The Mandalorian (Star Wars TV show)

luciusfunk

16 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Could be Ashoka's apprentice.  Just my gut feeling.  Ashoka should be around 40 or 50 right?

Yeah, Ahsoka was born 33 BBY. And Mandalorian begins in 9 ABY. So she'd be 42.

What if its Sabine Wren?? She'd be early 30's and could be played by Sasha Banks - they already have the same hair colour even!

Shes a Mando. She is last seen (according to me, a padawans, knowledge at least) On a mission searching for Ezra after the Battle of Jakku.

She might be a perfect go between for the mandos and jedi after their unpleasant history.

23 minutes ago, soon said:

Yeah, Ahsoka was born 33 BBY. And Mandalorian begins in 9 ABY. So she'd be 42.

What if its Sabine Wren?? She'd be early 30's and could be played by Sasha Banks - they already have the same hair colour even!

Shes a Mando. She is last seen (according to me, a padawans, knowledge at least) On a mission searching for Ezra after the Battle of Jakku.

She might be a perfect go between for the mandos and jedi after their unpleasant history.

Yeah plus Sabine went on that mission (to find Ezra) alongside Ahsoka, who we know is supposed to show up in this show too, somewhere (along with Bo Katan, Rex, and Boba Fett).

If the hooded Sasha Banks character is anyone we already know, I bet it’s Sabine.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah plus Sabine went on that mission (to find Ezra) alongside Ahsoka, who we know is supposed to show up in this show too, somewhere (along with Bo Katan, Rex, and Boba Fett).

If the hooded Sasha Banks character is anyone we already know, I bet it’s Sabine.

I meant to say with Ahsoka. Dang it, I thought Id made my first reasonably insightful Star Wars theory. So close! lol

I dont know if Id heard that Rex is expected. Very cool! I cant remember where we left off with him. Off to Wookiepedia

Is it safe to say this will be the most substantial crossover from animated to live action Star Wars? I guess even counting the Boa Fett cartoon short.

3 hours ago, soon said:

I meant to say with Ahsoka. Dang it, I thought Id made my first reasonably insightful Star Wars theory. So close! lol

I dont know if Id heard that Rex is expected. Very cool! I cant remember where we left off with him. Off to Wookiepedia

Is it safe to say this will be the most substantial crossover from animated to live action Star Wars? I guess even counting the Boa Fett cartoon short.

I think Rex was still with the rebel alliance during the events of Return of the Jedi.

yeah this is the most that the animated characters have crossed over into live-action, so far!

• Like 1

Okay, listening to podcast and they point out that there is no more Jedis other than Luke at the end of ROTJ.

Im confused. lol

Does it not seem more than clear that Armorers telling Mando to take Baby Yoda to the Jedi? Or is she speaking specifically to Yodas race?

10 hours ago, soon said:

Okay, listening to podcast and they point out that there is no more Jedis other than Luke at the end of ROTJ.

Im confused. lol

Does it not seem more than clear that Armorers telling Mando to take Baby Yoda to the Jedi? Or is she speaking specifically to Yodas race?

I’m guessing Armor Lady didn’t know exactly how many jedi were still out there in the galaxy and was basically telling Mando to try to find either Jedi(s) and/or Yoda’s race.

The ending of Rebels showed that Ahsoka is still alive after RotJ, but she technically doesn’t consider herself to be a Jedi anymore. Also, Ezra is lost out in the unknown regions (and was probably already pronounced dead, by the time RotJ takes place). 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I’m guessing Armor Lady didn’t know exactly how many jedi were still out there in the galaxy and was basically telling Mando to try to find either Jedi(s) and/or Yoda’s race.

Right, good point. She probably doesnt know.

Which is maybe one of those in-universe things that doesnt always make sense to me - there doesnt seem to be any galactic news media. Like the fact that the people who led the fight to take down the Empire, the Jedi's, having been almost wiped out during the wars seems like something everyone would know about. But youre right, in Universe that doesnt usually seem to be the case.

(Which begs the question: how does one foment a galactic rebellion without news coverage of the Galactic senate and the militarism of the Empire?)

15 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

The ending of Rebels showed that Ahsoka is still alive after RotJ, but she technically doesn’t consider herself to be a Jedi anymore. Also, Ezra is lost out in the unknown regions (and was probably already pronounced dead, by the time RotJ takes place). 

