Copyright Strikes....

Don't you guys feel lucky to have had the chance to download so many gigs of old bootlegs, vids and misc Gn'R stuff  before this new era arrived? For sure I always imagined it wouldn't last long in an ever more controlled and policed internet space. I'm just happy I've got my 'precious' :lol:

11 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Axl & a Native American came to me in a dream Saturday night, they beckoned me to follow them into a desert. I slowly walked behind them thinking it was a trifle unnecessary to see the crack in Axls arse, but followed with caution and listened as Axl and the Indian discussed how much more comfortable the Indian felt in Axls white shorts.

A crow passed overhead and I overheard the Indian say “Slash” amidst the rest of his native tounge, which Axl spoke fluently it seemed. Axl responded by shouting “Nein” and kicking the old Indian in the shins repeatedly.   

We walked on for at least 8 minutes and Axl lit a cigarette, I asked if I could have one and he passed me a cigarette, stuck on a bic pen, I pulled this ridiculous thing off and Axl lit a match off the cheek of his ass and passed it to me after he had lit his pen. 

I asked Axl where we were going, he said not to ask questions, as there was no one around to sign an NDA. The Indian did however point towards the horizon and said “over there” in accented English. Thus spake the super guru....

We walked another 7 minutes and a figure appeared, hazy with the heat in the distance. Seemed like they had their hand on their hip. As we got closer I could see a blue shirt, black leather pants, brown boots and sunglasses. It was Fernando. He ran up and jumped into Axls arms. “Is he here” Axl asked, yes, around the corner replied Fernando...

We’re in a fucking desert, what corner Fernando, I think to myself, when along comes Keith Richards, McBob and Melissa.

Richards and the Indian crack a joke about Axls ass and then McBob says it’s ready. 

It appears Mellisa is some form of port key and once her hair is touched by Richards, suddenly this space/time continuum thing gets fucked and I’m vaulted forward into a room with Jim Morrison, Axl & The Indian.

Jim is having a toke, I gladly accept his herb, as it beats Axls bic pen cigarettes. Immediately Morrison brings up the Izzy\Reunion conversation, Axl looks bored. It seems they have had this discussion before. The Indian looks at me and rolls his eyes.

Morrison and the Indian start to speak in whispered tones, a dialect Axl appeared unfamiliar with. Frequently glancing at me and Axl. Axl sat quitely, took out a scrap of paper, wrote something down with his smoke, put the paper back in his pocket and stared out the window into the desert. 

Morrison and the Indian appeared to have concluded their conversation, and then the Indian stood up. 

If you cook them, they will come. The Indian said solemnly. Axl looked at Morrison with tears in his eyes.

“It’s true” Morrison says, “The Indian speaks the true word brother” 

Axl just sat repeating “if you cook them, they will come” over and over. He looked distraught. What does it mean he asked me over and over.  

“Fucked if know, probably something to do with Taco Bell” I reply...

I’ve had enough of this nonsense. 

I stood up, shook hands with Morrison thanked him for his refreshment, said “Toksa” to the Indian.

Told Axl to get the fuck out of these stoner weight watchers meetings he had dragged me to and into the studio. 

I got a taxi home.

Fuck the desert.  

A true peyote opus my friend.😄

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

What pisses me off is that I'm SO against piracy. I don't own one illegally downloaded album, I buy everything I like to support artists, and it actually angers me when people claim to "love music" then don't feel thy should have to pay a penny for it. That they'll spend more on a cup of coffee than they will an incredible work of art that a musician has put years of their life and money into. That angers me hugely. I loathe music piracy, and feel it has a terrible impact on the industry in so many ways. I couldn't be a bigger advocate for the value of music. 

BUT 

I am also a huge, huge fan of music, and go to great lengths to hear what I can. If something is not there to purchase, in any way, shape or form, but exists, of course I'm going to be interested and fascinated to hear it. That interest doesn't come at the expense of anything - if an official release comes out, I'll be first in line to buy it. I'd welcome it. I'm not talking about artistically damaging leaks, obtained via serious illegal activity here (such as theft or hacking of personal property) either.  

