Copyright Strikes....

the way I view this, is the members of GNR are all still alive and well, and so we as fans have a future with this band.

fans of the doors, the beatles, Queen, led zeppelin etc... have nothing to look forward to. the fans of those bands, truly are the ones needing to rely on glories of the past.

in the case of GNR, we have concerts to look forward to, possible new releases like the appetite remaster / outtakes, and reportedly a new album.

questionable and unreliable as all of this seems, it's still more than beatles fans can look forward to.

as GNR fans, we are de facto privileged

I couldn't get triggered by TB's behaviour, even if I tried. they could outright insult us, it would only be a minor curiosity to me. I would not feel personally adressed, because none of this is of any concern to me. it is a far from my bed show. GNR is still my second favorite band ever, and the reason why that is, never was because of GNR's fantastic management or lack thereof, it was because of the art.

I've said it before, but we are mere appreciators, receivers, of an artist work and even though we paid lots of money as a fan, even as we helped fund their mansions and their expensive cars, it doesnt grant us any say in the creative process.

GNR is right to reap the fruits of their work. I'm right to reap the fruits of MY work in my 9 to 5 profession. Every penny I earned myself, I dont have to justify to anyone, and neither do GNR.

the "behind the curtain" affairs in the GNR camp, while interesting to some, do not concern me. I'll see it when they release something new, but until then, as Oasis sang, I won't put my life in the hands of a rock n roll band 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Oh Jesus, that's a loaded question for me lol. They have 15 studio albums and I love all of them almost equally except for two. 

I guess I'd recommend you go with Wish You Were Here and/or Animals first. 

No shit? I didn't know that. We should get some Floyd discussion going in the My World section. There's no end to how much I'm willing to discuss Pink Floyd lol

"Careful with that axe Eugene..."

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i know portuguese she says shes sick of margot as plain as day 

and that margot loves to stir the pot or create confusion 

I know Portuguese too and even between those know the language there’s a peculiar thing called text interpretation. At her text she told that she’s sick of her for causing confusion/ trouble. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You're completely missing the point. The current issue doesn't have anything to do with any feeling entitled to anything. 

A fan commented about the GN'R videos being taken down, then one of their managers felt the need to insult the fan and lie about who's doing the takedowns. 

So it has nothing to do with "entitlement" and it's definitely not something happening behind the scenes. 

Also, that Oasis lyric is completely out of context. Nothing really to do with this situation at all. 

well, I'm not feeling personally affected by a fan being insulted by GNR management.

maybe I'm missing some point, but the point of being a fan, to me, is appreciating the art. There may be another, more urgent point in all of this, but I'm not feeling it. maybe I'm quickly satisfied in this regard, but I have no complaints. even if they shouldn't release anything else.

the point is not, how they treat their fans. I'm still not sure why any of this, should be of concern to me. I see her tweet or whatever, and I think absolutely nothing about it.

Does that make me selfish? perhaps. Do I care? No, why should I?

I think we can conclude here, that I'm selfish in my appreciation of this band, but also, that it is my full right to be so, and also if that makes people mad, then as they say in belgium "they got plenty of time to get happy again". 

the point is neither, the quantity of their output.

like with any kind of art, say, the mona lisa, you appreciate what there is, you can appreciate it time and time again and either that's sufficient to the observer or it isn't.

I have a couple of paintings in my room, reproductions of great masterworks, and I see them everyday. everyday, it's the same painting. there won't be new work by the artist, the artist died 500 years ago, but that thought never crosses my mind when I appreciate the work. 

3 minutes ago, action said:

well, I'm not feeling personally affected by a fan being insulted by GNR management.

maybe I'm missing some point, but the point of being a fan, to me, is appreciating the art. There may be another, more urgent point in all of this, but I'm not feeling it. maybe I'm quickly satisfied in this regard, but I have no complaints. even if they shouldn't release anything else.

the point is not, how they treat their fans. I'm still not sure why any of this, should be of concern to me. I see her tweet or whatever, and I think absolutely nothing about it.

Does that make me selfish? perhaps. Do I care? No, why should I?

I think we can conclude here, that I'm selfish in my appreciation of this band, but also, that it is my full right to be so, and also if that makes people mad, then as they say in belgium "they got plenty of time to get happy again". 

the point is neither, the quantity of their output.

like with any kind of art, say, the mona lisa, you appreciate what there is, you can appreciate it time and time again and either that's sufficient to the observer or it isn't.

I have a couple of paintings in my room, reproductions of great masterworks, and I see them everyday. everyday, it's the same painting. there won't be new work by the artist, the artist died 500 years ago, but that thought never crosses my mind when I appreciate the work. 

It would appear you very much do care about the issue seeing as you're continuing to comment on it without understanding what the issue at hand really is. 

If you're not trying to watching videos of the band on YouTube, then this truly has no effect on you whatsoever.

If you're not effected by the bands management lying to and insulting its fans, then good for you. However, that doesn't mean anyone else isn't justified in feeling the way they do. 

• Like 2

Just now, Derick said:

I know Portuguese too and even between those know the language there’s a peculiar thing called text interpretation. At her text she told that she’s sick of her for causing confusion/ trouble. 

