Copyright Strikes....

54 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

That recent video of Axl falling was given a copyright takedown by Blojo, so here's a compilation of Axl falling that has no GNR music and so can't be taken down.

Suck it, Blojo.

Hahaha, that video is great. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FRANSAD said:

So to prevent that from happening I'm looking into doing a narrative explainer video with all the recent happenings in chronological order. 

But in order to create a good one I need a good script. So i'm looking for volunteers who can write a good script that i can use to create a decent explainer video. The ultimate goal is to reach the mainstream media hoping they will pick the story up!!

Just tried to PM you about this, but it says you can't receive messages. 

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Just tried to PM you about this, but it says you can't receive messages. 

Yeah it was loaded till 100% so thats why it was pretty quiet with pms lately lol, i just created some space, not sure if its smart to say that here ;-)

I have such a small channel on YouTube of like 252 subscribers and I've posted so many of my own videos from the shows over the years and the latest from Vegas was copyright from universal according to the email I got. It's a joke its my video, I really dont get it, it's not like I make money from it. Can anyone explain to me why they get pulled?

52 minutes ago, FRANSAD said:

Well, it's a long story, but you asking this is another reason to create an explainer video, the same goes for the numerous 'innocent' YouTubers that suddenly lost their channels which they, in some cases, had for years without any problem. All because TB felt the need to put some idiots in charge of removing videos from YT. While they could have easily made a statement about it so people would know and have peace with it. But no instead of that they asked people to share and tag them into any gnr related video for easy removal. What a way to treat your fans, think it's about time to repay them with an unremovable video and tag em all over it.  /end of rant.

Obviously the rant bit is yesterday's news, but if you can find a way to fix this, then that'd be a good thing 

9 hours ago, FRANSAD said:

Well, it's a long story, but you asking this is another reason to create an explainer video, the same goes for the numerous 'innocent' YouTubers that suddenly lost their channels which they, in some cases, had for years without any problem. All because TB felt the need to put some idiots in charge of removing videos from YT. While they could have easily made a statement about it so people would know and have peace with it. But no instead of that they asked people to share and tag them into any gnr related video for easy removal. What a way to treat your fans, think it's about time to repay them with an unremovable video and tag em all over it.  /end of rant.

I didnt really want to believe it was TB or whoever they put In charge but if that's the case then I'm pissed off. Been forever a fan gone to countless amount of shows since 02 and just put a few vids from different concerts for fans who dont get the chance to see them up. Not interested in making money or whatever so it makes no fucking sense. 

1 hour ago, zombux said:

those clowns were in no way responsible for bringing the two back, so there's no need to thank them. I guess it happened pretty much despite them. 

Wow I remember you from the cd.com days back in 06! Nice to see you appear again man

2 hours ago, Guns N Roses 4 Lyf said:

I didnt really want to believe it was TB or whoever they put In charge but if that's the case then I'm pissed off. 

TB denies they are behind it. There are some clowns that take down videos, and they will claim TB asked to do it. Whether that is true or not, they probably do it because they think they are doing TB/GN'R a favor. Then it is likely the label is taking down videos too, and I think we all hope that it is in anticipation of a UYI box set, although that doesn't seem to fit very well with what is being taken down. So who knows?

At best Team Brazil allow it to occur and implicitly endorse it by failing to clarify situation and condemn culprits, who let's not forget have delivered up threats and abuse to fellow fans. At worst Team Brazil certainly are sanctioning it and the individuals are merely worker bees. Either way, Team Brazil (and Del) are utterly dire people.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

58 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

TB denies they are behind it. There are some clowns that take down videos, and they will claim TB asked to do it. Whether that is true or not, they probably do it because they think they are doing TB/GN'R a favor. Then it is likely the label is taking down videos too, and I think we all hope that it is in anticipation of a UYI box set, although that doesn't seem to fit very well with what is being taken down. So who knows?

Not too plausible indeed. For this amount of absurdity to make any sense, we'd have to be talking about some major, massive release containing heaps of pro-shot videos from the UYI era plus maybe the backstage documentation etc. I don't know, man. There might be some remastered release like in the case of AfD Locked n' Loaded, but I'm seriously not expecting anything of the said magnitude. And in such case, this whole thing is just pathetic. 

Edit: And yes, they've been taking down everything. Doesn't make sense. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

I haven't posted on any GNR forum for quite some time and haven't taped, shared GNR shows for quite some time.

However, I have previously shared quite a few shows back in the old days.  Here is my 2 cent.

I cant honestly understand why they don't embrace things such as YT as opposed to fighting it.  Many bands such as Metallica have embraced this culture even to the point of releasing every live show to the community and making money off it - fans get the shows, the band make money and finds a happy medium.

What is clear is that TB do not have the knowledge, skills or motivation to actually look at the community and think of ways that will please the fans and meet the need of the 'business model'.  They cant even provide the argument that we want to protect the content of the shows when it is the same setlist and the tour has been going since 2016!

It smacks of 'the fans will still pay to see the shows YB videos or not' which is  pretty petty and shitty way of treating a community that has stuck with the band despite period after period of non activity.  I would have more respect if they just came out and said 'we don't like YT videos and we will take down any videos that are put on' - at least we would have absolute clarity where they stand.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They could profit from it! They are not even good at the thing they prioritise, cash! Fans would buy far more Kissology type things (or Metallica style downloads of every show) than toy trucks and beach towels. 

Absolutely - it is about them embracing technology.  Everyone has a camera phone, lots of people use YT - don't fight it, join it and make it into something that can benefit the band and the business

33 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They could profit from it! They are not even good at the thing they prioritise, cash! Fans would buy far more Kissology type things (or Metallica style downloads of every show) than toy trucks and beach towels. 

Right? Exactly. Again, that would require their management to incorporate a guy who understands this approach and is able to manage this side of fandom/merch business. 
The trouble is, they’ve quite apparently chosen the old black-or-white approach, meaning "we’ve had some serious issues with 'external' people (managers), so fuck it, we’ll manage everything ourselves now", even though TB is not really competent enough to do this job, as we can see. 

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

At best Team Brazil allow it to occur and implicitly endorse it by failing to clarify situation and condemn culprits, who let's not forget have delivered up threats and abuse to fellow fans. At worst Team Brazil certainly are sanctioning it and the individuals are merely worker bees. Either way, Team Brazil (and Del) are utterly dire people.

1000% this. 

And for me, TB denying it means absolutely nothing. TB are the same people who claimed they had no idea it was going on, long after they'd be been shown proof it was happening. 

Then after they started choosing to acknowledge it, changed their tune and said they knew about it but didn't know who was doing it. 

They were shown several times proof of who was doing it and that those people were claiming to be working with TB. 

Then Beta went and directly lied to a fan via Instagram, where she changed back to claiming to have no idea who was doing it. 

I'm not sure how we're supposed to decide which of TBs lies are true.... 

They never have any shortage of defenders though, because they known exactly what carrots to dangle to which type of fans hoping for some connection to the band. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1