Copyright Strikes....

10 hours ago, downzy said:

Because whoever had taken over the account found other avenues to take down videos.  As others have pointed out, various recoding associations like the RIAA and IFPI were used to take down videos.  

IFPI doesn't care whether the complaint comes from the copyright holder or not.  It will act on a complaint from anyone.  

Wouldn’t that mean that this thing could go on forever and we’re basically fucked? Cause I don’t realistically see Nando stepping in, having a big round table with CEOs or at least HRs of these concerns...

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

Wouldn’t that mean that this thing could go on forever and we’re basically fucked? Cause I don’t realistically see Nando stepping in, having a big round table with CEOs or at least HRs of these concerns...

Theoretically, yes.  

Copyright issues have become a big thorn for everyone on video streaming sites.  Unfortunately no platform has figured this out yet.  

Pertaining to disinterested third parties pulling down material such as the IFPI and RIAA, it doesn't seem to be happening to anyone else, does it? There are entire Neil Young and Stones boots online which I can access through Youtube by just typing something like ''Stones/Young live 1969/1976''. I have just accessed The Beatles live in Washington 1966, full proshot of the biggest band to have ever existed in human history! 

Just Guns N' Roses!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Pertaining to disinterested third parties pulling down material such as the IFPI and RIAA, it doesn't seem to be happening to anyone else, does it? There are entire Neil Young and Stones boots online which I can access through Youtube by just typing something like ''Stones/Young live 1969/1976''. I have just accessed The Beatles live in Washington 1966, full proshot of the biggest band to have ever existed in human history! 

Just Guns N' Roses!

This.

4 hours ago, Popcorn crew said:

Does every video from every era was taken down regardless year or just from NITL tour?

Any video that someone searched and posted here or on any relatively big Facebook group/page or Twitter account. It doesn’t matter if it’s NITL, CD, UYI or AFD era. The motherfuckers that are taking these down don’t even have to look for the videos because those places make it easier for them.

That’s why there are some videos from this leg of the tour still online. If you upload a video and it stays online for the first 2 or 3 days (because on YouTube you can filter by most recent), then you’re good. It will be there until someone finds it and posts it on one of the places I mentioned above. After that, the video and all of the others GNR-related from that channel will be deleted (more than 3 videos deleted —> channel deleted).

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Thanks 1

On 29-10-2019 at 10:22 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Uzi Suicidal LLC began pulling stuff down long before the Saskatoon/boxset era takedowns. Someone earlier posted a link to a 2013 mygnr thread discussing their prohibitions but, and I might be wrong here, I believe they were pulling stuff down before 2013. Perhaps 2011-2 if I had to give you a rough estimate? 

They were. Waaaay before all that. I had the Brian May Catcher on my channel before or around the time CD got released. It got removed, Uzi Suicidal was behind it. So it goes way back.

Edited by UcudBmine
  • Like 2

On 29/10/2019 at 4:36 PM, downzy said:

And to provide a little context, when this was brought to management's attention, one of the first questions we got back was "What is the IFPI?"

The they are the "management" team of one of the world's biggest bands, and the fact that they don't know what the IFPI is speaks volumes. :facepalm:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

The they are the "management" team of one of the world's biggest bands, and the fact that they don't know what the IFPI is speaks volumes. :facepalm:

Totally. And Axl doesn't give a fuck about any of this. He considers TB family, he is having fun on tour and is printing $ with every concert :shrugs:

Why anyone on here thinks any different is odd to me.

• Like 1

Are you the real Mysteron?   You go waaay back....one of the first posters I remember having a legit "insider" cred.

One time I pretended to be you in a chat for about five minutes, pretending to "know stuff," but I immediately felt guilty and logged off.  I'm not a dishonest person and I'm absolutely shit at lying, so I was unable to be one of these people impersonating others or having fake alt accounts.  

5 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Are you the real Mysteron?   You go waaay back....one of the first posters I remember having a legit "insider" cred.

One time I pretended to be you in a chat for about five minutes, pretending to "know stuff," but I immediately felt guilty and logged off.  I'm not a dishonest person and I'm absolutely shit at lying, so I was unable to be one of these people impersonating others or having fake alt accounts.  

Haha, funny :) I am, but it was a long time ago, stay on topic 

Well they finally removed my This I love video from 2016 Tuesday. IFPI was the responsible party. Actually someone reported it after seeing it on this thread. It had been on youtube eight months until I shared it here. Three or four days later poof, it was gone. 

2 hours ago, JustRnR said:

Well they finally removed my This I love video from 2016 Tuesday. IFPI was the responsible party. Actually someone reported it after seeing it on this thread. It had been on youtube eight months until I shared it here. Three or four days later poof, it was gone. 

I had a video from 9 years ago get pulled a few months ago.  It's very random.  

It was clumsily shot video of something I have never watched since it was uploaded.  So no big loss to me. 

Meegan has on her Instgram  all of Nightrain . Great side stage video looking at the band and crowd .  It should stay up unless she ,who knows the boss, owner,  and writer  of the song, takes it down. Lol. He, the boss, Slash approves so that  should  be choice being the boss.  Her Instagram had removal before and it was not by her. This was absolutely ridiculous.  I just cannot get over that.                                     Dangerous

Edited by Amaya

https://youtu.be/_3hnNstue4s

I went and saw Rose Tattoo recently here in Brisbane, Australia, and they were awesome!  It brought back great memories of them and Guns together on stage here DownUnder :-)     Enjoy !

Edited by DownUnderScott
Add more description
  • Thanks 1