Copyright Strikes....

4 minutes ago, action said:

I wasn't aware that management needed a relationship with people other than GNR themselves.

what kind of relationship would that be?

free cookies and tea each sunday, and free demos for all, from your "best friends" at GNR?

when did "thank you" during concerts, stop being enough?

(by the way, thank you too Axl!)

oh, people want more? fuck that shit. not everyone shares that opinion. 

How about professionalism? How about, when you sign up to a service related to the band, like their official fan forum, the staff working for the band actually does its job so that when members are subjected to racism, sexism, xenophobia etc, something's done to stop it? I've been a moderator on another forum for 15 years now, and that shit doesn't fly there. You look after your members. That goes when it's a free service, but it's especially expected when it's a paid service and if they don't want to do that, don't offer the service. It's that simple.

• Like 4

All things considered, it just sucks that the people who love the band the most can't bond with each other over videos of the band on Youtube, which is all we have beyond a box set with 30 year old demos and an album from 2008.  And anyone in management who is not a part of the solution, is part of the problem

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

All things considered, it just sucks that the people who love the band the most can't bond with each other over videos of the band on Youtube, which is all we have beyond a box set with 30 year old demos and an album from 2008.  And anyone in management who is not a part of the solution, is part of the problem

Don Henley and The Eagles have the same “delete all bootlegs from the internet” policy, but at least with them they have a couple great live albums 

Edited by TheSeeker

Just now, BlueJean Baby said:

Exactly, paying $40 or $80 to only be abused and condescended to on a daily basis, is not conducive to a good environment. 🤬

Yep. It's why I didn't renew my membership there. The environment was toxic.

I wasn't subjected to as terrible a treatment as your friend, but did receive nasty comments of a sexist and xenophobic nature and nothing was done about it. I expect better. And what was done to your friend is inexcusable.

• Like 3

Just now, TheSeeker said:

Don Henley and The Eagles have the same “delete all bootlegs from the internet” policy, but at least with  them they have a couple great live albums 

Oh I didn't know they did this as well.  I know Prince himself had a huge love for not allowing any of his music on youtube be it live footage or studio cuts, and even before he died I was saying how many younger fans he was missing out on by not allowing them to discover his music the way they discover new music nowadays

Just now, WhazUp said:

Oh I didn't know they did this as well.  I know Prince himself had a huge love for not allowing any of his music on youtube be it live footage or studio cuts, and even before he died I was saying how many younger fans he was missing out on by not allowing them to discover his music the way they discover new music nowadays

Prince didn’t like not being able to control his catalogue, Henley wants his fans to come to concerts and enjoy the moment

Axl’s prerogative? Who the hell knows

9 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Someone post Axl’s misogynistic rant about Madison

Axl’s a sad little man who still lives in a bubble to protect himself from reality

The bubble can be penetrated with money, strangely

yeah exactly that was way over the line beyond anything done in the forum especially that he would do that himself just goes to show they fucking hate the hand that feeds them funny how on the forums they are so glued to - and the backtracking and or damage control/reverse psychology tries to come into play 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stoymatic said:

What actions can we as hardcores take to make this band change how they treat us?

If we don’t go to shows they still sell because of all the casuals.

Thoughts? 💭 

Well, Axl may be rich, but I would never want his life. So I guess I won :shrugs:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

It was sarcasm, dude. $20 an hour seems low for cleaning your house and raising your kids. You should have more respect instead of mocking her humble holidaying aspirations on the internet. I bet she works hard for that standard pay. How many hours does she work?

If for example you had her make the effort to drive all the way out to your place to work for, say 1hour, would you just give her $20? If so, you're a fucking cheapskate. In that kind of situation her payment should be bumped up to save everyone's dignity. If you can afford to pay her more than a standard rate then do so and if you can't maybe show some respect and forgo some personal luxuries so you can.

Why do you assume he can??

3 hours ago, Derick said:

Sorry but the meaning of “facts” over here it’s not necessary the same out there, in the real life. 

Facts are statements that are undeniable and true. For example, here's a fact:

Beta insulted a fan while lying about her knowledge of who is doing the takedowns. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

He won't be able to reply for a bit, he's in time out for a week. 

With all the latest developments, I have even less time to put into defending our forum against people who want to attack it :)

Utterly insulting for bozo the clown to bring up sexism and xenophobia when loser Fernando and his loser mother are the ones who keep company with openly racist people

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 4