Oh, so the theory that Ahsoka and Sabine would still be together and searching for Ezra kinda falls flat there. Hmm.

I know my theories are so silly and uninformed next to almost all other fans, but like, I guess the obvious Jedi to see would be the only one left... Luke?? :wow:

Thats got to be out of the realm of possibility though!

57 minutes ago, soon said:

Right, good point. She probably doesnt know.

Which is maybe one of those in-universe things that doesnt always make sense to me - there doesnt seem to be any galactic news media. Like the fact that the people who led the fight to take down the Empire, the Jedi's, having been almost wiped out during the wars seems like something everyone would know about. But youre right, in Universe that doesnt usually seem to be the case.

(Which begs the question: how does one foment a galactic rebellion without news coverage of the Galactic senate and the militarism of the Empire?)

Oh, so the theory that Ahsoka and Sabine would still be together and searching for Ezra kinda falls flat there. Hmm.

I know my theories are so silly and uninformed next to almost all other fans, but like, I guess the obvious Jedi to see would be the only one left... Luke?? :wow:

Thats got to be out of the realm of possibility though!

Lol maybe we’ll meet a young Luke played by Sebastian Stan (he kinda looks like Mark Hamill). You never know!

And yeah I don’t get how the communication system works either. That always confused me too.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • GNFNR 1

On 9/21/2020 at 12:00 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Lol maybe we’ll meet a young Luke played by Sebastian Stan (he kinda looks like Mark Hamill). You never know!

And yeah I don’t get how the communication system works either. That always confused me too.

Man, now Im set on seeing a young sexy Luke! lol Would be neat for him and Ahsoka to talk about Anakin.

About the communication, all we know for sure is that there is "in Universe propaganda shows" such as the original Clone Wars series, haha

Sidenote, Ive been listening to a podcast called Star Wars Oxygen where a musician and a music enthusiast who both love the Wars explore the music of John Williams. Maybe youd already known of it, but its perfect for the musicians who love star wars. Also, they discuss how the music relates to narrative and know you write novels too. Just thought Id mention it.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

They could just have Mark Hamill play Luke and have him look like he did on Crait right? Maybe he was older there. It'd still be cool. Wont happen, though

That’d be cool, but I’m not sure if hamill would be willing to get into that kinda shape again.

19 minutes ago, soon said:

Man, now Im set on seeing a young sexy Luke! lol Would be neat for him and Ahsoka to talk about Anakin.

About the communication, all we know for sure is that there is "in Universe propaganda shows" such as the original Clone Wars series, haha

Sidenote, Ive been listening to a podcast called Star Wars Oxygen where a musician and a music enthusiast who both love the Wars explore the music of John Williams. Maybe youd already known of it, but its perfect for the musicians who love star wars. Also, they discuss how the music relates to narrative and know you write novels too. Just thought Id mention it.

Thanks, I’ll check it out!

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 10:21 AM, ZoSoRose said:

They could just have Mark Hamill play Luke and have him look like he did on Crait right? Maybe he was older there. It'd still be cool. Wont happen, though

They have the technology to do age regression with actors today (I believe they did it with Robert DiNero recently) and it looks pretty convincing.  If they do this it could save the sad assassination of Luke's character in the sequel trilogy.  It could also open the door for Hayden Christianson to come back and have some father/son time.  #notmyluke

2 hours ago, Swampfox said:

They have the technology to do age regression with actors today (I believe they did it with Robert DiNero recently) and it looks pretty convincing.  If they do this it could save the sad assassination of Luke's character in the sequel trilogy.  It could also open the door for Hayden Christianson to come back and have some father/son time.  #notmyluke

I am one of the few that liked Luke in the sequels but I am definitely not opposed to see him at his peak before shit hits the fan! That would be awesome 

• Like 1

I'm not sure I'd like that. The reason I liked this show is precisely because it didn't have all of this baggage from the films. It was good to see a spaghetti western thing set in the ''general'' Star Wars  environment without wankers from the films showing up, or Darth Mauls with robotic legs and other such retconned nonsense. There was a simplicity and clarity to The Mandalorian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not sure I'd like that. The reason I liked this show is precisely because it didn't have all of this baggage from the films. It was good to see a spaghetti western thing set in the ''general'' Star Wars  environment without wankers from the films showing up, or Darth Mauls with robotic legs and other such retconned nonsense. There was a simplicity and clarity to The Mandalorian

