Brian Johnson will tour with AC/D.C. again

AFD5

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Which is a good thing, obviously, because it means to me as a GN’R fan that Axl will save his time, energy, and vocal chords for his own goddamn band...

I mean, it’s not like we’re sick of them always releasing all these albums every two years or anything...

Yeah, we saw how he saved his energy between the several tours...

Edited by Sosso

22 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I was initially hoping for Simon when Phil got into trouble, but ultimately I was happy they went with Slade. I had hopes that Simon would mean one or two obscure mid-80's songs would be revisted, but seeing as they couldn't even pull out Moneytalks with Slade (And let's face it - Axl would've been perfect for that one), I don't see any mid-80's songs coming back even with Simon. Slade is my favorite AC/DC drummer, so I'm hoping he's still on the tour.

I mean Rock Or Bust wasn't really a massive tour either; about 80 gigs in 18 months. Half of the dates on the Black Ice tour in roughly the same amount of time.

As huge an AC/DC fan as I am...I am hesitant about seeing them with Brian again. I haven't been impressed with the few performances he's done since this all happened, and my last gig I saw with Brian was my favorite gig I've seen with him fronting. I'd rather have that be my last memory of him fronting AC/DC than a shadow of his former self. Not to mention it'll be particularly hard to stomach going back to the hour and 45 minute shows they do with Brian after the nearly three hour gigs with Axl. 

"mid-80's songs would be revisted, but seeing as they couldn't even pull out Moneytalks with Slade " . How come slade couldnt do that song?.

33 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

"mid-80's songs would be revisted, but seeing as they couldn't even pull out Moneytalks with Slade " . How come slade couldnt do that song?.

I'm not saying it's Slade's fault, I just think it's crazy that even with him back in the band, and even when the band was doing 25 song sets with Axl, the only song they did from his tenure still was Thunderstruck.

On 20.4.2019 at 2:38 PM, Powerage5 said:

I'm not saying it's Slade's fault, I just think it's crazy that even with him back in the band, and even when the band was doing 25 song sets with Axl, the only song they did from his tenure still was Thunderstruck.

AC/DC became a greatest hits band, which means that they ignore almost every album from the POST-BIB era. They have added Touch Too Much and Riff Raff, but those songs were on the same albums as the other songs from the setlist. 

Edited by Sosso

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I remember money talks as a single from the razors edge, so interesting they havnt done it. Maybe axl convinced angus to keep to the majority of the songs to bon era. I think is axls favourite era.

3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I remember money talks as a single from the razors edge, so interesting they havnt done it. Maybe axl convinced angus to keep to the majority of the songs to bon era. I think is axls favourite era.

Which is a bit ironic, as I thought the early Brian songs were the ones he did best.