I feel bad for all the people wrapped up in this latest mess on Nightrain. 

People should absolutely NOT have to deal with what we do as GNR fans. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Lots of musicians have psycho "fans". Lots of them end up killing the celebrity, like Dime, Lennon, and Selina

Sucks

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Lots of them end up killing the celebrity, like Dime, Lennon, and Selina

Sucks

Fucked up and tragic, but I wouldn't say lots. Very few are crazy enough to actually kill musicians/celebrities. Not to take away from how serious this shit is.

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Fucked up and tragic, but I wouldn't say lots. Very few are crazy enough to actually kill musicians/celebrities. Not to take away from how serious this shit is.

*Some of them

Posted (edited)

I think it's worth pointing out that although Beta is appreciative of this guys support, her or ANY Gnr associate ever publicly acknowledge his existence or communicate with him.

This suggests IMO that they know his behavior is questionable and they want no association.

On Twitter, he follows Axl, Beta, Fernando, Dizzy, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Jarmo, Adler, Tommy, Frank, Andy Copping (Live Nation), Merck, Nik (worked on official site).

Not a single one of the above follow him back!  

That to me seems very deliberate.  There are many of us on here who are being followed by some of the above, it's no big deal.  Anyone of any note in the GNR camp have very much declined the option to follow that particular account.

That should be all the proof his followers need but he'll be feeding them some elaborate excuse behind the scenes, about him needing to stay incognito for whatever reason.

Edited by Pele
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

Do you recall a couple years ago when a young singer Christina Grimmie was shot at a meet & greet by a fan she never met? Only 22. Awful.

I only bring that up because a few weeks later when I had the chance to meet Blink 182 at work, I was asked to "open" my cane. FYI I use a cane for my neurological disability. I was respectful and understanding because I know cane weapons are a real thing. Anyway it led to this awkward photo because I was afraid to make any sudden movements with it haha.

Point being some bands/artists are SUPER protective and paranoid now. Unfortunately they have a right to be :( 

Wow man, I totally forgot about that happening to her. How awful. 

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Pele said:

I think it's worth pointing out that although Beta is appreciative of this guys support, her or ANY Gnr associate ever publicly acknowledge his existence or communicate with him.

This suggests IMO that they know his behavior is questionable and they want no association.

On Twitter, he follows Axl, Beta, Fernando, Dizzy, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Jarmo, Adler, Tommy, Frank, Andy Copping (Live Nation), Merck, Nik (worked on official site).

Not a single one of the above follow him back!  

That to me seems very deliberate.  There are many of us on here who are being followed by some of the above, it's no big deal.  Anyone of any note in the GNR camp have very much declined the option to follow that particular account.

That should be all the proof his followers need but he'll be feeding them some elaborate excuse behind the scenes, about him needing to stay incognito for whatever reason.

I doubt band members know or care about who he is (except maybe Axl since he was paranoid enough to read this board years ago). Slash and Duff? No way. Its so beneath them. TB loves this bullshit though. Fernando cant resist whining on here every few years

41 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wow man, I totally forgot about that happening to her. How awful. 

Celebrity worship is a very scary and real thing

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Pele said:

Yeah, although he's not exactly Tony Soprano lol.

those burglars in Home Alone come to mind. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I doubt band members know or care about who he is (except maybe Axl since he was paranoid enough to read this board years ago). Slash and Duff? No way. Its so beneath them. TB loves this bullshit though. Fernando cant resist whining on here every few years

Celebrity worship is a very scary and real thing

To be fair and objective, I have just been reading the last few pages of posts, and to honest, this issue being discussed  involves a small minority  of people and can be best summed up as being a tv soap drama. To be honest there are a larger majority of people like myself far removed from this, as I am from a little country in the pacific at the bottom of the world. 

With respect, when people started to be mentioned from different states of the US,  females who have had dealings with this person, the issue at hand became lost. 

These are separate matters. 

It's clear we now know, based on people better informed, and after reading whats been stated, that the band nor its management are involved officially in removing content from YouTube. Is this correct or yet to be established?. 

The reason why I ask is, as an outsider far removed from information about this subject being posted, I would think it's not in the best interests of any of the band members or its representatives to get involved, as it's not their business nor should they waste their time on an issue that only effects a small minority  of people. 

The person spoken about, their actions, their motivation behind these actions, or the actions of others, who choose to communicate with that person, or choose to become associated with that person, cannot be controlled by the band nor its management.