Simplicity and clarity is a good way to describe Mando so far. Being in universe but with no known characters went better this go around then it did in the Ewoks films! lol

Im not sure if people who dont watch Clone Wars and Rebels would have known that Maul had survived. But hes well established in those stories. And, incidentally lived on Mandalore, allied with a Mandalorian gang, and did battle with a second group of Mandalorians. I cant remember if its canon or not but Obi Wan eventually killed him. So he might figure in the Obi Wan series too.

And really, being opposed to people surviving falls into pits as a Star Wars fan is like enjoying GNR but not guitar solos :lol:

Actually, a famous pit faller is heavily rumored to be in Mando season 2!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It's subtle to casual fans of Star Wars but to hardcore fans there's Easter eggs sprinkled in every episode.  They did a cool documentary on season 1 and more or less explain how everything you see was taken from the original trilogy.  It's looking to me like this season will be all about connecting the last season of Clone Wars to the six Lucas films.  Not sure if that's the direction you want to see but that's where it looks to be headed.  If Kathleen Kennedy keeps her nose out of it the show should be just as good as last season.

1 hour ago, soon said:

Simplicity and clarity is a good way to describe Mando so far. Being in universe but with no known characters went better this go around then it did in the Ewoks films! lol

Im not sure if people who dont watch Clone Wars and Rebels would have known that Maul had survived. But hes well established in those stories. And, incidentally lived on Mandalore, allied with a Mandalorian gang, and did battle with a second group of Mandalorians. I cant remember if its canon or not but Obi Wan eventually killed him. So he might figure in the Obi Wan series too.

And really, being opposed to people surviving falls into pits as a Star Wars fan is like enjoying GNR but not guitar solos :lol:

Actually, a famous pit faller is heavily rumored to be in Mando season 2!

Yeah Obi-Wan kills Maul in the Rebels cartoon show, which is canon and takes place just a few years before the original trilogy. It’s implied in that show that Kenobi and Maul haven’t seen each other in a very long time, and it took Maul forever to find out he was on Tatooine.

The new live-action Kenobi show takes place seven years after Revenge of the Sith, so I doubt Maul will show up. You never know, though! Maybe Kenobi leaves Tattooine at one point and runs into Maul somewhere. Maybe Vader too!

If I had to guess though, the Kenobi show will probably focus more on other aspects of his life.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah Obi-Wan kills Maul in the Rebels cartoon show, which is canon and takes place just a few years before the original trilogy. It’s implied in that show that Kenobi and Maul haven’t seen each other in a very long time, and it took Maul forever to find out he was on Tatooine.

The new live-action Kenobi show takes place seven years after Revenge of the Sith, so I doubt Maul will show up. You never know, though! Maybe Kenobi leaves Tattooine at one point and runs into Maul somewhere. Maybe Vader too!

If I had to guess though, the Kenobi show will probably focus more on other aspects of his life.

Right on, thanks! I started Rebels and wasnt so into it. Then I watched Ahsoka episodes. And now Im racing through it to be caught up, especially if it will impact Mando so much. And Im enjoying it. Thought Id seen Maul killed in a comic. So much to learn!

An Obi-Wan and Vader dual wouldnt bother me one bit! :headbang:But a series about other parts of his life would be cool too!

McGregors out there saying hes more excited for his series then he was for 2 and 3! lol

43 minutes ago, soon said:

Right on, thanks! I started Rebels and wasnt so into it. Then I watched Ahsoka episodes. And now Im racing through it to be caught up, especially if it will impact Mando so much. And Im enjoying it. Thought Id seen Maul killed in a comic. So much to learn!

An Obi-Wan and Vader dual wouldnt bother me one bit! :headbang:But a series about other parts of his life would be cool too!

McGregors out there saying hes more excited for his series then he was for 2 and 3! lol

Yeah the comic version of Maul getting killed is from the old continuity that’s now called the “Legends” universe.

i used to not like Rebels but it’s grown on me a lot recently (I’ve been catching up on it as well)! I might even like it better than The Clone Wars now!

• Like 1