Copyright Strikes....

10 hours ago, donny said:

isn't one or both of Slash's sons on the forums ? 

add to that the bands manager uses this forum on the rare occasion and a fan has communicated with Del on the matter i would say its impossible for the big 3 not to know.

the question is whether they give a shit or not. 

I forwarded that topic to jarmo. He didn't really understand what was going on nor very interested in it. 

On 5/7/2019 at 10:24 AM, Sydney Fan said:

Im surprised gibbo no one has communicated this to axl via twitter just to see what would happen and if he would respond. This is one sure way of tarnishing the gnr brand and i mean brand not band. Because with the endless touring and putting their name to aeroplanes its now becomming a brand first and foremost.

If you communicate it to Axl via twitter, I highly doubt he would answer, same for slash, only duff has a minimun chance for answering. What's the other solution? Waiting for Slash/Duff after his solo shows and telling them? No, in 1 or 2 minutes that you would be able to talk with them they would only become confused. What I propose if you want the band to know about it? Giving a letter to Duff/Slash after a show, with screenshots and proofs, but not too long, just telling them "hey, we're having some trouble in the fanbase with some people acting in the name of the band when they are not related, everything is explained here, read it when you have time", they will most likely not read it, but if they do chances for getting the problem solved would increase

Edited by fanfzero

On 7/1/2019 at 4:24 AM, Gibbo said:

That's right. It's all Slash's fault.

20190701-125259.jpg

On 7/2/2019 at 1:03 AM, fanfzero said:

Well, he deleted hob videos and lots of 2002 videos (incluiding boston 2002 sbd multicam), so he is really incoherent

Yup, and a load of 2006 and those 2007 IEM videos from Japan.

17 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Between this and Duff's recent comments I'm really not so excited about GnR and their new dates anymore. Would rather have more SMKC dates.

I just want GNR's gig at the Limelight, which was removed from YouTube due to the copyright takedowns, lol. Been looking for ages. I'm over this current tour.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fanfzero said:

If you communicate it to Axl via twitter, I highly doubt he would answer, same for slash, only duff has a minimun chance for answering. What's the other solution? Waiting for Slash/Duff after his solo shows and telling them? No, in 1 or 2 minutes that you would be able to talk with them they would only become confused. What I propose if you want the band to know about it? Giving a letter to Duff/Slash after a show, with screenshots and proofs, but not too long, just telling them "hey, we're having some trouble in the fanbase with some people acting in the name of the band when they are not related, everything is explained here, read it when you have time", they will most likely not read it, but if they do chances for getting the problem solved would increase

People could try hitting up Dizzy, Richard Fortus, Frank, etc.

I'm following a youtube channel called "Vin and Sori "who's doing reactions to all kinds of songs in the rock genre. They've done several GN'R songs in the past, and have hundred upon hundreds of different songs from all kinds of bands.

I've just now noticed that all their GN'R videos have been removed. As far as I can tell, no other bands' videos have been touched.

This is just hurting the band, whatever the ones doing the removals are thinking, it is having the opposite effect. In people's minds the band appears really stuck-up compared to all the rest.

Scroll down and pay attention to the playlist lacking a thumbnail:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_BpU8kTmJjHPJUG8o53lmw/playlists

Edited by Spirit
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Spirit said:

I'm following a youtube channel called "Vin and Sori "who's doing reactions to all kinds of songs in the rock genre. They've done several GN'R songs in the past, and have hundred upon hundreds of different songs from all kinds of bands.

I've just now noticed that all their GN'R videos have been removed. As far as I can tell, no other bands' videos have been touched.

This is just hurting the band, whatever the ones doing the removals are thinking, it is having the opposite effect. In people's minds the band appears really stuck-up compared to all the rest.

Scroll down and pay attention to the playlist lacking a thumbnail:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_BpU8kTmJjHPJUG8o53lmw/playlists

YouTube and major labels are still battling videos like that out. The crux of it is that the band prob won’t take much of a stance when this stuff gets brought up. It’s a rights issue that’s focused on licensing fees. Lawyers, labels and management take care of those issues. 

The focus should be on harassment or attacks that may be associated to their circle. If you want them to pay attention keep hitting them with that message 

5 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

YouTube and major labels are still battling videos like that out. The crux of it is that the band prob won’t take much of a stance when this stuff gets brought up. It’s a rights issue that’s focused on licensing fees. Lawyers, labels and management take care of those issues. 

The focus should be on harassment or attacks that may be associated to their circle. If you want them to pay attention keep hitting them with that message 

Yeah, I'm not saying the band is directly involved in any way here, but whoever is doing the takedowns (on their behalf) is really doing them a disservice. Funny thing is that the couple doing the reaction videos here were praising the band, it's good promotion.

When one looks at all the videos for this particular channel, one can see that GN'R is the odd one out. Several artists on the same label as Guns have their videos untouched.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Yeah, I'm not saying the band is directly involved in any way here, but whoever is doing the takedowns (on their behalf) is really doing them a disservice. Funny thing is that the couple doing the reaction videos here were praising the band, it's good promotion.

