19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Guns N' Roses are the only band in the world who don't want you to listen to their music. 

It's not the band doing it 😏

Just now, BlueJean Baby said:

I have my doubts about that as people here know, however at a very minimum it is the band permitting it as they were made aware of not only the removals but the threats.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have my doubts about that as people here know, however at a very minimum it is the band permitting it as they were made aware of not only the removals but the threats.

I think the very minimum would be more along the line of not caring about it.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I think the very minimum would be more along the line of not caring about it.

They don't care about Guns's entire youtube presence being erased? 

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They don't care about Guns's entire youtube presence being erased? 

Entire? Only unofficial videos not hosted by the band/label, surely? 

39 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Entire? Only unofficial videos not hosted by the band/label, surely? 

So basically 90% of Gn’R videos hosted on Youtube?

7 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

So basically 90% of Gn’R videos hosted on Youtube?

Probably more. Don't know how many of them have been taken down so far, though.

Posted (edited)
On 4/22/2019 at 7:59 PM, Jim Powers said:

Who hit the account? Was it a takedown "Strike" notice?  Webber1972@gmail.com email address?  

That address is weird. Wasn't one of the early guitarists with Axel and Izzy named that?

Edited by Chest Burster

Posted (edited)

I’m starting to believe that this is related to some kind of official release announcement. This last takedowns look official and have been happening all over the world, not just on this forum. I know people from Argentina that taped both days of the 2016 shows, and got all their videos taken down within hours. And also people have said here that PRIVATE videos have been also deleted. So that can’t be Walk*r and his clown army manually reporting the videos. It has to be automatic.

I think that this time the takedowns are being ordered by Gn’R or the label or whatever. They look official. It’s the same that happened prior to the AFD Remastered announcement. And for the record, I’m talking out of my ass here. I have no way to prove this.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, scottish nutter said:

i was always under the impression anything filmed live by someone was owned by the person that recorded?

Not legally, it is the artist's material legally and permission to record the performance is needed to legally record it.  But most of the time nothing is ever done about fan's recordings as long as they are not being sold for profit. This situation is something else entirely, as far as I can tell.  These recordings have been out there for years, in some cases, while the band is aware of the takedowns, I do not feel it was done at their direction. 😖

• Thanks 1

In Tallinn last year i saw the head of GNR security telling a guy holding a camera to stop filming (camera, not smarphone) His filming annoyed me cause it was disturbing my view. 

Probably pretty standard practice, but i remember it being a bit odd in 2018.

4 hours ago, scottish nutter said:

i was always under the impression anything filmed live by someone was owned by the person that recorded?

Most/all concert will have "unauthorized recording prohibited" somewhere in the t and cs that no one ever reads. Pretty sure this means that anything filmed there is technically banned, even though that rule is very rarely enforced. It also probably means that anything filmed belongs to the performers. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Most/all concert will have "unauthorized recording prohibited" somewhere in the t and cs that no one ever reads. Pretty sure this means that anything filmed there is technically banned, even though that rule is very rarely enforced. It also probably means that anything filmed belongs to the performers. 

I saw the Eagles live last year and several people got kicked out for phones. There is a message at the beginning that says that "Please Do Not Record Or Use Your Cellphones"

GNR is a lot less strict then people think 

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

14 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

The fact that private videos are being removed is certainly a plot twist.

9 hours ago, Tyler Drama said:

The fact that private videos are being removed is certainly a plot twist.

What private vids? 

31 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

What private vids? 

My live video of Coma. Hasn’t been public in a long time.

14 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

My live video of Coma. Hasn’t been public in a long time.

may have something to do with slash going to axl's house to record something

2 hours ago, sidman69 said:

may have something to do with slash going to axl's house to record something

That seems unlikely, why would a live video of Coma be related to new material?

On 4/23/2019 at 2:12 PM, MrSoftie said:

I got the same thing this morning, also on an unlisted video with a mere 84 views. Any idea how to get more details? I can't even find a way to dispute it or find out who submitted the complaint.

Great thing about this one is no copyright strike. Did you have other videos on your channel when you got this?

The Axl Rose youtube takedowns are disgusting. Way to go whoever is doing it or turning a blind eye. You're erasing Axl's legacy one takedown at a time. Good for you. I hope you feel accomplished in your absolute idiocy. In your attempts at censorship or at least some misguided attempt to champion artist's rights you've completely failed. You have succeeded in denying fans and newcomers alike of some great music that actually brings joy to people. You have successfully cut off your nose to spite your face. So stupid. 

I shared a relatively obscure Axl/DC clip with my buddy yesterday and today it's been taken down. I mean WTF. Are you an idiot? My friend loved the clip Btw and would have probably shown several more people who then would have been more inclined to buy a GN'R ticket in the future. So fucking dumb. 

Sure there are internet trolls, but just do what every other well adjusted normal person does. Just fucking ignore them. 

• Like 1

YouTube takedowns aren’t just a GNR thing right now. It’s across the entire platform. Labels are trying to put pressure on Google to negotiate. The AI they use for song recognition/copyright violations  has gotten good enough that it can recognize songs that are live versions and covers. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

YouTube takedowns aren’t just a GNR thing right now. It’s across the entire platform. Labels are trying to put pressure on Google to negotiate. The AI they use for song recognition/copyright violations  has gotten good enough that it can recognize songs that are live versions and covers. 

Damn I didn't know that. I'm a fan of many many bands and Axl Rose is literally the only artist I've had problems accessing videos I always accessed before. Also literally the only artist I've seen takedowns in real-time based upon exposure of that link. Just saying. 

Edit- I also saw it with A Perfect Circle around their latest album, which was incredible. So take that for what it's worth. 

Edit Edit - still a net loss strategy if you ask me though. 

Edited by TOS--LOA
  • Like 1