Copyright Strikes....

12 hours ago, zombux said:

those clowns were in no way responsible for bringing the two back, so there's no need to thank them. I guess it happened pretty much despite them. 

They were only responsible in the sense that after all those years of mismanagement Axl was left with no choice but to get Slash back in to save his legacy.

To the best of our knowledge, they also managed to take Izzy (who had worked with Duff the previous year and showed up to play with Axl and Slash on numerous occasions) and completely insult and alienate him with their offers for the reunion.

I just think for me, even if the worst case scenario is right, who cares. TB work for Axl, and if he's happy with what they do then that is all that matters. The forum is about the band, not TB, let them worry about who the staff are. 

There must be other ways of sharing media outside of YouTube, set up a closed section of the forum where people cannot see the links, find ways to fix it. Proactivity rather than reactivity.

I get people are annoyed that videos are being taken down, but 61 pages of the same comments over and over..?

40 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

They were only responsible in the sense that after all those years of mismanagement Axl was left with no choice but to get Slash back in to save his legacy.

To the best of our knowledge, they also managed to take Izzy (who had worked with Duff the previous year and showed up to play with Axl and Slash on numerous occasions) and completely insult and alienate him with their offers for the reunion.

Like they are the ones that call all the shots regarding offers, right?

Listen, nobody on this band or in the TB management does anything without Axl's approval or final word, he is the one who runs the company, he's the GNR CEO.

We need to stop blaming TB for anything that goes wrong with this band, things were worse when they were not around as managers. THIS BAND WAS, IS AND WILL BE DYSFUNCTIONAL! This is GNR!

Izzy and Steven sold their rights, which is different from Slash and Duff, so they don't need to be payed equaly. The thing is GNR offered Izzy 50k per concert, but he'd never imagined that the tour would take three whole years to complete. And then people think the offer is a complete insult, but 175 shows later X 50K = US$ 8.7 million that he (Izzy) choose not to get!

With Steven is different, I love the guy, but he has being bad mouthing the band and Axl for the last 28 years. Always complaining, always insulting Axl, and then you think you going to be in a 3 year tour with the guy?

Both of them are not reliable in different ways and so this is not on TB, but on their own (Izzy and Steven) account.

Edited by Legendador

I still don't understand why people don't seem to get the fact TB have no control over what YouTube does as it's a third party. 

YouTube have their own policies around copyright and removeal of content as a third party and separate entity. 

As I have explained before, the same issue of copy right content being removed is also effecting Nascar, as their copyright material was being flagged and removed from curtain Nascar fan YouTube channels. 

It turns out, these requests were made by a fan, who happens to have their own YouTube Nascar fan channel. 

Nascar was contacted about this matter, and they wish they could have assisted, but their was nothing they could do as YouTube is a third party and these take downs operated under YouTubes own terms and conditions. 

All these external issues involving TB are irrelevant. 

The issues are entirely based around YouTubes own policies and clear loop holes being exploited. 

In short, their is nothing anyone can do, who is the legal owner of copyright material or a person , who personally recorded content and then uploaded that content to YouTube, to prevent any one person from flagging or requesting that content be removed, with this content being deemed for what ever reason, a breach of YouTubes terms and conditions. 

If some of you have an issue with the take downs, I would suggest you direct that at YouTube. 

Good luck with that one. 

Given TB are an easy target to blame, as they won't respond or publicly comment. 

If you are objective about this issue, take a step back, you might understand why. 

Why get involved in something that does not directly involve you, that's out of your control or take on a battel you are not going to win against YouTube. 

I would think the best approach, is to focus on things you can control. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Haha 1

Just now, kiwiguns said:

I still don't understand why people don't seem to get the fact TB have no control of what YouTube does as it's is a third party. 

YouTube have their own policies around copyright and removeal of content as a third party and separate entity. 

As I have explained before, the same issue of copy right content being removed is also effecting Nascar, as their copyright material was being flagged and removed from curtain Nascar fan YouTube channels. 

It turned out, these requests were made by a fan, who happens to have their own YouTube Nascar fan channel. 

Nascar was contacted about this matter, and they wish they could have assisted but their was nothing they could do as YouTube is a third party and these take downs operated under their terms and conditions. 

All these external issues involving TB are irrelevant. 

This issue are around YouTubes own policies and a clear loop hole being exploited. 

If some of you have an issue with the take downs I would suggest you direct that at YouTube. 

Good luck with that one. 

No one is misunderstanding your point, it's that the point isn't valid in any way. 