Then I get these complete arsewipes (who are seemingly happy to indulge in illegal activity to get what they want) taking some moral highground, lecturing people such as myself on 'copyright' etc, whilst filling their own pockets with whatever they can, impersonating band members, threatening peoples families, etc etc. While telling the world what 'big fans' they are. Yeah, right. Tommy Stinson would punch them in the jaw if he could. 

Difficult not to be pissed off really, with the hypocrisy and the bullshit of it all. 

RE: piracy - obviously it's wrong, but can ironically help the artist in a way... I've lost count of the amount of artists where because I had free access to the music, listening to music I wouldn't otherwise have had access to and loving what I heard, in turn made me a genuine fan who would actually go on to buy albums, tickets, merch etc. If I was limited to listening to music legally, I would be limited to buying music I already knew or the odd single here and there I heard on the radio. I've always treated free downloading as a 'try before you buy' type thing - of course that's not necessarily true for everyone that does it, but still...

But I 100% agree with your point. This whole takedown business reeks of bullshit. This is the same guy who actually leaked stuff himself, after all. Just an attention seeking twat.

Edited by Azifwekare

1 minute ago, Azifwekare said:

RE: piracy - obviously it's wrong, but can ironically help the artist in a way... I've lost count of the amount of artists where because I had free acess to the music, listening to music I wouldn't otherwise have had acess to and loving what I heard, in turn made me a genuine fan who would actually go on to buy albums, tickets, merch etc. If I was limited to listening to music legally, I would be limited to buying music I already knew or the odd single here and there I heard on the radio. I've always treated free downloading as a 'try before you buy' type thing - of course that's not necessarily true for everyone that does it, but still...

But I 100% agree with your point. This whole takedown business reeks of bullshit. This is the same guy who actually leaked stuff himself, after all. Just an attention seeking twat.

Fair point - I mean I'll check something out on youtube or similar to see if I like it if someone gives me a name they think I'd like,  before I buy it of course. Makes sense. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

@Gambit83had a tweet removed and all he did was quote Get In The Ring.

What a sad, sad existence for these two losers. Your life amounts to absolutely nothing more than being known for trolling the GNR community. 

Congratulations, I guess? 

I shared a 9-year-old GITR lyric video from YouTube. Why would that get flagged?

1 hour ago, Gambit83 said:

I shared a 9-year-old GITR lyric video from YouTube. Why would that get flagged?

See my original post lol. Two people who's looking lives are so sad that they have nothing better to do then troll the GNR community continue to attack you for no reason. 

• Like 1

On 6.3.2019 at 7:16 AM, Powderfinger said:

Axl & a Native American came to me in a dream Saturday night, they beckoned me to follow them into a desert. I slowly walked behind them thinking it was a trifle unnecessary to see the crack in Axls arse, but followed with caution and listened as Axl and the Indian discussed how much more comfortable the Indian felt in Axls white shorts.

A crow passed overhead and I overheard the Indian say “Slash” amidst the rest of his native tounge, which Axl spoke fluently it seemed. Axl responded by shouting “Nein” and kicking the old Indian in the shins repeatedly.   

We walked on for at least 8 minutes and Axl lit a cigarette, I asked if I could have one and he passed me a cigarette, stuck on a bic pen, I pulled this ridiculous thing off and Axl lit a match off the cheek of his ass and passed it to me after he had lit his pen. 

I asked Axl where we were going, he said not to ask questions, as there was no one around to sign an NDA. The Indian did however point towards the horizon and said “over there” in accented English. Thus spake the super guru....

We walked another 7 minutes and a figure appeared, hazy with the heat in the distance. Seemed like they had their hand on their hip. As we got closer I could see a blue shirt, black leather pants, brown boots and sunglasses. It was Fernando. He ran up and jumped into Axls arms. “Is he here” Axl asked, yes, around the corner replied Fernando...

We’re in a fucking desert, what corner Fernando, I think to myself, when along comes Keith Richards, McBob and Melissa.

Richards and the Indian crack a joke about Axls ass and then McBob says it’s ready. 

It appears Mellisa is some form of port key and once her hair is touched by Richards, suddenly this space/time continuum thing gets fucked and I’m vaulted forward into a room with Jim Morrison, Axl & The Indian.

