Copyright Strikes....

Del was listed as tour manager in the NITL tour program, but it's unknown what he does exactly. He is around when the band rehearses before a tour leg. Maybe he takes care of the gathering and transportation of the gear, etc. Maybe he also is in charge of taking care of the accommodation, booking hotels and so on.

My understanding is that Angie Warner is the connection with Live Nation, i.e. she isn't a "personal" tour manager.

• Like 1

Just to be clear, my problem with Del remains that he insulted the people who had their families threatened by people claiming they work on behalf of GNR. Then he continued to share bootleg videos of other artists on his own social media feed. 

I don't care what he actually does for the band. Any way you cut what he did, it's a dick move. 

• Like 3

These guys, Del, Fernando, Beta, etc don't do actual work. You seriously think they put together NITL? Live Nation has a team behind it all. The rest are hangers ons with minimal input. Fernando acts as Axl's guy. Hes a representative 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

"don't do any actually work"?? 

HOW. DARE. YOU. 

I'm not trying to be a dick, but let me just ask you this: when have YOU attending a 3 hour meeting? Furthermore, when have you EVER "looked very seriously in that regard"?? 

Sorry man. We're cool and all, but I can't put up with you saying they don't do any work! 

I think my favorite thing about the 3 hour meeting quote is how he threw the "3 hours" in there like it was a big deal and a huge sacrifice on his part. MANY of us on here have had to attend meetings way longer than that. I have to go to an all day one once a month.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Live Nation put a Tour Manager on every tour they promote.  That person will (amongst other things) manage the relationship between band and venue, in close association with the Tour Accountant.

The promoter will agree venue hire fee and the inclusive services that fee includes.  The Tour Manager will be involved with the overall 'settlement' - the exchange between venue and promoter.

If the venue has an in house ticketing platform, they will have sold a certain allocation of the house.  This will be paid over to promoter - minus venue hire, collection royalties, and any additional services agreed on the rider (additional backstage security, additional confetti clean up etc etc).

This settlement is typically done after the main act as taken to the stage and both parties are satisfied the concert is happening.  It is signed there and then (on the understanding there may be some dilapidations or overrun penalties) then paid the following working day.

Indoor venues typically take all of the bar, a percentage of the merchandise sales and charge a hire fee.  If they sell their own tickets, the venue takes the booking fees.  Live Nation take the face value of the tickets minus the associated costs, and pay the bands guarantee out of that.

All of the above is handled by Live Nation and the venue.

Del James role as 'tour manager' will be from inside the GNR camp, and not the actual Live Nation tour.  He is likely acting as a PA for the artist, liaising with Angie from Live Nation to facilitate the artist requests.

The band will likely request a cash advance each time they arrive at a destination.  This is generally spending money for the artist and to pay their own people (outside of the Live Nation payroll).  This can cover sightseeing, masseuses - basically anything the band want to spend cash on.

Rather than carrying a huge amount of cash on tour, Live Nation will likely arrange with each venue to cash waiting on arrival.  It's likely Del collects this from Live Nation and uses it for whatever Axl, band and TB deem necessary.

Edited by Pele
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think my favorite thing about the 3 hour meeting quote is how he threw the "3 hours" in there like it was a big deal and a huge sacrifice on his part. MANY of us on here have had to attend meetings way longer than that. I have to go to an all day one once a month.

it's more like when you're working with a summer student and the student tags along to get "real experience". I've heard from someone close to the band that TB has tried to get rid of Del in the past but he's one of the few people from the old days whose still close to Axl. 

Edited by sidman69

33 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

it's more like when you're working with a summer student and the student tags along to get "real experience". I've heard from someone close to the band that TB has tried to get rid of Del in the past but he's one of the few people from the old days whose still close to Axl. 

I think that Axl would prefer get ride TB , but never get ride Del. Great difference is that Del meet Axl when Axl was nobody.

16 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

TB was the worst thing to happen to Axl Rose. It seems like a completely unhealthy and symbiotic relationship. Del James also sucks

Didn't Beta tell Axl in 2011 that if he hired another manager she would leave and that was how the Team Brazil management started? There are also roumors from the stolen emails about Beta being fired but getting the work again around that time

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

On second thought, I have seen Beta "work" before. At the Ford Field show I saw her screaming at Jarmo at the barrier. That must have been a great effort

I've also seen her work before, she came to the stage before the show started and kept waving to the crowd in Madrid '17. That must have been a great effort. She didn't do that in Madrid '18, I guess she was busy working on social media posting photos of crew members covering their mouths and noses due to the bad smell (a water pipe broke nearby the festival, it smelled bad, but it wasn't THAT bad)

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Del was listed as tour manager in the NITL tour program, but it's unknown what he does exactly. He is around when the band rehearses before a tour leg. Maybe he takes care of the gathering and transportation of the gear, etc. Maybe he also is in charge of taking care of the accommodation, booking hotels and so on.

My understanding is that Angie Warner is the connection with Live Nation, i.e. she isn't a "personal" tour manager.

Correct blackstar. Shes a tour manager for live nation. Remember the award she got and fernando posted that the tour was a team effort which came across as him trying to belittle her award which git him abused on twitter. And rightfully so.

Posted this on Nightrain:

I was one of the last ones to eventually change my profile pic (this was a Against racism picture lots of us used there to sympathize with a user who was attacked and made fun of with some very sick racist picture - done by mojo. After a few weeks everyone changed it back and I was a bit late). As a result: 2 hrs ago all my live videos I shot during GN’R shows the last two years got deleted from my Instagram account. Live videos I shot for the GN’R family. No personal gain at all. Clearly handpicked out of all of my posts. Even the ones which were edited and started without sound and with a photo, so no bot work. Seen these personal “attacks” before and apparently I was next. Only thing I’ve done in the last few months that could have possibly been a reason for someone to report my videos and was the fact that i changed my profile pic.

• Sad 4

14 minutes ago, remcognr said:

I was one of the last ones to eventually change my profile pic (this was a Against racism picture lots of us used there to sympathize with a user who was attacked and made fun of with some very sick racist picture - done by mojo. After a few weeks everyone changed it back and I was a bit late). As a result: 2 hrs ago all my live videos I shot during GN’R shows the last two years got deleted from my Instagram account. Live videos I shot for the GN’R family. No personal gain at all. Clearly handpicked out of all of my posts. Even the ones which were edited and started without sound and with a photo, so no bot work. Seen these personal “attacks” before and apparently I was next. Only thing I’ve done in the last few months that could have possibly been a reason for someone to report my videos and was the fact that i changed my profile pic.

I saw it was wondering wtf happened...sorry to hear that. 😖

1 hour ago, remcognr said:

Damn what a bunch of wussies these couple of online personalities are.  Having no life outside of the online GNR fandom so they try to make everyone else miserable under the guise of "cleansing the internet of unauthorized GNR recordings"  and alter egos

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

It sucks I used to be on that forum but not anymore because I got tired of not being able to talk freely and I am not renewing my nightrain. I used to be  in that camp but not anymore. @remcognr was your instagram private? All my social media accounts are 

No public. Entirely dedicated to GN’R:

www.instagram.com/remcognr 

It's absolutely bonkers that in 2019 you can create some of the most extreme racism material I've seen in a long time, and not even be banned from an internet forum for it. 

it wouldn't happen here, or on HTGTH. So why is it allowed there? I wonder if, as it's a paid membership, and access to the forum forms a paid of that payment, there is something around that? Having said that, there are usually T and Cs, and if creating racist images doesn't breach them, I'd be amazed. 

• Like 1