New Slash interview (Futuro FM Chile): Small tour in October, then focus on new album

On 8/4/2019 at 7:36 AM, kiwiguns said:

The delay is simple. Its all about taking control over there own product and the way that product is released. 

These guys have created a large amount of leverage to gain that control. 

The music industry is very different today than in the 80,90s and during the CD era. 

Its common today for artists to release  music via their own label, distribution and marketing methods with control over that process. 

The touring was to gain leverage and generate income to take control over the bands own musical product. 

UMG maybe involved but, Axl and Co, after the NITL tour are in a nice place to negotiate, with UMG looking up, not down at the band.

It could be as simple as running out the clock on a current agreement to expire. 

Those guys are tied in to the UMG agreement, there's no time limit. The time limit is when the label says we're dropping you, or the band sues to get out of their contract.

If GNR wanted out of their contract they would have done just that after the label mishandled (In Axls opinion) the Chinese release. Gnr are worth too much to a label so they aren't going to let them wait a contract out, GNR owe more records and while the label isn't over them saying "we want it by November" you better believe that if there's recordings then they want to slap the UMG label on it and put it out, and make as much money as possible off of it.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:14 PM, DieselDaisy said:

How will they spin another tour when they made a big deal on the finality of NITL one wonders?

They never indicated that it would be their final tour.  NITL ended.  If there is another tour it will be called something else.

Edited by Gnrcane
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

GNR owe more records and while the label isn't over them saying "we want it by November" 

This is one aspect I don't understand. Why haven't the label placed time constraints on the band over the years? If they are tied into a contract, don't they have an obligation to live up to their end of things, ie, releasing new music, albums etc?

Edited by Towelie

15 minutes ago, Towelie said:

This is one aspect I don't understand. Why haven't the label placed time constraints on the band over the years? If they are tied into a contract, don't they have an obligation to live up to their end of things, ie, releasing new music, albums etc?

Because in these days of shaky bankability its probably healthier to have a titan like GnR inside the tent pissing out rather than outside the tent pissing in.  Say what you will about em there's a few quid in em.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Because in these days of shaky bankability its probably healthier to have a titan like GnR inside the tent pissing out rather than outside the tent pissing in.  Say what you will about em there's a few quid in em.

What a beautiful metaphor, Len. You're like a poet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Towelie said:

In a sense they have. With the release of Greatest Hits, Live Era and AFD anniversary editions. At least the Greatest Hits was the label putting its foot down and enforcing the obligation for a new release. With the expense of recording and limited returns, being able to re-release stuff to fill the quota is maybe even ideal from a certain perspective. Guns last contractual release was last year and it seems the band members had minimal involvement with it.

They offered Axl a million dollar bonus to finish CD, after this they must realize that he's a unique case!

Edited by soon

2 minutes ago, soon said:

In a sense they have. With the release of Greatest Hits, Live Era and AFD anniversary editions. At least the Greatest Hits was the label putting its foot down and enforcing the obligation for a new release. With the expense of recording and limited returns, being able to re-release stuff to fill the quota is maybe even ideal from a certain perspective. Guns last contractual release was last year and it seems the band members had minimal involvement with it.

They offered Axl a million dollar bonus to finish CD, after this they must realize that he's a unique case!

Good point. And they probably made a boatload more $$ from GH than they ever did from CD. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Carne_asaDA said:

I am gonna say it.......FUCK SMKC!!!! KILL THAT SHIT ALREADY.

THANK YOU. I used to love SMKC but after seeing Slash and Axl perform together, Slash and Myles is really boring to me. 

4 hours ago, Kickingthehabit said:

Shadow of Your Love is a complete re-recording. Axl's vocals too. 

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9-press-x

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Eloquently put old boy! 

5 hours ago, Towelie said:

They have no power over Axl, and they know that. If they try and force him they know he will kick up a stink and go to court rather than give something he doesn't want to. Axl would probably prefer to lose millions of his own money than to let someone or something get the better of him.

4 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

I believe they're already doing something for the new album but with axl you'll never know, so slash prefers to say that there's nothing done :)

This is what I'm hoping for as well.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 7:05 PM, megaguns1982 said:

I’ll guarantee that Netflix will pay top dollar for like a 4 part doco on the illusions your... they should do this.

id hate to see that footage condensed into 2 hours, it needs to be at least 4 hours.

F that 4 hours? Netflix could make a 6 part series with 12 episodes each outa that footage

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 1:14 PM, DieselDaisy said:

How will they spin another tour when they made a big deal on the finality of NITL one wonders?

To paraphrase the Rock: "Where in the bloody blue hell did you get that from?"

They never said that this would be the end of touring nor the band. It was the end of NITL tour. That's all. 

• Like 1

On 11/04/2019 at 5:08 AM, PopcornAdler said:

F that 4 hours? Netflix could make a 6 part series with 12 episodes each outa that footage

They could... that would be cool, but I doubt we’ll get more than a 2 hour doco if we get anything at all. 

At this point, anyone interested needs to outlive axl and wait for TB to open the vault to further line there pockets.

Edited by megaguns1982

Of all the Slash interviews, this one was probably the most negative.  There is now more shows and new material for SMKC.  And they're gonna sorta try to focus on a Guns record.

hmmmm....  Last time he spoke he sounds more optimistic that they were going to focus on the album after he was finished touring.

On 9.4.2019 at 5:52 PM, Kickingthehabit said:

I don't doubt for a second that they are actively working on a new album. Shadow of Your Love is a complete re-recording. Axl's vocals too. 

No. I doubt that even a single thing is re-recorded. Seriously, the recording sounds just like a polished Appetite song.

• Like 1