Copyright Strikes....

On 29-5-2019 at 5:46 AM, Jim Powers said:

Any brand new news on Guns N Roses takedowns?  I guess they have blocked or taken down most of the concert video from 2016 ans 2017 at this point. My channel is still down youtube never even gave me a response on my counternotification. I guess no news means we dont accept your counternotification and your channel stays down. Dicks!!

What about calling them, didn't you buy a bundle to call them overseas, also saying the rather pick up the phone than responding to emails/
I think @sidman69 won a dispute with the IFPI last week and it took at least a month for YT to decide that!!!

On 6/2/2019 at 12:10 PM, FRANSAD said:

What about calling them, didn't you buy a bundle to call them overseas, also saying the rather pick up the phone than responding to emails/
I think @sidman69 won a dispute with the IFPI last week and it took at least a month for YT to decide that!!!

yeah it also helps to have friends at youtube....

You have friends at youtube? I'm looking to get my channel backup Youtube has never responded to my counter notification one way or the other. I would gladly delete all my guns n roses videos if someone could reinstate my channel which was Jim Powers. Youtube accepted my counter notification and then submitted to the email who took down the videos but never got a response back and my channel remains in suspended/termination status. This after being on youtube with that channel since 2011.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This might explain the takedowns and who is behind it.  Says to me youtube and Universal are putting money into to this and want that back, plus more by being the only ones who are playing the videos for these songs.  I would want GNR videos if I were them.  Maybe this is the new MTV and artist will be encouraged to make more music videos.  That could be a plus.  I loved MTV when it was MTV.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8516717/youtube-universal-remaster-iconic-music-videos-lady-gaga-tom-petty

Iconic music videos from Lady Gaga, Beastie Boys, Janet Jackson and more are getting an upgrade, thanks to a new partnership between YouTube Music and Universal Music Group. 

The two music giants are teaming up to painstakingly remaster more than 1,000 music videos, spanning multiple decades, in the highest available video and audio quality. "Great music videos are works of art that continue to drive cultural influence across generations," reads an announcement on YouTube's blog. "And just like priceless paintings or sculptures in museums, from time to time they need some TLC."

Around 100 of those refreshed visuals became available Wednesday (June 19), including the music videos for Tom Petty’s 1989 "Free Fallin,’" Beastie Boys' 1994 "Sabotage "and Gaga's 2009 "Bad Romance."  

READ MORE
The 100 Greatest Music Videos of the 21st Century: Critics' Picks
YouTube will add more titles to the platform each week over the next year, distinguished by the #Remastered hashtag, with the goal to have all 1,000 titles available by the end of 2020. The new titles will seamlessly replace the old ones, while retaining the same URL, view counts and number of likes.

“It’s really an honor to partner with Universal Music Group and change the way fans around the globe will experience viewing some of the most classic and iconic videos. The quality is truly stunning,” shared Stephen Bryan, global head of label relations at YouTube. “It's our goal to ensure that today's music videos -- true works of art -- meet the high quality standards that artists' works deserve and today's music fans expect.”

Also included in the effort? Billy Idol, Boyz II Men, George Strait, Kiss, Lady Antebellum, Lionel Richie, Maroon 5, Meat Loaf, No Doubt/Gwen Stefani, Smokey Robinson and The Killers.

We’re excited to partner with YouTube to present these iconic music videos in the highest audio and video quality possible," added Michael Nash, executive vp of digital strategy at UMG. "Our recording artists and video directors imbued these videos with so much creativity; it’s great to enable the full experience of their vision and music. These videos not only look amazing on any screen now, they will be enjoyed by music fans for decades to come.”

thats all well and good but i'm sure Youtube and UMG are not on a mission to ban GNR fans from twitter for posting a 14 second "yesterdays" video. 

neither do i think YT and UMG are behind the recent racist attacks on fans.

there is far more to this takedown stuff than what the big online giants are doing and it needs to stop. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, cineater said:

This might explain the takedowns and who is behind it.  Says to me youtube and Universal are putting money into to this and want that back, plus more by being the only ones who are playing the videos for these songs.  I would want GNR videos if I were them.  Maybe this is the new MTV and artist will be encouraged to make more music videos.  That could be a plus.  I loved MTV when it was MTV.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8516717/youtube-universal-remaster-iconic-music-videos-lady-gaga-tom-petty

Iconic music videos from Lady Gaga, Beastie Boys, Janet Jackson and more are getting an upgrade, thanks to a new partnership between YouTube Music and Universal Music Group. 

