Blackstar

Mick Ronson's daughter about meeting Axl with her dad

Mick Ronson was a hugely underrated guitarist. The riffs he came up with were iconic and escalated Bowie's songwriting prowess to a whole different level. 

Rest in power

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Axl don't have the voice for em.  Bowie songs I mean.  And I'd've put money on him and Slash not knowing White Light/White Heat.  Shame Stevo left when he did because he definitely knew it, he covered it in The Professionals.

19 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Axl don't have the voice for em.  Bowie songs I mean.  And I'd've put money on him and Slash not knowing White Light/White Heat.  Shame Stevo left when he did because he definitely knew it, he covered it in The Professionals.

You're wrong! *puts you in headlock*

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

You're wrong! *puts you in headlock*

:lol:

What, about Axl not having the voice?  I'm not saying he's a shit singer, he's clearly a fantastic singer with more than enough in the way of vocal registers and such, he's just very...large, very grand, its not really what Bowie songs need, in the same way its not what Sympathy for the Devil needed. 

Edited by Len Cnut

He could do one of the ballad-y songs, Rock N' Roll Suicide for example.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

:lol:

What, about Axl not having the voice?  I'm not saying he's a shit singer, he's clearly a fantastic singer with more than enough in the way of vocal registers and such, he's just very...large, very grand, its not really what Bowie songs need, in the same way its not what Sympathy for the Devil needed. 

I dunno, I can imagine him doing a darker more ominous and intense 'Ashes to Ashes' or a raspy 'Life On Mars'

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

He could do one of the ballad-y songs, Rock N' Roll Suicide for example.

I wish Axl would do some more softer songs in the way of Patience or the beginning of Dead Horse.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ObsessionofVanity said:

Is there life on...MAAAAARRRRR-EEEEEE-YAAAARRR-EEEYAAAARRRSSSSSS?

🤣😂

I'm reminded of this :lol:

• Haha 2

On 2019-04-14 at 8:58 AM, Dean said:

Mick Ronson was a hugely underrated guitarist. The riffs he came up with were iconic and escalated Bowie's songwriting prowess to a whole different level. 

Rest in power

Fucking great guitar player! Great tone, great attack.... 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2019 at 3:56 PM, lame ass security said:

That would be cool, there are a few I would like to hear.

I could imagine Axl doing a cool version of Rebel Rebel with his normal register singing voice

I stuck on the soundtrack to Ziggy last night and then the Santa Monica 72 gig that was released on vinyl a few years ago. Ronsons backing vocals along with his guitar playing are such a huge part of that "Ziggy" sound. 

Axl has (or used to have) many voices, I think he could find one that fits. Lyrics is another question. Bowie's lyrics are a tad too weird for Axl to pull off, I think. Nonetheless, would like to hear that... but not Rebel Rebel or others that everyone covers. I'm thinking more of something like 5 Years (one of my favs).

On 4/23/2019 at 5:02 PM, Gaanzer said:

Ashes to ashes would have been interesting with his 90's "You ain't the first / Bad Obsession voice. 👌

Good call, that would be cool.