Jim is having a toke, I gladly accept his herb, as it beats Axls bic pen cigarettes. Immediately Morrison brings up the Izzy\Reunion conversation, Axl looks bored. It seems they have had this discussion before. The Indian looks at me and rolls his eyes.

Morrison and the Indian start to speak in whispered tones, a dialect Axl appeared unfamiliar with. Frequently glancing at me and Axl. Axl sat quitely, took out a scrap of paper, wrote something down with his smoke, put the paper back in his pocket and stared out the window into the desert. 

Morrison and the Indian appeared to have concluded their conversation, and then the Indian stood up. 

If you cook them, they will come. The Indian said solemnly. Axl looked at Morrison with tears in his eyes.

“It’s true” Morrison says, “The Indian speaks the true word brother” 

Axl just sat repeating “if you cook them, they will come” over and over. He looked distraught. What does it mean he asked me over and over.  

“Fucked if know, probably something to do with Taco Bell” I reply...

I’ve had enough of this nonsense. 

I stood up, shook hands with Morrison thanked him for his refreshment, said “Toksa” to the Indian.

Told Axl to get the fuck out of these stoner weight watchers meetings he had dragged me to and into the studio. 

I got a taxi home.

Fuck the desert.  

I came here to ask all you guys opinion on some gnr pics of Marc Canter and Jack Lue taken down from Getty Images. After reading this I feel like I smoked a ton of weed or something. lmao :rofl-lol:

What exactly is it you're discussing here? 

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I came here to ask all you guys opinion on some gnr pics of Marc Canter and Jack Lue taken down from Getty Images. After reading this I feel like I smoked a ton of weed or something. lmao :rofl-lol:

What exactly is it you're discussing here? 

It's continuation of these discussions... no need to go trough the whole 3 threads from beginning to the end, but reading the first posts (and listening that podcast on the first tread ) gives some general idea about it. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fourteenbeers said:

It's continuation of these discussions... no need to go trough the whole 3 threads from beginning to the end, but reading the first posts (and listening that podcast on the first tread ) gives some general idea about it. 

Thank you. I’m aware of those ongoing discussions in general and also listened to that podcast. I was referring to that strange story or dream that I was quoting. But nevermind :lol:

• Haha 1

All fans now need to be careful sharing GNR YouTube videos on Twitter. Not because of the band or illegal behavior, but the internet troll uses it as a weapon to get other fans banned. If it's not an "official" GNR video, he will use the copyright loopholes to cast strikes against your account in hopes of getting you banned.

Edited by Gambit83

7 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

All fans now need to be careful sharing GNR YouTube videos on Twitter. Not because of the band or illegal behavior, but the internet troll uses it as a weapon to get other fans banned. If it's not an "official" GNR video, he will use the copyright loopholes to cast strikes against your account in hopes of getting you banned.

As happened with my Youtube, Reddit, Mega and Twitter account. Funny thing about that is they don't seem to realize opening a new account is so fuckin' easy. Makin' their efforts totally useless. Makes you realize they must be really retarded considering the fact they do it themselves all the time on this and many other gnr related websites, desperately trying to see if their useless acts are being discussed.  

Edited by FRANSAD
  • Like 2

On 06. 03. 2019. at 7:06 PM, zombux said:

of course, but there are other ways.

for instance, check ninlive.com - the guy is doing a shitload of work there, with the definitive goal being putting together ALL the available recordings of all shows, with many download options including DIRECT download. 

and guess what - the band actually supports him and they even met and talked about the site. 

if that was the case of GNR, the site would probably be taken down in a minute, with the guy being threatened or sued.

some other bands take another approach - offer live recordings to fans for some reasonable money (Metallica for example) and it works brilliantly.

face it - GNR has just become a corporate whore, a cash machine, which treats the fanbase like shit. 

I've always wanted to make a site similar to ninlive.com - but under these circumstances, I don't give a fuck and just share my ass of via places that the takedown assclowns can never shut down :) 

what do you mean by 'has become'?

didn't you see the band in the 90's?

Remember St. Louis riots and how it started?  however, we vs Axl - Axl losses.  We have almost every show 1986 - 1993.  True if ppl didn't have to hide their devices - the recordings would have been much better.

