Jump to content
ASLayerAODsk

Copyright Strikes....

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the whole takedown circus start with either Saskatoon or HOB? Wasn't it the whole drama between Alfred/MSL and Rick that started the whole thing?

Yep, Saskatoon is where it all started. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The curtain has fallen! Eddie Trunk being critical of Axl (validly), mods here being openly critical of Team Brazil (validly and the first time I can recall in a long time)... 

I just want to say how much I appreciate it!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Axl didn't want fans with cameras at the shows, he was very vocal, as we all know, and there was a band policy about it.

So if that was the case with the fan filmed videos now, there could/would be a policy of banning cell phones. Other artists have done that, e.g. Jack White, and it would make more sense than allowing cell phones and taking the videos down afterwards. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kever20 said:

The curtain has fallen! Eddie Trunk being critical of Axl (validly), mods here being openly critical of Team Brazil (validly and the first time I can recall in a long time)... 

I just want to say how much I appreciate it!

 

Wait. What? I've always shot straight with respect to TB. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

When Axl didn't want fans with cameras at the shows, he was very vocal, as we all know, and there was a band policy about it.

So if that was the case with the fan filmed videos now, there could/would be a policy of banning cell phones. Other artists have done that, e.g. Jack White, and it would make more sense than allowing cell phones and taking the videos down afterwards. 

Yeah. Didn't I see that on one of the last shows the ticket said: no video or streaming?

I've no idea if that's always been on the tickets, but it was posted in one of the last show threads, I think.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

When Axl didn't want fans with cameras at the shows, he was very vocal, as we all know, and there was a band policy about it.

So if that was the case with the fan filmed videos now, there could/would be a policy of banning cell phones. Other artists have done that, e.g. Jack White, and it would make more sense than allowing cell phones and taking the videos down afterwards. 

That happened in the 1900s. It would look really bad for him to make that kind of demand in 2019. But apparently there is. Someone posted the other day something (I think it was a ticket or something) saying that streaming and recording was forbidden. If I’m not mistaken it’s on some of the latest shows thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yeah. Didn't I see that on one of the last shows the ticket said: no video or streaming?

I've no idea if that's always been on the tickets, but it was posted in one of the last show threads, I think.

It was? I didn't notice it.

I remember seeing tickets from previous shows on this tour saying that only professional cameras weren't allowed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It was? I didn't notice it.

I remember seeing tickets from previous shows on this tour saying that only professional cameras weren't allowed. 

I think @BlueJean Baby posted it first, but I might be mistaken.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

That happened in the 1900s. It would look really bad for him to make that kind of demand in 2019. But apparently there is. Someone posted the other day something (I think it was a ticket or something) saying that streaming and recording was forbidden. If I’m not mistaken it’s on some of the latest shows thread.

I don't think it would look so bad for him, since other artists have been doing it and he is "famous" for that anyway :lol:

Moreover, now there is technology that can enforce the banning of cell phones without security etc. been involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lio said:

I think @BlueJean Baby posted it first, but I might be mistaken.

Thanks!

That’s what I was talking about.

So, don’t you all think that taking the videos down looks like an Axl’s kind of decision? Just think about it for a second.

As I said before, sure TB doesn’t know how to handle the situations publicly because they’re personally involved with Axl, but IMO they’re clearly doing the dirty work and taking the blame for Axl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lio said:

I think @BlueJean Baby posted it first, but I might be mistaken.

Thanks! Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the policy against recording/streaming through cell phones must be new and there wasn't such rule before during this tour.

In any case, they are now clearly saying that they don't want fan shot videos. This is not a fan friendly policy, for sure, but at least they've made their position officially clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think it would look so bad for him, since other artists have been doing it and he is "famous" for that anyway :lol:

I don’t think he still wants to be known as the guy who used to do that kind of stuff, because that’s really pathetic. Much more convenient having someone to do it for you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChildOfTheMoon said:

I don’t think he still wants to be known as the guy who used to do that kind of stuff, because that’s really pathetic. Much more convenient having someone to do it for you.

It's on the tickets, though (I didn't know that before @Lio). So he/they say openly that they are still against filming. And, like I said, since there is a cell phone prohibition policy now, there are more quite and efficient ways to enforce it. There is no need to jump into the crowd, involve security or have people looking for videos on youtube to take them down afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

Thanks!

That’s what I was talking about.

So, don’t you all think that taking the videos down looks like an Axl’s kind of decision? Just think about it for a second.

As I said before, sure TB doesn’t know how to handle the situations publicly because they’re personally involved with Axl, but IMO they’re clearly doing the dirty work and taking the blame for Axl.

 

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Thanks! Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the policy against recording/streaming through cell phones must be new and there wasn't such rule before during this tour.

In any case, they are now clearly saying that they don't want fan shot videos. This is not a fan friendly policy, for sure, but at least they've made their position officially clear.

Yeah, could very well be. Still a bit odd they asked fans to upload their videos of the tour just last week.

EDIT: and Beta said that she sees live videos as promotion. So not exactly a clear stance on that at all.

Edited by Lio
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is crazy about this, is that I saw Tool last weekend.  Except for the last song they had a strict "no taping" policy and I even got a warning by security for taking a photo with my phone of the stage before the show even started

 

Yet they aren't even taking down youtube videos of the concert that people sneakily took, they are up and will forever be up.   You can find any song from that show on Youtube right now, yet these clowns in the case of GNR are making it so that even the 10th million performance of WTTJ can't be viewed by people when it will have absolutely no impact on GNR except for happier fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yeah, could very well be. Still a bit odd they asked fans to upload their videos of the tour just last week.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Wtf :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Thanks! Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the policy against recording/streaming through cell phones must be new and there wasn't such rule before during this tour.

In any case, they are now clearly saying that they don't want fan shot videos. This is not a fan friendly policy, for sure, but at least they've made their position officially clear.

Could be policy of the place they played? because that is not a ticket, is like a sheet of the place.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I round this up for you so we all can get on with our lives?

This is the silliest rock band ever and their fans are all bonkers.

You’re welcome! :P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

This is the silliest rock band ever and two of their fans are bonkers.

Fixed it for you lol. 

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slash in March 1996, talking about audience taping their shows: "GnR will never allow tapers at their shows if we can help it! But?? Snakepit doesn't care" [Netscape Chat, March 1995].

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What an unpleasant person.

I don’t understand why they are all so aggressive towards fans in every comment. It’s very strange.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wagszilla said:

What an unpleasant person.

I don’t understand why they are all so aggressive towards fans in every comment. It’s very strange.

its cause they hate fans and only care about money simple as that - its the most obtuse approach to life 

im tyring to think of a comparison but it really is the rock giant cliché 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

What an unpleasant person.

I don’t understand why they are all so aggressive towards fans in every comment. It’s very strange.

They treat the hardcore fans like a nuisance but the only reason we are complaining is because of the decisions the GNR camp made in the first place.  It is like a self-fulfilling prophecy filled with the lesson of how not to treat the people who love your band the most

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yep, Saskatoon is where it all started. 

The Garden was wonderful at that show

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×