Copyright Strikes....

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No. The trolls have garnered all of the attention themselves. 

TB has acted obvious to it for a while, until Beta chose to openly lie about not knowing who it is. All while having full knowledge of what they are and what they've done. 

That's what's causing the latest problem. 

Sorry again for being ignorant, but how can TB know who is behind this? How can anyone know it? If I understand things correctly, one guys has claimed to be behind at least some of the takedowns. But is that it?

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Sorry again for being ignorant, but how can TB know who is behind this? How can anyone know it? If I understand things correctly, one guys has claimed to be behind at least some of the takedowns. But is that it?

The rasict things were posted on Nightrain and there are a lot of screenshots of it. TB has been shown these screenshots. Both before and after the person who made the racist posts claimed that they were involved with the takedowns on behalf of TB & the band. 

TB was also shown screenshots of the other troll bragging about the takedowns while also claiming to be doing it on behalf of TB and the bamd. 

Also very much worth noting: at least one of those two people was given access to the Uzi Suicidal account that was doing the takedowns. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Okay, that is a bit different to saying they are part of Team Brazil. And lax moderation can result in posts not getting deleted quickly enough - it has happened on larger platforms :). But not banning the posters when found out is inexcusable or just means that it is a place where anything is allowed, which I don't think is the case.

So what people are saying, is that whoever claims to be behind the the takedowns seem to enjoy protection at the official forum and get away with things that other would get in trouble for?

Yes. One of the mods I mean is the guy running the other GNR forum and touring with GNR. He doesn't seem to like the guy, but apparently isn't in a place to do anything about him. I've no idea why.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

The guy insinuates he's doing it on TB's behalf for one, and there are screenshots of him admitting to doing the takedowns. I suppose those screenshots have been shown to TB. That's at least what I understood from Russ's posts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

The rasict things were posted on Nightrain and there are a lot of screenshots of it. TB has been shown these screenshots. Both before and after the person who made the racist posts claimed that they were involved with the takedowns on behalf of TB & the band. 

TB was also shown screenshots of the other troll bragging about the takedowns while also claiming to be doing it on behalf of TB and the bamd. 

So the evidence for these guys being behind the takedowns is purely their own claims? 

Then could it be that they aren't the only one doing this, and that they are maybe even exaggerating their involvement a bit because, well, because their are pathetic trolls with a history of trolling and like to rile up the fanbase. And that maybe TB, or someone more professionally associated with TB or the label, are taking down videos, too, and that this explains why Beta felt a bit annoyed by repeated complaints about the troll taking down videos when she belives the videos in question are actually taken down by them/the label?

Just brainstorming to find a narrative that seems to explain her comments better :)

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Out of respect for Margott, I don't feel these things should be posted. I saw them, they were horrific. It involved photoshopping a monkey's face onto pics of her, that is all I will say. Margott is originally from Peru, she is a pretty lady and such nasty depictions of her online are extremely racist and the people who did this shit are disgusting individuals. 🤬

This is disgusting...these people are just shameful 

4 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yes. One of the mods I mean is the guy running the other GNR forum and touring with GNR. He doesn't seem to like the guy, but apparently isn't in a place to do anything about him. I've no idea why.

Ah, I know who you are talking about! :) Well, I am pretty certain he wouldn't have accepted such posts on his own site, so this does substantiate the claim that his hands are tied when it comes to Nightrain. But could it just be that they have a no-banning policy and that any reprimanding took place in PMs?

Ah, I know who you are talking about! :) Well, I am pretty certain he wouldn't have accepted such posts on his own site, so this does substantiate the claim that his hands are tied when it comes to Nightrain. But could it just be that they have a no-banning policy and that any reprimanding took place in PMs?

I know of at least one person being banned there :lol:

But yeah, maybe he has no banning powers there. I don't know.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

So the evidence for these guys being behind the takedowns is purely their own claims? 