Here's why: YouTube is not removing these videos on their own. They're doing so because they're being notified of which videos to take down by two "fans" who claim they're working on behalf of TB. 

So with those facts in play, the culpability goes back to TB, not YouTube. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 01/11/2019 at 8:20 PM, Mysteron said:

It's just a complex situation

Axl does what he does, he's never been the most public of individuals, and management have to respect this whilst trying to please the fans. 

Downzy has explained the video takedowns, it's a fan driven thing on a third party website, and the songs are owned by the record company. Management are more into merch, tours and online promotion. This is something outside of their job scope, but their is a responsibility to keep the fans happy.

But then we have the hardcore fanbase, it is a fanbase who have had one album in 20 years, it's a tough crowd to keep happy. It looks like Fernando informally tried to reach out on Reddit but got batted into silence by people responding to him.

I'd agree that people can always be better at who they are, what they do and what they know. But that applies to all of us.

Why does he have to reach out informally? 

If he wants to talk to fans shy doesn't  he contact a forum and do it, OR why not just get the facts from people who know and release a statement detailing preventative measures.

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

Why does he have to reach out informally? 

If he wants to talk to fans shy doesn't  he contact a forum and do it, OR why not just get the facts from people who know and release a statement detailing preventative measures.

I don't know really.

I've just always assumed with TB, you get the official TB side, the management side. Then you get Beta and Fernando, the people that know Axl on a personal level.

I have never disagreed in my head with what Russ is alluding to, but I don't see it as a TB, the official management thing. I see it as them as people, maybe imparting opinions, or something else. And if that is the case, then so be it. They are a family of sorts, and it's natural for families to protect each other.

I assumed the Fernando on reddit was a Fernando thing, not a TB thing. He was just being him outside work, thought he'd reach out on a personal level, as he has done in the past.

Maybe my thinking is wrong, but it's just the way I see it.

11 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

I don't know really.

I've just always assumed with TB, you get the official TB side, the management side. Then you get Beta and Fernando, the people that know Axl on a personal level.

I have never disagreed in my head with what Russ is alluding to, but I don't see it as a TB, the official management thing. I see it as them as people, maybe imparting opinions, or something else. And if that is the case, then so be it. They are a family of sorts, and it's natural for families to protect each other.

I assumed the Fernando on reddit was a Fernando thing, not a TB thing. He was just being him outside work, thought he'd reach out on a personal level, as he has done in the past.

Maybe my thinking is wrong, but it's just the way I see it.

Sorry, but you can't split up the things that he says about gnr. Saying one thing is manager Fernando the other is family Fernando... this just isn't possible. In a public forum if he discusses or defends gnr he is the manager and a representative of the band. What he says behind closed doors unrelated to gnr is private life/not manager fernando.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Sorry, but you can't split up the things that he says about gnr. Saying one thing is manager Fernando the other is family Fernando... this just isn't possible. In a public forum if he discusses or defends gnr he is the manager and a representative of the band. What he says behind closed doors unrelated to gnr is private life/not manager fernando.

Fernando was here before he was TB. There is an official and unofficial Fernando. Fernando had a go at me years ago, but that was him, not a TB him

I get what people are saying, but they are people as well as managers of GN'R. If you want to take everything that is said on an official level, that's fine, but that is your personal opinion. 

I just see everything as a little one dimensional. They've always seemed like nice people, and I just think that in this modern era of computers and facebook, that people have lost the ability to relate what is written to real life and the outside world.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Why do you keep spreading this nonsense? You do know that YouTube is not the only place where videos are being removed from, right?

Facebook fanpages with literally hundreds of thousands of likes have been deleted forever because of copyrighted videos that were uploaded to the pages (and not copy-pasting YT links, I mean by actually uploading the videos to Facebook).

Instagram posts have been deleted, which also have nothing to do with YouTube (Instagram is Facebook and YouTube is Google).

I lost the main Twitter account of my fanpage, with 15k followers, because they took down videos that were uploaded there (again, not YouTube links, by uploading them myself). So there you have Twitter that isn't Facebook's property nor Google's.

Discord users have been banned from the platform (and Discord users that were owners of servers, so those servers are gone too) because "someone" reported them for spreading "illegal material".

Just to name a few. So please stop trying to justify this. You are wrong. Thank you.

blah, blah, blah. None of this existed 30 years ago

The geek at school from back in the day has now become the warrior of today. Hidden faces behind a keyboard armed with opinions and grandeur. 

