New Slash interview: New album hasn't started yet

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Conspirators for music Guns for cash.

Even if they did do a new record, what's it gonna consist of? Slash copying and pasting solos over songs that didn't make the cut on Chinese? 

It's not going to be the sound of a genuine band, creating music together as a collaborative effort, like Appetite or UYI or SMKC. It's going to be riffs and ideas collated from the past twenty years from dozens of paid employees, excruciatingly laboured over by  a megalomaniac who won't be able to pull off his vocals live because his parts were recorded 15-20yrs ago (ala Chinese Democracy). 

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

How so? Because they were original members? That has nothing to do with it when you consider that Axl is, was and will continue to be the one who holds up release of any new GN'R material.

I've said this a lot recently and it's just plain true: nothing has changed but the names. The band continues to do business exactly the same as they have since 2002. They tour extensively and never mention a new album while doing so. Then during the downtime, members of the band tour for their various solo projects and say something along the lines of "we'll get together to look at a new album on XXXX date".

I don't understand how Slash & Duff saying and doing the exact same thing as Richard & Dizzy is any different. 

Yes but in 2002 you heard things about trilogies and could delude yourself that Rose was this ''mad Brian Wilson genius'' and not the new Billy Joel. 

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes but in 2002 you heard things about trilogies and could delude yourself that Rose was this ''mad Brian Wilson genius'' and not the new Billy Joel. 

:lol:

Well, back then Axl was the one claiming things about trilogies. Ever since then, he hasn't said much if anything about the prospect of new material. I do believe he was "looking very seriously in that regard" once though lol. All I'm saying is that since 2002, we've had the same pattern. When GN'R isn't touring and a member has something to promote, they mention that GN'R should be working on a new album soon. It doesn't matter much to me who it is that's making the claim (Richard, Slash, Dizzy, Duff, etc) because the result is always the same. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

:lol:

Well, back then Axl was the one claiming things about trilogies. Ever since then, he hasn't said much if anything about the prospect of new material. I do believe he was "looking very seriously in that regard" once though lol. All I'm saying is that since 2002, we've had the same pattern. When GN'R isn't touring and a member has something to promote, they mention that GN'R should be working on a new album soon. It doesn't matter much to me who it is that's making the claim (Richard, Slash, Dizzy, Duff, etc) because the result is always the same. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

But I recall more by Rose in person from the period approximately 1999-2006. There was the rs interview and that live thing where he said we'd get a load of b-sides. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
Deleted ''live''.

You people really crack me up...it's been 32 fuckin years and most of you learned - nothing!

'I still have hopes....maybe while Slash was away with Myles...maybe...maybe...'.

Slash is the driving force of this band.  Fortus is fuckin 0 and NOBODY outside his family is interested in anything he, Frank or Melissa have to offer.

Slash and Duff go out of Axl's way and will avoid any confrotations that are likely to rise over the weather, gas prices, parking lot...anything.

They are happy to have made peace and play stadiums again - period.  Slash still has PTSP from the first chapter with Axl and will not go into any confrotation period.

You think he likes playing with Fortus, Frank  and Melli or he would replace them with Iz/Gilby/Matt?

Same goes for new music. He will not push Ax, he can release new music with conspirators anyway.

What can change, and only this, Ax realizes he needs to pull out the same old line up trick again, Iz comes back and Iz, Slash, Duff stitch an albu in like no time.  Perhaps rework the iconic '96 album and Ax lays down the vox.

Other than that - FORGET IT.

Edited by shotsfired cro
  • Like 4

As bad as u critics are I hate to think what u are gonna say when the new album drops 

all this hate for the band what in the hell are u here for anyways 

Axls voice is toast but I still want s record and we are gonna get 1 - let’s hope with the time off he has seeked help and is near 100 percent 

A lot things have to happen 

Who the fuck is gonna be the drummer?  

Who us gonna produce the album 

A single album or a double album 

Can Axl sing or they gonna take his vox from Cd sessions 

• Like 1

So there was supposed to be Chinese Democracy 2 (Which Fortus did a lot of work on) but the label refused to hear it after the fail of Chinese Democracy commercially. So yeah they could re-record those songs and have Axl sing on one  or two of Slash and Duffs and there is a record.

49 minutes ago, Billly B said:

So there was supposed to be Chinese Democracy 2 (Which Fortus did a lot of work on) but the label refused to hear it after the fail of Chinese Democracy commercially. So yeah they could re-record those songs and have Axl sing on one  or two of Slash and Duffs and there is a record.

What?  Where is that info from?  Does that seem rational to you?  The record company "refused to hear" CD2?  I hope for your sake that you just made that up as opposed to someone else made that up and you are repeating it because it sounds plausible to you.

What does everyone think of a new song maybe for terminator dark fate?

on one hand it would be a great way for some exposure but at the same time the producers of the movie wouldn’t want it to overshadow the movie, which it could.

Edited by megaguns1982

5 hours ago, El Guapo said:

None of us knows anything.

What's to know? They are the most predictable, dull band on the planet. If you can guarantee one thing, it's more touring of the same old songs and no new material.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 4