But yeah, guess how many gigs I downloaded from NITL era? None.   This is semi pop band that entirely lost edge, charisma. personality...call it whaetever you want.

I can understand Dizzy being there, despite his quality not being exactly world class - but he had a purpose that he fulfilled, but do you honestly think Melissa would be there if Ax could sing or Fortus/Ferrer being on GNR level?

She is just there to make additional noise to cover the missing links.  It is ok for Ax to like the FF, but those guys are light years away from Gilb/Iz, Steve/Matt.

• Like 2

Anyone else getting hit by IFPILondon for copyright takedowns of youtube Concert Videos from the Fall US 2017 Guns N Roses tour. My entire youtube channel went down last week due to copyright takedown notices for those shows (all 3 strikes) a total of 52 videos.  Not sure if it was legitimate or not. Came from a "generic name 1972" gmail email address with IFPILondon below it on the takedown notices. Usually that kind of thing would come from IFPInotices@ifpi.org   Also, has anyone submitted a counter notice to get their videos back up on youtube from this type of takedown?  Any luck on getting the videos back up?  I'm looking to get my channel back up on youtube but not looking to get sued. I'm thinking based on the email being a generic email with 1972 at gmail pretty good chance this is a fake takedown notice. I've emailed that email for a retraction and no response with a generic automatic response from a supposed IFPI that we review emails Thank you for contacting IFPI. If you are receiving this message your email has been received and will be carefully reviewed by our notices team. This inbox is monitored on a frequent basis but due to the volume of emails received we cannot respond to every enquiry.

• Sad 1

On 20-3-2019 at 4:01 PM, Jim Powers said:

Anyone else getting hit by IFPILondon for copyright takedowns of youtube Concert Videos from the Fall US 2017 Guns N Roses tour. My entire youtube channel went down last week due to copyright takedown notices for those shows (all 3 strikes) a total of 52 videos.  Not sure if it was legitimate or not. Came from a "generic name 1972" gmail email address with IFPILondon below it on the takedown notices. Usually that kind of thing would come from IFPInotices@ifpi.org   Also, has anyone submitted a counter notice to get their videos back up on youtube from this type of takedown?  Any luck on getting the videos back up?  I'm looking to get my channel back up on youtube but not looking to get sued. I'm thinking based on the email being a generic email with 1972 at gmail pretty good chance this is a fake takedown notice. I've emailed that email for a retraction and no response with a generic automatic response from a supposed IFPI that we review emails Thank you for contacting IFPI. If you are receiving this message your email has been received and will be carefully reviewed by our notices team. This inbox is monitored on a frequent basis but due to the volume of emails received we cannot respond to every enquiry.

As i said before UMG removed a lot of those demo's included in the box right before the box was announced, so they went manually through my channel blocking all content that was about to be released but UMG never striked me as you can see on this screenshot.

Please also note the Claimed by: UMG part
claim110.png 

In this next screenshot u can see UMG claiming a video but this time they choose to let is stay on my channel but they will monetize it, which is fine by me because i even didnt have the monetizing option turned on and nearly all my video's where monetized by UMG anyways

Please also note the Claimed by: UMG part

claim310.png

Then suddenly the IFPI comes and claims the same video and gives me a strike for it, which i find very strange because the IFPI works for companies as UMG making sure any YT money goes to the right copyright owner which in this case is UMG.

So here comes the IFPI overruling a decision made by the real content holder UMG and by doing this they make the company they work for LOOSE money.

Please note the Takedown issued by IFPI part

claim410.png  

So when that happened it raised some questions and I contacted the IFPI about it and at first, they didn't react at all but after multiple emails asking them how they could overrule a decision made by the one and only copyright holder they gave me some automated bullshit reply, not even responding to my original question. Ofcourse i replied with screenshots proving the overuling story but they never responded again. 

claim510.png

So the whole point in this is I understand UMG doesn't want stuff to be sold on Youtube and even if they don't plan on selling it but still want it gone from the tube im fine with that i don't owe any single copyright from Guns N' Roses material.

But be clear about because if i knew in the end they want it all gone i wouldnt have invested the time and effort in my channel but by monetizing almost all my vids they seemed to like the money offa it.

So it's about time  "someone to tell us what the fuck is going on Goddammit"

• Like 3