New Slash interview (Futuro FM Chile): Small tour in October, then focus on new album

2 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

This. Seriously how can you possibly think that’s current Axl singing.

That little noise he makes before the solo is very similar to the ones he has recently added to the leads in songs like Civil War and Slither..  It is something that he seemed to start doing more recently and I don't ever recall him doing that in the old versions of SOYL. Was just something I noticed nit sure it proves anything one way or the other.  And though Axl's voice has aged and deteriorated, I am pretty confident he could sound like classic Axl in the studio. 

Again, I don't know what all was touched up or re-recorded but I can't listen to that track and say it is a demo from 1986 or whenever.

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2

What's the chances of Slash heading out on tour again after October small tour has been & gone? He can't seem to settle long before touring or recording again. Hope Guns can jump in the studio get an album out in next 12-18 months although fall of this year is a long shot...it would awesome. 

2 hours ago, Rusty69 said:

If the rumors are correct they could play Austin one weekend the festival in Tennessee the other. I would guess at least one show in the middle of the week?

I'm thinking Slash likes to play live.  Weekends on the GNR stage, weekdays in the studio.  Slash could be a happy camper.  Hide out in the Nashville area where there are lots of studios.

9 hours ago, Rusty69 said:

Possible but, based on the economics of the band and slash saying “tour” wouldn’t it make sense to play at least one different city in the southeast if they are indeed playing these festivals?

Festivals, I would assume, means GNR doesn't have to bring all their shit and a full crew.  You add in cities and they have to bump it up.  Slash said small tour.

On 13/04/2019 at 5:23 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Ozzy has cancelled all touring for 2019. He's been sick with pneumonia and it's taken a real toll on his health.

He'll be back in 2020, so any concert dates for Ozzy are off!

If GNR comes back to Dallas, I will always see them.

Love to see a new dvd with footage from the reunion tour. 

I doubt ozzys voice will be around by then. Ive seen some of the shows and he should have hung it up during the last sabbath shows in 2016. Gone out with the band that started his career. Why sharon wheels him out ive got no idea. Pity jake e lee isnt part of the farewell. My fave ozzy era guitarist.

I'm inclined to believe Shadow has a new guitar track based on it having a new intro and solo that otherwise doesn't appear on any of the versions  (demo, live, or final cut) recorded originally and is how Slash played it in 2018. Seems strange to me that that version of the intro and solo were never played in any fashion before the Locked and Loaded set version. 

9 hours ago, Stro said:

I'm inclined to believe Shadow has a new guitar track based on it having a new intro and solo that otherwise doesn't appear on any of the versions  (demo, live, or final cut) recorded originally and is how Slash played it in 2018. Seems strange to me that that version of the intro and solo were never played in any fashion before the Locked and Loaded set version. 

The reason why they play it the way they do live is because that was the version that was recently released as a single. It was an unused demo cut, hence why it was unheard and why they didn't play it that way live before.

The only reason it was released as a single is because it was the only unheard thing on the boxset that was over a minute long and not an instrumental.

If it was newly recorded, you can bet they would have promoted it as such and milked it for all it was worth. Hell, they might have even saved it for the new album.

Edited by Azifwekare

5 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

The reason why they play it the way they do live is because that was the version that was recently released as a single. It was an unused demo cut, hence why it was unheard and why they didn't play it that way live before.

The only reason it was released as a single is because it was the only unheard thing on the boxset that was over a minute long and not an instrumental.

If it was newly recorded, you can bet they would have promoted it as such and milked it for all it was worth. Hell, they might have even saved it for the new album.

Maybe. It was promoted as a "new" song, though.