New Slash interview (Futuro FM Chile): Small tour in October, then focus on new album

So it is exactly as I called it😄 small tour to dust things off and then kick around some ideas in a studio somewhere.

Biggest red flag was that Slash is already working on the next SMKC songs for their next record. Where does that leave Slash contributions for the next gnr release? Who knows, but I would think that he would be fully focussed on his next gnr recordings since UYI (not counting TSI).

• Like 1

The delay is simple. Its all about taking control over there own product and the way that product is released. 

These guys have created a large amount of leverage to gain that control. 

The music industry is very different today than in the 80,90s and during the CD era. 

Its common today for artists to release  music via their own label, distribution and marketing methods with control over that process. 

The touring was to gain leverage and generate income to take control over the bands own musical product. 

UMG maybe involved but, Axl and Co, after the NITL tour are in a nice place to negotiate, with UMG looking up, not down at the band.

It could be as simple as running out the clock on a current agreement to expire. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is it just me or is the wording ‘odd’ when he talks about the GNR album which ‘they haven’t done anything with’? It almost reads that there is one in the can which needs to be dealt with? Which could be true bearing in mind how much material was ready to go before the reunion PLUS there has been ample time over the last 4 years for overdubs/rework to have happened.

24 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Is it just me or is the wording ‘odd’ when he talks about the GNR album which ‘they haven’t done anything with’? It almost reads that there is one in the can which needs to be dealt with? Which could be true bearing in mind how much material was ready to go before the reunion PLUS there has been ample time over the last 4 years for overdubs/rework to have happened.

No, you're the only one that reads it like that. :D

6 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

Is that possible that Slash said the last part of the interview to put the pression on Axl ?  like : so funny because there is no gnr album on the way but me I'm already working on my new album after 6 month I launch the last one. Guess who is lazy !!!

NO! Quiet and simple - NO!

Slash is done putting the pressure on Axl, if he wasn't you would not be watching this line up and there would be no more conspirators.

Slash is there once Ax decides he wants to do something and Slash and Duff will adjust their time.

They are glad to do somethng once he wants and to have a share, else they focus on their own projects.

They don't want to go through the same shit like last 25 years.

It is nugnr all over again, the only difference being Slash occupies the Fortus role. You'd see a few Fortus statements between tours about ''working on a new album'' which get everybody overexcited then another tour appears.

And the process repeats!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is nugnr all over again, the only difference being Slash occupies the Fortus role. You'd see a few Fortus statements between tours about ''working on a new album'' which get everybody overexcited then another tour appears.

And the process repeats!

Couldn’t agree more. But then you say this band is nuGNR v4 and everyone loses their minds. 

And unfortunately, it is.

I’ve said it before on this forum, the fact that Slash, Duff and even Dizzy have been focusing on their solo albums during the breaks admist one of the biggest reunions in music history says all you need to know. Get ready for the second round of the endless greatest hit/cash grab tour.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

The new Terminator film is out around the same time as this tour. Even before the tour was announced I was hopeful a new GNR song would appear in the movie. Now it makes more sense than ever to both parties. Not that something making sense ever means anything in the world of GNR.

Just imagine if this suposed new song is a CD leftover, Arnond getting back with an Axl crying for his papa soundtrack. Good.

5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well since Slash and Duff are both doing solo stuff I guess there's no time to get together to work on a new GNR album?

I wonder which cities GNR will tour this fall/winter?

There are rumors about the Aftershock Festival in Sacramento, which is another hard rock/metal leaning festival that takes place in October and manages to pull in some big acts like Tool, SOAD, and Ozzy. 

If they do that one, I think there's a chance they might also play the new Chase Center arena in San Francisco, which opens in September and has already been announcing a ton of big name acts to play over the following months.  

• Like 1