Makes more sense

Still not understanding everything else. How is Beta able to remove songs from YouTube? She represents one member of a band that is a partnership, even then, I am presuming the record company own the assets so there's not a lot the band could do anyway. So why is Margot blaming Beta, seemingly repeatedly to get her annoyed? It doesn't make sense.

Just now, Mysteron said:

Makes more sense

Still not understanding everything else. How is Beta able to remove songs from YouTube? She represents one member of a band that is a partnership, even then, I am presuming the record company own the assets so there's not a lot the band could do anyway. So why is Margot blaming Beta, seemingly repeatedly to get her annoyed? It doesn't make sense.

Margot isn't blaming Beta. You might want to read back through the thread to get a handle on what's happening. Things will most likely make more sense then. 

10 minutes ago, Derick said:

Agreed. The translation IMO is more "I'm tired of her [Margot] behavior". 

11 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

This. Absolutely this. 

I take this opportunity to say thank you very much to you for everything you did for the fanbase, @estebanf

What most people (including @Dexter and @Fernando) don’t get is that people like you did more for „GNR“  during the dark decades (!) than and they did themselves. 

Unfortunately, I have to disagree. This view of things is short-sighted and does not work for me (any longer).  Because TB act in the name and on behalf of GNR, especially Axl Rose. At minimum they tolerate TBs actions, if they have not even instructed TB to do so (what I personally expect to be the truth). I cannot just kill the messenger and still love the sender. I am fine if that way of thinking works for you but for me it is to simple and it is nothing but lying to yourself in order to justify yourself still being a GNR fan. 

Don’t get me wrong. I for myself have a very hard time to realize and accept what this band - the band of my youth and favorite band of all time - has become. I am at the point where I tend to think that it would have been better if the reunion never happened. 

If you know the industry a bit, there is no way any management of any band - especially a b(r)and in the size of GNR - is able to communicate in such a disrespectful way to the artists fans without the artist being aware. Its not that TB statements have happened behind close doors or have been a one time thing. They happened countless times ... via social media, this means in public. There are so many people within the GNR camp (including band members) that use social media that it’s impossible that none of them didn’t take notice. 

This is why the „its all just TB“ or „fuck TB, hail GNR“ way finally does not work for me anymore.

But even if so, what do you expect/want to happen? To Axl they are his family. He is not getting rid of them. Rather some hardcore fans being unhappy, than him shutting out the, presumably, most important people in his life. And as long as Axl sees it that way, there is nothing Slash and Duff could/would do about it. At the end of the day, Axl has made now millions. He don't need this reunion no more, if push comes to shove. I do think he rather stops the reunion (e.g lets Slash and Duff walk away... even though that will never happen as I don't think they are willing to give up GNR again over something that, at the end of the day, has no bearing on them) than to remove these people out of his life. So really, they are here to stay. Either you accept that or you blame Axl for it and leave.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

I read up to Page 14 so far, and it appears to be the record company, not TB, taking the videos down. A fan might be flagging the vids, but it is the record company.

Facts related to the record company, gossip relates to TB

I'll continue to read

Gets interesting on page 18

Edited by Mysteron

Ironic that TB did so much (allegedly) to drive a deeper wedge between Rose and Duff/Slash, yet they're probably the biggest beneficiaries of this reunion. That family is set for generations with the kind of wealth Axl has accumulated over the last 3 years. All this success recently in spite of their best efforts to drive the brand off a cliff. I suspect they'll be milking this thing long after Axl is gone. If Paul Huge is Yoko, TB is GnR's Colonel Tom Parker (without an iota of his competence). Wonder how much they will swindle from Rose at the end of this story.

If these people want truckloads of money to drop from the sky, just give the fans something to hold onto. The more fan service you do, the more money you will make. See Metallica. They can't even do that properly. Help us give you more money you idiots. Release something. Anything.

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

OK, it's not comfortable reading. Who are the moderators on Nightrain?

Had emails, confident of some of Axl management not being behind encouraging takedowns, but the racism thing is concerning. 

If people could PM me with what they know, it'd be appreciated

Edited by Mysteron
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

What has 2 heads and sucks?

Beta and @Fernando

People are inherently good, let's not go there.

The record company, I presume, have control over the take downs, and the Lebeis family will be naturally protective of Axl. It all has to be taken into context.

Let's see who has done what, if someone could get Margot to post, that'd be good. If Mojo could pm me on one of their alts, that be good too. 

Aside from that, carry on

51 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

I read up to Page 14 so far, and it appears to be the record company, not TB, taking the videos down. A fan might be flagging the vids, but it is the record company.

Facts related to the record company, gossip relates to TB

I'll continue to read

Gets interesting on page 18

Doubt its the record company. No other UMG artists are getting take downs like this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mysteron said:

People are inherently good, let's not go there.

The record company, I presume, have control over the take downs, and the Lebeis family will be naturally protective of Axl. It all has to be taken into context.

Let's see who has done what, if someone could get Margot to post, that'd be good. If Mojo could pm me on one of their alts, that be good too. 

Aside from that, carry on

THey support circus loons. One of which photoshopped poor Margott as an ape

For that, Fuck Fernando and his brain dead yoko ono hanger on freak cult family