New Slash interview: New album hasn't started yet

Another new Slash interview with some details on new album

He says band will tour in late September/October and that they will "start focusing on that in earnest".

He also says: “I wouldn’t say we’ve really sat down and had those sessions yet.” when asked if they had started writing together.

FULL INTERVIEW: https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/slash-talks-guns-n-roses-16120823

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Another new Slash interview with some details on new album

He says band will tour in late September/October and that they will "start focusing on that in earnest".

He also says: “I wouldn’t say we’ve really sat down and had those sessions yet.” when asked if they had started writing together.

FULL INTERVIEW: https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/slash-talks-guns-n-roses-16120823

A bit odd to say “I wouldn’t say we’ve really sat down and had those sessions yet.” - hardly a definitive ‘we have literally done nothing’. And anyway, with the CD-era tunes in play, it’s not like they are starting from scratch either.

Edited by DTJ80

24 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

A bit odd to say “I wouldn’t say we’ve really sat down and had those sessions yet.” - hardly a definitive ‘we have literally done nothing’. And anyway, with the CD-era tunes in play, it’s not like they are starting from scratch either.

I thought this was strange too, it makes you wonder if they have put some non-recording work into a new album

• Like 1

I don't think wed have gotten another NuGNR album, anyways, so I'm glad they did the reunion thing. 2016 was awesome.

Now, it isnt special anymore. They're another nostalgia band touring their limited discography. Maybe they'll do one more like Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, etc. Maybe they won't. They don't care

I'll see them with less enthusiasm when they come to my city for a fun night out. Who cares.

Oh well. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I don't think wed have gotten another NuGNR album, anyways, so I'm glad they did the reunion thing. 2016 was awesome.

Now, it isnt special anymore. They're another nostalgia band touring their limited discography. Maybe they'll do one more like Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, etc. Maybe they won't. They don't care

I'll see them with less enthusiasm when they come to my city for a fun night out. Who cares.

Oh well. 

The momentum is over, Ive seen them countless times only during NITL and in the last one I was already bored as fuck.

I dont think they'll be able to push the nostalgia trip on this level much more, GNR doesnt have the catalog to be on nostalgia trips, other bands have a gazillion of records, Guns N Roses have two albuns and a EP lol. Eventually even the casuals will get tired.

It is funny, the nostalgia thing could work havent Slash and Duff returned cause there was still a element of mistery in the air, but now its all old news.

I still come to this forum everyday because I like the community lol

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

The reunion was 10 years past any commercial viability or shot at relevancy as far as a record goes. An ‘06, ‘07’, ‘08 return while VR winding down and public interest swirling, they could have launched themselves into the Zeppelin stratosphere. But they’re firmly entrenched as a high 3rd tier low 2nd tier all time great band.

Another wasted opportunity. Should’ve released an album during the NITL tour. Now Axl will wait 5 years to quietly release material he wrote 25 years ago with Slash and Duff pasting parts over it and hardly anyone will know about it. Grab Axl a sleeping bag and a pillow, he’s resting SO HARD on those laurels! I really don’t understand anyone getting excited to watch an overweight and out of breath Axl perform that same exhausting set list again. Release something new or hang it up, hoss! Your schtick is wearing thin!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, default_ said:

The momentum is over, Ive seen them countless times only during NITL and in the last one I was already bored as fuck.

I dont think they'll be able to push the nostalgia trip on this level much more, GNR doesnt have the catalog to be on nostalgia trips, other bands have a gazillion of records, Guns N Roses have two albuns and a EP lol. Eventually even the casuals will get tired.

It is funny, the nostalgia thing could work havent Slash and Duff returned cause there was still a element of mistery in the air, but now its all old news.

I still come to this forum everyday because I like the community lol

If the band want to keep playing stadiums its a new album or bust. I personally think axls voice has 5 years at best no way 10. My biggest fear is for smkc to release a new album and tour before guns does.

13 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

This is NuGuns with Slash and Duff.

It's worse. At least NuGuns had one album to their name. This band don't even have that.

1 hour ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Another wasted opportunity. Should’ve released an album during the NITL tour. Now Axl will wait 5 years to quietly release material he wrote 25 years ago with Slash and Duff pasting parts over it and hardly anyone will know about it. Grab Axl a sleeping bag and a pillow, he’s resting SO HARD on those laurels! I really don’t understand anyone getting excited to watch an overweight and out of breath Axl perform that same exhausting set list again. Release something new or hang it up, hoss! Your schtick is wearing thin!

The schtick has been wearing thin for years already. And Axl has been sounding like shit since 2012.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 3

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I see Rose as effectively a legacy act, and Slash's first band is the conspirators. It makes more sense when you understand that, doesn't it?

Yeah, the Conspirators have been far more interesting than GNR for a while now.

They actually operate like a band and do things like album/tour cycles etc, unlike the corporate entity that is 2019 GNR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Yeah, the Conspirators have been far more interesting than GNR for a while now.

They actually operate like a band and do things like album/tour cycles etc, unlike the corporate entity that is 2019 GNR.

Conspirators for music Guns for cash.

• Like 1