The two music giants are teaming up to painstakingly remaster more than 1,000 music videos, spanning multiple decades, in the highest available video and audio quality. "Great music videos are works of art that continue to drive cultural influence across generations," reads an announcement on YouTube's blog. "And just like priceless paintings or sculptures in museums, from time to time they need some TLC."

Around 100 of those refreshed visuals became available Wednesday (June 19), including the music videos for Tom Petty’s 1989 "Free Fallin,’" Beastie Boys' 1994 "Sabotage "and Gaga's 2009 "Bad Romance."  

READ MORE
YouTube will add more titles to the platform each week over the next year, distinguished by the #Remastered hashtag, with the goal to have all 1,000 titles available by the end of 2020. The new titles will seamlessly replace the old ones, while retaining the same URL, view counts and number of likes.

“It’s really an honor to partner with Universal Music Group and change the way fans around the globe will experience viewing some of the most classic and iconic videos. The quality is truly stunning,” shared Stephen Bryan, global head of label relations at YouTube. “It's our goal to ensure that today's music videos -- true works of art -- meet the high quality standards that artists' works deserve and today's music fans expect.”

Also included in the effort? Billy Idol, Boyz II Men, George Strait, Kiss, Lady Antebellum, Lionel Richie, Maroon 5, Meat Loaf, No Doubt/Gwen Stefani, Smokey Robinson and The Killers.

We’re excited to partner with YouTube to present these iconic music videos in the highest audio and video quality possible," added Michael Nash, executive vp of digital strategy at UMG. "Our recording artists and video directors imbued these videos with so much creativity; it’s great to enable the full experience of their vision and music. These videos not only look amazing on any screen now, they will be enjoyed by music fans for decades to come.”

Decided to watch a remastered lady gaga video from my smartphone, looks like a cheap upscaling, I cleary remember when her 2009 hits were released (look like it was yesterday, time flies) and I swear they had better quality when they were shown on tv

8 minutes ago, donny said:

thats all well and good but i'm sure Youtube and UMG are not on a mission to ban GNR fans from twitter for posting a 14 second "yesterdays" video. 

neither do i think YT and UMG are behind the recent racist attacks on fans.

there is far more to this takedown stuff than what the big online giants are doing and it needs to stop. 

I was going to post everything you just said. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, donny said:

you know about the racism stuff then ? 

I've heard some things, yeah. It's been a pretty hectic week for me with no signs of slowing until at least Tuesday of next week. But I've seen / heard some things, yeah. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cineater said:

Yeah, cos out of everything that is in desperate need of a remaster, Bad Romance is definitely at the top of the list. It's good to see Universal have their priorities straight.

4 hours ago, donny said:

you know about the racism stuff then ? 

Spill the deets, gimme the gossip

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That racism stuff made my blood boil. We know who it is, we know why they're doing it......cowards and bullies hiding behind their keyboards and bagel shop counters preaching 'liberal values' while indulging in the most vile racism simply because they can get away with it. 

It's barely worth mentioning, as it gives them the oxygen they need to keep going. I wish we could name them though and show what they've done so it's out in the open and others know to treat them like the disease they are rather than be naively fooled by them. 

Pathetic people, who at some point will hopefully feel the full brunt of the law. 

Did you see it on Nightrain

I have seen the threads on Nightrain - that have been deleted! A few weeks ago a racist meme was posted, on Nightrain, in an obvious attack at another member. We all can guess who posted it. 

No action was taken by the Mods other than to delete the thread. 

Various members made complaints and still no action was taken. 2 days ago a thread was started called, 'Nightrain Against Racism' to let other members know what happened and gain support. The thread was pulled pretty quick. No explanation given. 

It seems that this Mofo clicks his fingers and the Mods dance to his beat. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Pathetic people, who at some point will hopefully feel the full brunt of the law. 

They need to feel the brunt of something, that's for sure. Disgusting and pathetic.

Imagine your life being so meaningless that you resort to doing things like that for attention.

16 hours ago, cineater said:

READ MORE

You know who is doing it - and you are his supporter. 

In fact, if anyone cares to look at his homepage (the forum where a fictional character spreads the 'truth' about GNR), they will see you writing all over his little message board.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Even I'm long bored of Warchild. The copyright things are annoying admittedly 

Yeah, most people are.

Unfortunately though, there are (female) members on other forum who know nothing about his history, who are believing his stories about being a nocturnal, Aquarius, reclusive, edgy musician from Malibu.

Because of this, they are prone to attacking other members on his instruction, and harassing the podcasters at his request, because they think they are going to be rewarded eventually.