Then could it be that they aren't the only one doing this, and that they are maybe even exaggerating their involvement a bit because, well, because their are pathetic trolls with a history of trolling and like to rile up the fanbase. And that maybe TB, or someone more professionally associated with TB or the label, are taking down videos, too, and that this explains why Beta felt a bit annoyed by repeated complaints about the troll taking down videos when she belives the videos in question are actually taken down by them/the label?

Just brainstorming to find a narrative that seems to explain her comments better :)

First things first; so if TB or someone in GNR are doing the takedowns themselves, then why would GNR social media make a post recently asking fans to tag their videos? If Beta is so annoyed with fans complaining about videos being taken down, maybe GNR social media shouldn't be encouraging fans to take videos, post them and tag GNR in them.... 

Also, I edited my post so you may not have seen this part:

One of the trolls has access to the Uzi Suicidal account which was created by the band years ago to handle copyright issues online. Proof has been shown to TB that this troll is able to login to that account and act on behalf of the band. Not only is that proof that this troll is doing it, but it's damn near solid proof that their claim of being sanctioned by TB is true. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

39 minutes ago, Lio said:

He's been insulting TB and has profile pics on social media with TB and GNR members. Now this is the person Beta was defending. And he's really happy about it, as he reposted it to his social media and saying he hopes now everyone leaves him alone.

These are all facts.

The other individual remains more mysterious. What I do know of him is he makes the Nightrain a nightmare.

I believe beta wasn’t defending the guy, but that guy twisted it and make it seem she did. I believe she was talking about the other one. The one has been around for decades and has some serious issues. 

40 minutes ago, Lio said:

No they have banned people there. The response to my letter was that I have valid points, but they weren't going to do anything. Not longer afterward, some little squabbles came up with people speaking out against it and we were told that we were like children in the sandbox throwing sand in each others faces and to try to get along. 🙄

• Like 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

One of the trolls has access to the Uzi Suicidal account which was created by the band years ago to handle copyright issues online. Proof has been shown to TB that this troll is able to login to that account and act on behalf of the band. Not only is that proof that this troll is doing it, but it's damn near solid proof that their claim of being sanctioned by TB is true. 

But didn't that reddit Fernando say that they changed the password to that and didn't know how it was possible videos were still being taken down?

1 minute ago, Lio said:

I know of at least one person being banned there :lol:

Then it is inexcusable that the guy who posted racist posts directed at another member wasn't banned as well. 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

First things first; so if TB or someone in GNR are doing the takedowns themselves, then why would GNR social media make a post recently asking fans to tag their videos? 

Because they aren't taking down all, as I suggested?

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No, I didn't see this, thanks. 

Account? Where, on Youtube? 

Then it is inexcusable that the guy who posted racist posts directed at another member wasn't banned as well. 

Because they aren't taking down all, as I suggested?

Again... There is proof that at least one of the trolls was given access to an account that the GN'R team created. 

So you have GNR social media asking for fans to tske and post videos while TB has given access to this account to trolls in order to have videos taken down. 

2 minutes ago, remcognr said:

I believe beta wasn’t defending the guy, but that guy twisted it and make it seem she did. I believe she was talking about the other one. The one has been around for decades and has some serious issues. 

Hm, maybe. I think Margott always talked about 'fans' taking down everything, so I don't really know why Beta had to jump to the defence of just that one guy. I seriously wonder why Beta seems so infatuated with him.

Just now, RussTCB said:

Again... There is proof that at least one of the trolls was given access to an account that the GN'R team created. 

So you have GNR social media asking for fans to tske and post videos while TB has given access to this account to trolls in order to have videos taken down. 

What is the evidence that TB gave access to the account to the troll? And what account are we talking about? The account could be fake, it could be hacked...

Just playing Devil's Advocate here while trying to understand it all :)

• Like 1

Nightrain is the shittiest fan club ever. It actually negetively impacted my mental health when I briefly had a membership there. Fighting with Warchild is a fucked up activity. Its like terminal cancer. It just keeps spreading no matter how hard you try

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Lio said:

But didn't that reddit Fernando say that they changed the password to that and didn't know how it was possible videos were still being taken down?