I liked Discord for a while, it was nice speaking to a few old fans, but people just post fat Axl pictures, over and over. It's maybe humour, but it's childish and people just do it over and over because they cannot think of anything new to do. That's the keyboard warrior of today.

Again, this thread. I posted again because I was going to say for the 100th time the same thing to Russ' post, which he has posted 100 times. But then, I stopped.

It's a broken record. Videos are getting deleted, so be it. Just deal with it. There are nutty fans, it's not a new thing on GN'R forums. TB agree with it, who cares. The forum isn't about them. 

What I have posted is a lot of wibble, I will agree. I am just wanting people to be better than this playground type talk. Just deal with it and move on.

Also, if it was Fernando on Reddit, why the hell post and annoy him into silence. Where is the sense in that. He was trying to be nice and give out information, but no, people have to go and criticise TB then he just disappears.

What is the sense that that, and where is the value to the actual GN'R fan who wants to know what is coming next.

People do not think about what they are saying, there is no respect anymore, not just about the band but for other fans.

I just do not get how anything works anymore.

1 hour ago, Mysteron said:

Fernando was here before he was TB. There is an official and unofficial Fernando. Fernando had a go at me years ago, but that was him, not a TB him

I get what people are saying, but they are people as well as managers of GN'R. If you want to take everything that is said on an official level, that's fine, but that is your personal opinion. 

I just see everything as a little one dimensional. They've always seemed like nice people, and I just think that in this modern era of computers and facebook, that people have lost the ability to relate what is written to real life and the outside world.

It's not my opinion, it's his job. If he comes on reddit talking about gnr, that's gnrs manager on reddit discussing gnr... not Axls friend. So whether he was in the picture before doesn't matter, we're talking about what's happening now. 10yrs ago if he spoke on gnr he was fernando the son of Axls assistant.

If he comes on here and attacks you or anyone else about the things we criticize about axl and gnr. That response may be rooted in that he loves Axl very dearly... but he is the manager and in a public forum speaking about gnr even indirectly is official.

He might even disagree with me on this, but you don't see other managers trying to blur the lines on this, if they discuss their artist it's to promote or defuse any potential advantage or disadvantage coming their way. Maybe tb are just cut from a different cloth 😉

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

Just now, Tom2112 said:

It's not my opinion, it's his job. If he comes on reddit talking about gnr, that's gnrs manager on reddit discussing gnr... not Axls friend. 

If he comes on here and attacks you or anyone else about the things we criticize about axl and gnr. That response may be rooted in that he loves Axl very dearly... but he is The manager and in a public forum speaking about gnr even indirectly is official.

He might even disagree with me on this, but you don't see other managers trying to blur the lines on this, if they discuss their artist it's to promote or defuse any potential advantage or disadvantage coming their way. Maybe tb are just cut from a different cloth 😉

You've got to allow Fernando to be the man and the manager. It wasn't his job for a lot of years and he still posted.

Management have never done things officially through forums, I would know this because I was the conduit during the Merck era.

Fernando here is Fernando

6 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

You've got to allow Fernando to be the man and the manager. It wasn't his job for a lot of years and he still posted.

Management have never done things officially through forums, I would know this because I was the conduit during the Merck era.

Fernando here is Fernando

He is the man, in every other setting. I allow him that. When he's on here he is Fernando speaking as the advocate for gnr.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

Again, this thread. I posted again because I was going to say for the 100th time the same thing to Russ' post, which he has posted 100 times. But then, I stopped.

It's a broken record. Videos are getting deleted, so be it. Just deal with it. There are nutty fans, it's not a new thing on GN'R forums. TB agree with it, who cares. The forum isn't about them. 

If you look back at the last couple of pages, you'll see I haven't posted much at all. The only time I get involved with the thread is when I happen to see someone post the ridiculous notion that TB have nothing to do with the takedowns and/or haven't lied about it. 

Couldn't agree more that the forum isn't about nor should be about TB. However, the forum is very much about GNR and its fans. Those two things have crossed paths because of how poorly GNRs management have chosen to treat GNR fans. 

• GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If you look back at the last couple of pages, you'll see I haven't posted much at all. The only time I get involved with the thread is when I happen to see someone post the ridiculous notion that TB have nothing to do with the takedowns and/or haven't lied about it. 

Couldn't agree more that the forum isn't about nor should be about TB. However, the forum is very much about GNR and its fans. Those two things have crossed paths because of how poorly GNRs management have chosen to treat GNR fans. 

They are good people. It is what it is, just let it go, or, be, if you are beatles man. 

It's a hard job, and we do have some fanatical fans 

I don't know what else to say

• Haha 1