Punk Interview with Duff and more

25 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

Johnny Rotten really is a perfect model of what happens when you behave the same at 60 as you did at 20. It’s not so endearing.

...except it was. What else would you expect? It was nice how much he seemed like Duff. 

This, at least Duff isn't make ridicoulous.

22 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

What's Rotten's opinion of GnR in general? I think he mentioned Guns in his book but can't recall.

Found this

JL: They certainly do. Look at Guns N' Roses - about the most they can do is give some silly comments against black people and gays, which is all just desperately looking for something to be radical about. They're just spoiled, white, middle-class youths playing very, very tiresome, old-fashioned rock n' roll. And looking like Hawkwind roadies! If being a cliché was a crime, all these bands would be in jail right now. Come back the music police - and I don't mean the band!

:lol:

--

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Henry Rollins? Here is what he said:

The doors opened, some people straggled in. The longhairs with the attitude hit the stage and their fans, all 50 of them, were up front. The singer said their first record would be out soon and started playing. Joe and I stood with the crowd and watched what sounded like the Sex Pistols incinerating Aerosmith. It was pretty damn good -- great, actually. Joe asked me what I thought. I said they were going to be big, judging from the A&R men fluttering around the soundboard. The band was called Guns N' Roses.

• Like 1

JL: They certainly do. Look at Guns N' Roses - about the most they can do is give some silly comments against black people and gays, which is all just desperately looking for something to be radical about. They're just spoiled, white, middle-class youths playing very, very tiresome, old-fashioned rock n' roll. And looking like Hawkwind roadies! If being a cliché was a crime, all these bands would be in jail right now. Come back the music police - and I don't mean the band!

ONE JOHNNY LYDON!

THERE'S ONLY ONE JOHNNY LYDON!

ONE JOHNNY LYYYYYYYYDON!

THERE'S ONLY ONE JOHNNY LYDON!

:D

Duff features a fair bit in the third episode of the documentary, there's actually a pic of him playing drums REALLY young for some hardcore band.

Edited by Len Cnut

16 hours ago, cc4rhu said:

Can't see this posted anywhere.  Johnny Rotten behaves like a complete dick but the rest are totally cool.

Johnny is more punk than anyone on that stage. Referring to him as a “dick” is a compliment. Duff sold out with his “punk as fuck” merchandise and his Tenderness abomination. 99% go soft and sell out during old age but Johnny Rotten will always be Johnny Rotten. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Johnny is more punk than anyone on that stage. Referring to him as a “dick” is a compliment. Duff sold out with his “punk as fuck” merchandise and his Tenderness abomination. 99% go soft and sell out during old age but Johnny Rotten will always be Johnny Rotten. 

Lydon looks like Shane MacGowan from the Pogues in that still from the vid. 😄