Yes, Fernando did say that. But Fernando also said that he had no idea who was doing it in the first place. It was only when he was shown proof that the troll had access to the account that his story changed and he then said that the PW was changed. 

Then there's the latest thing where Beta also lied about having no idea who was involved with it. In short, there's just no way to know when someone from TB is lying or not. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Nightrain is the shittiest fan club ever. It actually negetively impacted my mental health when I briefly had a membership there. Fighting with Warchild is a fucked up activity. Its like terminal cancer. It just keeps spreading no matter how hard you try

Funny, one of my proudest moment as a fan forum member, was when I got him permabanned from newgnr by tricking him into saying racist stuff. 

• Like 2

What is the evidence that TB gave access to the account to the troll? And what account are we talking about? The account could be fake, it could be hacked...

Just playing Devil's Advocate here while trying to understand it all :)

Not sure how many times you want me to repeat this: the Uzi Suicidal account is what were taking about. It's not fake. It was created years ago by the band specifically to deal with online copyright issues. TB were shown screen shots of the troll having accessed that account with their own credentials. 

If you're truly asking the same questions again to clarify, then I don't know how much clearer I can make it. Myself and the rest of the leadership here has a longstanding history of being open and honest with the fanbase. We also have a long history of gathering all of the facts surrounding any particular situation before we speak publicly on it. All I can tell you is that we've done that in this situation and now we're continuing our longstanding policy of being open and honest with our users about it. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

First things first; so if TB or someone in GNR are doing the takedowns themselves, then why would GNR social media make a post recently asking fans to tag their videos? If Beta is so annoyed with fans complaining about videos being taken down, maybe GNR social media shouldn't be encouraging fans to take videos, post them and tag GNR in them.... 

I was under the impression that Uzi Suicidal was an account created to sound a bit like Uzi Suicide by 'those that will not be named' and wasn't officially related to the band in any way?  Is this wrong? 

Edit: posted this just after you posted the above, which has answered my question! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Not sure how many times you want me to repeat this: the Uzi Suicidal account is what were taking about. It's not fake. It was created years ago by the band specifically to deal with online copyright issues. TB were shown screen shots of the troll having accessed that account with their own credentials. 

What I meant was, where is that account found? Facebook? Youtube? Mygnrforum? I don't think you actually answered that.

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I was under the impression that Uzi Suicidal was an account created to sound a bit like Uzi Suicide by 'those that will not be named' and wasn't officially related to the band in any way?  Is this wrong? 

If so, this is very different to "one of the trolls was given access to an account that the GN'R team created". Then it just sounds like someone was impersonating the band to more effectively take down videos.

What I meant was, where is that account found? Facebook? Youtube? Mygnrforum? I don't think you actually answered that.

Email. It's an email account that was made within the band with the specific purpose of handling online copyright issues. Let's say that a website was posting leaks, that account would be the one to reach out to whomever runs the account and let them know to remove the material or legal action would ensue. In this case, the account was continously used to contact YouTube for that purpose. 

Based on screenshots of conversations that I've seen published elsewhere (maybe some of them on this forum, too - I'm not sure):

- One of said people ("Alfred") had claimed last year that he was taking down videos on behalf of TB.

- Later, in another conversation, he denied he was acting for TB.

- More recently, he admitted he was behind the "Uzi Suicidal" account that was taking down videos and also that he had targeted certain fan youtube channels as vengeance to those fans. He claimed, though, that he stopped doing it after 2018.

- Recently again, he claimed that he and two other individuals had been part of a "copyright brigade" that was reporting videos on behalf of Universal. He said again that he stopped doing that after 2018 and he isn't doing it anymore, but one of the other individuals (the "mysterious" one) may be doing it still.

- The "Fernando" account on reddit said that "third parties" had been using a youtube account owned by the band to take down videos and that when TB was informed about this they had the account closed. This claim was very odd, as it implied that those individuals were either given access to the band account or that they hacked it ("Fernando" didn't clarify which one it was).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2