Edited by kiwiguns

9 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

To be fair and objective, I have just been reading the last few pages of posts, and to honest, this issue being discussed  involves a small manority of people and can be best summed up as being a tv soap drama. To be honest there are a larger majority of people like myself far removed from this, as I am from a little country in the pacific at the bo8of the world. 

It's clear we now know, based on people better informed, and after reading whats been stated, that the band nor its management are involved officially in removing content from YouTube. Is this correct or yet to be established?. 

The reason why I ask is, as an outsider far removed from information about this subject being posted, I would think it's not in the best interests of any of the band or its representatives to get involved as it's not their business nor should they waste there time on an issue that only effects a small manority of people. 

The person spoken about, their actions, their motivation behind these actions, or the actions of others, who choose to communicate with that person, or choose to become associated with that person, cannot be controlled by the band nor its management.

It's all very well you feel like that.

It doesn't change the fact that if you post an opinion that he disagrees with on the official GNR forum, you run the risk of being stalked, doxxed and your family and work getting bothered.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

@kiwiguns Racism is not something that should ever be condoned nor allowed on the official forum, under any circumstances. 

Thats a separate issue, I am simply trying to understand whether the band or its management are involved officially in removing copyright content. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pele said:

It's all very well you feel like that.

It doesn't change the fact that if you post an opinion that he disagrees with on the official GNR forum, you run the risk of being stalked, doxxed and your family and work getting bothered.

Again, I state. I personally am removed from the situation as I don't submerge myself in the world of GNR fan forums. 

I come here to this forum to be updated on GNR related content only involving the band. 

All mentioned above are separate issues and matters, removed from what the issue at hand is, of copyright content being removed from YouTube. As a fan not submerged in the GNR fan forum world, I am simply trying to understand whether the band or its management are involved in the take downs given earlier in the thread that was the theory provided , that they were. If they aren't involved and the theory is another entity is  behind it, than the band nor its management should be referenced. That's called being objective as an outsider looking in. 

Edited by kiwiguns

19 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Thats a separate issue, I am simply trying to understand whether the band or its management are involved officially in removing copyright content. 

Management are aware

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Not only is the bands management very aware of the situation, they're also very aware that Alfred and flojo have threatened families over it 

On top of that, Del James made it his business to insult the people who had their families threatened. 

Super nice organization over there in TB. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Not only is the bands management very aware of the situation, they're also very aware that Alfred and flojo have threatened families over it 

On top of that, Del James made it his business to insult the people who had their families threatened. 

aware of the situation ? TB gave flojob the password to the official account to carry out these takedowns. 

as for Del James, haha what a laugh that was. an hour after his anti piracy lecture he gave us he posted a link on his Twitter to a song which was in breach of copyright law. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Again, I state. I personally am removed from the situation as I don't submerge myself in the world of GNR fan forums. 

I come here to this forum to be updated on GNR related content only involving the band. 

All mentioned above are separate issues and matters, removed from what the issue at hand is, of copyright content being removed from YouTube. As a fan not submerged in the GNR fan forum world, I am simply trying to understand whether the band or its management are involved in the take downs given earlier in the thread that was the theory provided , that they were. If they aren't involved and the theory is another entity is  behind it, than the band nor its management should be referenced. That's called being objective as an outsider looking in. 

I think it’s obvious from the previous few pages that management were aware... 

As an “outsider”, I don’t understand why you are asking the question! 

There is no separation from the situation when someone like Del is involved. This is an unofficial band management policy. Racism and intimidation. 

Again, why ask the question, not once but twice? 

• Like 1

Removed some posts just now. As a reminder to anyone reading the thread, we do not allow alternate accounts for either current users or previously banned members. Thanks. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Removed some posts just now. As a reminder to anyone reading the thread, we do not allow alternate accounts for either current users or previously banned members. Thanks. 

Thanks, I spotted it immediately. 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like 2011 to me. Maybe late 2010? Catcher wasnt played too often back then so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

3 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

It is all a bit immature and ridiculous really. What year do you reckon this was?

Looks like it could be this from Sydney 2013?

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, RussTCB said:

don't forget del james also posted copyrighted bootleg of another band on youtube after he lectured everyone about posting GNR bootlegs. 

Edited by sidman69

20 hours ago, donny said:

aware of the situation ? TB gave flojob the password to the official account to carry out these takedowns.

Is that true?