Copyright Strikes....

3 minutes ago, Pele said:

Unfortunately not.  His fixation is Axl Rose, and to a lesser extent Jim Morrison

big fan myself, i even have Axl on my forearm(AFD cross tattoo) but i think this level of fixation shown by JH is on another level. some would even say unhealthy type of level.

no offence intended on this next question Pele but as you know so much i have to ask. is your real name Joel ? 

Just now, donny said:

big fan myself, i even have Axl on my forearm(AFD cross tattoo) but i think this level of fixation shown by JH is on another level. some would even say unhealthy type of level.

no offence intended on this next question Pele but as you know so much i have to ask. is your real name Joel ? 

The level of fixation is fascinating tbh, and has been frankly bizarre for 20 years - since GNROnline days

No offence taken, but no, my name isn't Joel.

would be nice if we had some rules to follow.

a lot of stuff gets taken down, a lot doesn't. 

how can we define the boundaries ? where is the red line ? 

without knowing this a lot of good honest fans are being crippled online, not knowing they are doing anything wrong.

i think its time mr tuscaloosa spoke out and said what he is doing and why he is doing it. just let us know where we stand. 

1 minute ago, Pele said:

Ask him on  Nightrain but he won't talk.

i sent Alfred a Facebook message some time ago just to try and talk on an adult one to one constructive type basis. i got ignored. you would think someone with so much hatred against them and they spend so much time online telling people to retract their statements like he does on Reddit would want a middle man to get the point across but no, nothing. 

i think i would get the very same zero response from Joel if i tried. 

Believe it or not, a lot of this originated on Jarmo's forum.  Jarmo ended up denouncing the guy as a fictional character....

"since you're now trying to use this site and also me to publicly validate this 'characters' existence, it's gonna stop right here.
It's funny, I'm talking about this alleged person, but I might as well be talking about Superman or maybe Goofy. All of them are about as real as 'he' is to me."

This was 12 years ago - he saw through the lies quite early on

Edited by Pele

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Who Axl is in fact a reincarnation of...his regression therapist says so...for $500 a session.

And that is likely the connection.  He will blindly follow/support whoever Axl does.

On the old forum operated by MSL - he was quite right wing and very critical on all things Islam.  He detested Islam and caused a lot of upset to a Muslim member over there.

As soon as Axl announced he was Democrat, he because a huge left wing anti trump campaigner.  Literally, the day after Axl announced it.

That is what you're dealing with here.

Edited by Pele

Been away from this forum for quite a while.....

Anything major happening since the "Reunion"? 

Any new leaks (CD era / new?) 

Any interesting gossip?

I'm up as far as the surprise reunion, have seen them a few times and enjoyed it and all that and have seen news reports of possible new album which as usual, band members confirm is real :)

Other than the AFD re-release, is that pretty much it? 

3 minutes ago, NEU-YORK said:

Any interesting gossip?

I'm up as far as the surprise reunion, have seen them a few times and enjoyed it and all that and have seen news reports of possible new album which as usual, band members confirm is real :)

Well there's the HOB2001 pro-shot that leaked, as well as Ritz 1987 and Saskatoon 1993, also both pro-shot. 

20 hours ago, Pele said:

And that is likely the connection.  He will blindly follow/support whoever Axl does.

On the old forum operated by MSL - he was quite right wing and very critical on all things Islam.  He detested Islam and caused a lot of upset to a Muslim member over there.

As soon as Axl announced he was Democrat, he because a huge left wing anti trump campaigner.  Literally, the day after Axl announced it.

That is what you're dealing with here.

Perhaps some more editing is needed. "...he because a huge left wing and trump campaigner..."  

Axl mentioned in 2012 how he usually leans democrat like how California usually does so his lack of voting doesn't really affect anything, years before Trump announced his candidacy. 

And being critical of extremism or extremist tendencies in Islam, or any religion for that matter, indicates nothing 'right wing' about a person. 

8 hours ago, NEU-YORK said:

Any interesting gossip?

- Some "new" leaks - rough demos of Silkworms and Oh My God, with scratch BBF guitar tracks leaked, House of Blues 2001 proshot video, early 2000's era versions of The Blues and Madagascar, and a really inaudible phone recording of The General from a aftershow party in 2010 

-  In terms of gossip, there isn't too much beyond just the drama behind why Izzy wasn't part of the reunion and why Steven didn't have a bigger role.  That and the video takedowns which is just really a bunch of crazy unnecessary shit involving a couple of attention seeking knuckleheads playing GNR police

-  And yeah pretty much it!  Saskatoon '93 leaked and that is a great kickass classic era show.  GNR played Slither and Shadow of Your Love live last year, I don't know if you know that at this point but I found that really exciting

Edited by WhazUp

23 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Who Axl is in fact a reincarnation of...his regression therapist says so...for $500 a session.

How can a person be a reincarnation of someone when they both were alive at the same time?😄 Axl would've been 9 years old when Morrison bought it.  Sounds like that therapist was worth every penny.

