Copyright Strikes....

10 minutes ago, Jim Powers said:

Was this the only video taken down? Anything else get hit that you had up?  These aren't bad actually since they are zero strikes.

Not yet. But the interesting thing is, this is a video i’ve had unlisted (private) for a while. Would be pretty hard for the average YouTube user to find without having a direct link.

1 hour ago, Axl_morris said:

Strange I'd had the same video removed... Wonder if they are going to release something??

Screenshot_20190423-151344.jpg

It depends who is doing the striking, whether it is REAL GNR people or the same people who have been doing it for what feels like ages now, don't know how to tell the difference 

5 hours ago, Tyler Drama said:

Ugh.

v6j9k3.jpg

I got the same thing this morning, also on an unlisted video with a mere 84 views. Any idea how to get more details? I can't even find a way to dispute it or find out who submitted the complaint.

18 hours ago, Jim Powers said:

I would like to know the email addresses that are sending the takedown notices from anyone in the group. Mine of which the idiot hit 52 videos was webber1972@gmail.com. Claimed to be with IFPILondon. The dude is in the United Kingdom or somewhere in Europe. Videos mostly were blocked in the US already.

Who sent the email?  Was it a takedown notice with copyright strike or legal takedown with no strike.

YouTube said it was a legal complaint and on review they’ve blocked it from every country on earth haha

suspiciously it was a day after my YouTube premium account was canceled 

I'm starting to think this does not have anything to do with GNR, but with a growing restriction on internet liberties.

the internet provides infinte freedom of speech and expression, and obviously "they" want to do something about that

and you know what? I dont care. the internet is a curse. they could shut it down completely for all I care. we survived pretty well before the internet, and times were much more fun than they are now, for an infinite amount of reasons

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

How can they get to your private video ? They shouldn't have been able to see it

The only place it was ever posted (and analytics verifies that) was once on this forum almost 3 years ago.

It must have been flagged by YouTube's content ID system, though I don't see how you could claim authorship of a live performance (with 2 different sources mixed too).

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have my doubts about that as people here know, however at a very minimum it is the band permitting it as they were made aware of not only the removals but the threats.

I think the very minimum would be more along the line of not caring about it.

I’m starting to believe that this is related to some kind of official release announcement. This last takedowns look official and have been happening all over the world, not just on this forum. I know people from Argentina that taped both days of the 2016 shows, and got all their videos taken down within hours. And also people have said here that PRIVATE videos have been also deleted. So that can’t be Walk*r and his clown army manually reporting the videos. It has to be automatic.

I think that this time the takedowns are being ordered by Gn’R or the label or whatever. They look official. It’s the same that happened prior to the AFD Remastered announcement. And for the record, I’m talking out of my ass here. I have no way to prove this.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, scottish nutter said:

i was always under the impression anything filmed live by someone was owned by the person that recorded?

Not legally, it is the artist's material legally and permission to record the performance is needed to legally record it.  But most of the time nothing is ever done about fan's recordings as long as they are not being sold for profit. This situation is something else entirely, as far as I can tell.  These recordings have been out there for years, in some cases, while the band is aware of the takedowns, I do not feel it was done at their direction. 😖

• Thanks 1