Copyright Strikes....

4 minutes ago, Derick said:

Seriously? Nevermind.

yes seriously, where is 'over here' do you mean the forum? If so how are facts any different? Facts are true, are you meaning opinions? 

I guess by the use of inverted commas on "Facts" you don't believe. 

30 minutes ago, Derick said:

Sorry but the meaning of “facts” over here it’s not necessary the same out there, in the real life. 

4 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Off-topic but where do you suggest I start with them? I've heard The Wall, obviously, but there's a lot of material to work through aside from that.

Pulse

ps fucking appropriate track for this thread LOL

Edited by swishtz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

yes seriously, where is 'over here' do you mean the forum? If so how are facts any different? Facts are true, are you meaning opinions? 

I guess by the use of inverted commas on "Facts" you don't believe. 

Opinion is one thing and how you choose or how you is able(from your POV) to interpret something that you claim as a fact is another thing. And yes, “over here” I mean here in the forum.

1 hour ago, kiwiguns said:

Why are some of you so concerned about the bands management, that has no effect on their personal lives?. Some of you are acting as if the bands management, manage your daily lives. 

If this issue does not effect you personally, than why are you wasting your time on the bands management and how they choose to manage issues, that only effect the band. 

Its has been clear for some time, that the band nor its management are not directly involved in content being removed. Case closed. 

Now, some of you are concerned about  the response by a member of the bands management to a person on social media , and have seen this as an opportunity to be little this person because of her background or questioning her motivation. 

Why bother wasting your own personal time and effort, given none of you know the person (Beta) personally, with this person having no involvement in our personal lives. 

Reading peoples comments, more so people who have taken to personally attacking the character of Beta or members of the bands management, makes these people acting on boarderline stalker behaviour, "A person who harasses or persecutes someone with unwanted and obsessive attention". 

Some of you, have to much time on your hands. 

well said!

some people take this way too serious. it's only a bloody rock n roll band :lol:

you know what really matters? your health, and that of your loved ones, and taxes, food. and chocolate

I refuse to take part in this "they are bad, we made them rich and we deserve this and that bla bla bla" narrative. nobody owes you not one god damn thing

also, just because i dont subscribe to a certain general outcry, does not mean I can not post my take on the matter. all opinions have equal right to be expressed

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, action said:

I refuse to take part in this "they are bad, we made them rich and we deserve this and that bla bla bla" narrative. nobody owes you not one god damn thing

Absolutely! I’m not a charity guy. If I still spend some money and time on this band it’s because they still pleases me, they give me something that I want. And most of all, I'm aware that I'm paying a ticket to attend a show, not to intrude on their personal life or even their management thing.

• Like 1

I always remember Axl's speech on the "Revolution Calling" bootleg where he talks about the new record (UYI) and encouraging fans to "Hey, if you can't afford it, steal it".  My how times have changed. I don't even recognize the band these days. They won't release music, they release overpriced boxsets, weird useless merch and try to delete all traces of their shows from the internet.  This is not how you sell a brand and TB is crushing this band. They used to be called the most dangerous band in the world. Now they are just the most litigious.  It's lame... The leaks piqued my interest, but going again to see them live or buying live albums is so far off my radar at this point. I just don't give a shit. There are plenty of other bands who do appreciate their fans who I'd rather give my money and time to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, action said:

With all due respect though, I think it is only fair when management does not do anything to foster anything resembling a two-way street dialogue, sure anyone can go "nobody owes you anything" but that is also a two way street.  Margott, a passionate fan, was not "owed" a hostile reply by management yet she got one.  And if there are imperfections that impact our GNR fandom, it is only natural to launch those complaints at the source of infection

The takeaway isn't "we made them rich, we deserve stuff". The takeaway is "this management is not fostering a healthy relationship with the people who love GNR the most"

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I consider Margott as a friend of mine and chatted with her after she was attacked with those racist memes. She loves this band and wanted nothing more than to share her videos with other fans. She is a very nice person, who has spent a lot of her hard earned money going to GNR concerts, buying merch and tickets. It would seem that TB does not realize that they would not have jobs today, if it weren't for all the fans that support the band and keep them earning money. And for true fans to get treated like shit by GNR management is totally unacceptable. Also these fan videos, do not hurt the band, if anything they make people want to go to the shows, introduce new fans to the band, and make people want to buy music. 

Sorry but this bullshit is totally unacceptable 🤬

does anyone have a screenshot of those memes?

I know Margott does, I might, but would have to search thru a lot of stuff to find them. I think there are a couple of other people who have them too. 

They were provided to nightrain admins at the time several letters of complaint were sent to them. 

I quit going on nightrain when all the drama started taking over and interfering with my love for the music.  

The memes were first posted online a while back, but then news ones reappeared several months ago on nightrain, which were more subtle so most people did not realize what was going on and they were attempting to use them to basically trigger Margott, who knew exactly what was being implied.

Edited by BlueJean Baby

5 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

The takeaway is "this management is not fostering a healthy relationship with the people who love GNR the most"

I wasn't aware that management needed a relationship with people other than GNR themselves.

what kind of relationship would that be?

free cookies and tea each sunday, and free demos for all, from your "best friends" at GNR?

when did "thank you" during concerts, stop being enough?

(by the way, thank you too Axl!)

oh, people want more? fuck that shit. not everyone shares that opinion. 

• Like 1