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

He did say in a different interview that he writes riffs for GnR and SMKC at the same time, to be fair...

just trying to be optimistic, I guess.

He also said on this very interview they havent done anything. 

• Sad 1

The main problem with this interview is it reads like a wish list of things Slash would do if he were in charge.

Spoiler

He's not. :lol:

I would love all the 90s tour footage to be unearthed. As someone else said a double blu ray or even a Netflix type series would be awesome, it sounds like there won't be a Bohemian Rhapsody type film in the pipeline so they may as well. I think it would be of interest to people who aren't even fans just due to the nostalgia aspect.

I hope the plans to get into the studio with Guns pan out but I wouldn't be surprised to hear yet another Conspirators album before a GNR one.  

I still sort of think we will get a GNR album eventually but I'm pretty vague on what eventually looks like - I'm fairly sure Slash feels the same way. :lol:

• Like 4

Like every second of 91-94 era was more exciting than anything related to Guns moniker 94 - 2019.

There is so much shows they could release 

Rio 91 (both nights),  Inglweood 3/8/91, NYC 13/12/91...

Buenos Aires 16/7/93,  17/7/93...

Hopefully, watching this material for release puproses, Ax gets an idea how shitty this band is now compared to Iz/Gilb/Matt era.

• Like 4

In regards to Slash's comment about a "small tour in October" I have a feeling that GNR will perform at the Austin City Limits festival in October. It's one of the premiere U.S. music festivals that draws 50,000+ people for 2 weekends every year.

Edited by rockphantom
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Why are they doing this mini-tour?

Its a good question. It reminds me of the "April shows" as Izzy referred to them in 2016(15?). That April 2016 mini tour served as a feel out for booking more dates. 

Id bet they simply got some offers for when everyone was available so they will do it for the pay. But the parallel with April 2016 is at least noteworthy - are they actually gonna feel out a different lineup?

Edited by soon
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, soon said:

Its a good question. It reminds me of the "April shows" as Izzy referred to them in 2016(15?). That April 2016 mini tour served as a feel out for booking more dates. 

Id bet they simply got some offers for when everyone was available so they will do it for the pay. But the parallel with April 2016 is at least noteworthy - are they actually gonna feel out a different lineup?

Hopefully. There's nothing more I'd like to see than that! 

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, soon said:

Yeah, Dave Grohl on drums, Richie Sambora on rhythm ;)  

For real,  there will be NO new album with this line up and every time the interest faltered, Ax used the line up trick to continue touring.

It is pretty evident he will pull out the 'izzy trick', the only question is - when.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Yeah, Dave Grohl on drums, Richie Sambora on rhythm ;)  

For real,  there will be NO new album with this line up and every time the interest faltered, Ax used the line up trick to continue touring.

It is pretty evident he will pull out the 'izzy trick', the only question is - when.

While it would be awesome if Izzy returned, simply replacing Frank with Matt Sorum would be a MAJOR upgrade....

• Like 1