When one looks at all the videos for this particular channel, one can see that GN'R is the odd one out. Several artists on the same label as Guns have their videos untouched.

Disservice on a relevancy/marketing front for sure. Although touring and their comeback is at forefront of that engine.  Monetarily UMG is prob affected the most. It’s an interesting time for rights on that front. Labels want more $ to keep the gravy train running 

I think it’s just impossible to get takedowns on their personal radar. The moment it gets brought up they prob turn off. It’s music biz bs that honestly they see none of the benefits. Not compared to their reunion tour guaranteed fees. 

Say people are getting attacked in their community and then the radar goes infinitely up 

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Disservice on a relevancy/marketing front for sure. Although touring and their comeback is at forefront of that engine.  Monetarily UMG is prob affected the most. It’s an interesting time for rights on that front. Labels want more $ to keep the gravy train running 

I'm just curious, if a person on youtube are using licensed music in their video, isn't there a trigger within the system which will direct money from ads to that particular video to the artist/label?

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

I'm convinced now that it's nothing more than a few (maybe even two) individuals doing it from a combination of spite, the desire to say "I have something no one else has access to because I'm a bigger fan" and some sort of self-imposed feeling of worth as in their pathetic worlds it gives them sort of status. I genuinely don't think there's anything more to it that that. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'm convinced now that it's nothing more than a few (maybe even two) individuals doing it from a combination of spite, the desire to say "I have something no one else has access to because I'm a bigger fan" and some sort of self-imposed feeling of worth as in their pathetic worlds it gives them sort of status. I genuinely don't think there's anything more to it that that. 

If so, it's quite amazing they haven't been shut down at this point. Lunatics.

Just now, Spirit said:

If so, it's quite amazing they haven't been shut down at this point. Lunatics.

I don't think there's anyone to shut them down. There doesn't seem to be anything stopping anyone who can be bothered making claims. They're the equivalent of the unpopular kid at school who buys up all the football cards from the local shop so no other kid can buy them to make themselves feel special. Anyone could do that, but 99.9 per cent of people don't have lives pathetic enough that they want to. 

It really is extraordinary behaviour from grown adults, but we're dealing with very peculiar, very sad individuals with nothing in their lives. In a lot of ways I pity them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spirit said:

indeed, in Internet era is very crazy.

2 hours ago, Spirit said:

I'm just curious, if a person on youtube are using licensed music in their video, isn't there a trigger within the system which will direct money from ads to that particular video to the artist/label?

Yes, however labels now want more. 

26 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I don't think there's anyone to shut them down. There doesn't seem to be anything stopping anyone who can be bothered making claims. They're the equivalent of the unpopular kid at school who buys up all the football cards from the local shop so no other kid can buy them to make themselves feel special. Anyone could do that, but 99.9 per cent of people don't have lives pathetic enough that they want to. 

It really is extraordinary behaviour from grown adults, but we're dealing with very peculiar, very sad individuals with nothing in their lives. In a lot of ways I pity them. 

Claims are valid regardless if the uploader doesn’t have the rights to distribute. I don’t think it matter who makes the claim. That’s more on YouTube’s end. All it takes is one person on the inside to uphold the claim.

Until UMG/GNR comes in and says we want that content available that seems to be protocol. The thing is those parties won’t be coming forward to allow that for bootleg concerts and demos.

There’s a lot of gray area there. My thoughts is that it’s always been available in the past due to Google’s size and strength. However rights holders are now pushing back and we’re seeing the result of a tolerance policy across the board. Anything that isn’t officially uploaded can possibly be reported 

Edited by guitarpatch

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Over the past few pages, I saw where people have asked how to let the band members know about this. 

To be clear, this (including the threatening of families) was brought to the attention of TB. In addition, Del James made it clear he knows about the situation. 

TBs reaction so far has been to do exactly nothing. Del James on the other hand chose make fun of the situation and condemn fans for sharing bootlegs. Then not long after that, Del chose to share a YouTube link to bootleg footage of a different band on his social media. 

So for those asking: the people closest to the band are well aware of this. They chose to do nothing about it. 

Have they told the actual members themselves though? I bet, even though TB knows, they haven't told Axl. Slash and Duff themselves may not be aware of the situation. And based on what's been said earlier it seems that TB has endorsed all of the YouTube takedown stuff? That's my understanding so far.

I'm glad I saw this band as many times as I have (in the different incarnations) because I will not be seeing them again anytime soon.

I am so sick of everything they have become.

Bootlegs, harassment, overpriced tickets, and a singer who sounds terrible eveytime he opens his mouth.

Hate it or love it, I honestly do not give a shit.

Let me know when something cool happens, or some Chinese material leaks!

See ya'll in 'Anything Goes'.

:lol:

Edited by F*ck Fear
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1