• Haha 3

Just now, lame ass security said:

How can a person be a reincarnation of someone when they both were alive at the same time?😄 Axl would've been 9 years old when Morrison bought it.  Sounds like that therapist was worth every penny.

Well there’s an easy way out of that one, Jim died and became a demon and possessed Axl...it’d take a few sessions to get to that one though :lol:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well there’s an easy way out of that one, Jim died and became a demon and possessed Axl...it’d take a few sessions to get to that one though :lol:

Ah, but I can counter that, lol.  A true demon was never human.  Didn't Axl claim that he was possessed by a native American or something?  Btw, it's sad that I'm discussing this crap on a Saturday night.😄

• Haha 1

On 01/03/2019 at 1:26 PM, action said:

I get that they are a "company" and a company wants to make profit and piracy hurts their profit, but....

not counting the appetite boxset, the last GNR related purchase of mine was in...2008 (chinese democracy) and before that I guess 2005 when I bought the spaghetti incident.

that's three purchases in 15 years (one of them an old release) and I'm a die hard GNR fan. and here is the kicker: I WANT to buy stuff, i NEED to buy stuff. but there's a whole lotta nothing.

I don't know how these guys paid the wages of their personell, all these years

The only GN'R related purchases I've made in the last 10 years have all been bootlegs, because there's literally sod all else. I didn't even buy the Appetite remaster (someone gifted me the 2CD set). In fact, all this takedown bollox has actually made me buy more bootleg CDs/DVDs, just so I know the shows are safe in my collection - bagel boy's plan to "protect" GN'R's copyright or whatever seems to be working just fine :lol:.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 10:06 PM, WhazUp said:

- Some "new" leaks - rough demos of Silkworms and Oh My God, with scratch BBF guitar tracks leaked, House of Blues 2001 proshot video, early 2000's era versions of The Blues and Madagascar, and a really inaudible phone recording of The General from a aftershow party in 2010 

-  In terms of gossip, there isn't too much beyond just the drama behind why Izzy wasn't part of the reunion and why Steven didn't have a bigger role.  That and the video takedowns which is just really a bunch of crazy unnecessary shit involving a couple of attention seeking knuckleheads playing GNR police

-  And yeah pretty much it!  Saskatoon '93 leaked and that is a great kickass classic era show.  GNR played Slither and Shadow of Your Love live last year, I don't know if you know that at this point but I found that really exciting

Thanks for the updates! Yeah they didn't play Slither or SOYL in any of the shows I saw but I saw the vids online. Shadow was amazing but wasn't too mad about Axl's Slither vocal. That solo though!!!!!!! 

On 2019-03-02 at 4:35 PM, lame ass security said:

Ah, but I can counter that, lol.  A true demon was never human.  Didn't Axl claim that he was possessed by a native American or something?  Btw, it's sad that I'm discussing this crap on a Saturday night.😄

Axl & a Native American came to me in a dream Saturday night, they beckoned me to follow them into a desert. I slowly walked behind them thinking it was a trifle unnecessary to see the crack in Axls arse, but followed with caution and listened as Axl and the Indian discussed how much more comfortable the Indian felt in Axls white shorts.

A crow passed overhead and I overheard the Indian say “Slash” amidst the rest of his native tounge, which Axl spoke fluently it seemed. Axl responded by shouting “Nein” and kicking the old Indian in the shins repeatedly.   

We walked on for at least 8 minutes and Axl lit a cigarette, I asked if I could have one and he passed me a cigarette, stuck on a bic pen, I pulled this ridiculous thing off and Axl lit a match off the cheek of his ass and passed it to me after he had lit his pen. 

I asked Axl where we were going, he said not to ask questions, as there was no one around to sign an NDA. The Indian did however point towards the horizon and said “over there” in accented English. Thus spake the super guru....

We walked another 7 minutes and a figure appeared, hazy with the heat in the distance. Seemed like they had their hand on their hip. As we got closer I could see a blue shirt, black leather pants, brown boots and sunglasses. It was Fernando. He ran up and jumped into Axls arms. “Is he here” Axl asked, yes, around the corner replied Fernando...

We’re in a fucking desert, what corner Fernando, I think to myself, when along comes Keith Richards, McBob and Melissa.

Richards and the Indian crack a joke about Axls ass and then McBob says it’s ready. 

It appears Mellisa is some form of port key and once her hair is touched by Richards, suddenly this space/time continuum thing gets fucked and I’m vaulted forward into a room with Jim Morrison, Axl & The Indian.

Jim is having a toke, I gladly accept his herb, as it beats Axls bic pen cigarettes. Immediately Morrison brings up the Izzy\Reunion conversation, Axl looks bored. It seems they have had this discussion before. The Indian looks at me and rolls his eyes.

Morrison and the Indian start to speak in whispered tones, a dialect Axl appeared unfamiliar with. Frequently glancing at me and Axl. Axl sat quitely, took out a scrap of paper, wrote something down with his smoke, put the paper back in his pocket and stared out the window into the desert. 

Morrison and the Indian appeared to have concluded their conversation, and then the Indian stood up. 

If you cook them, they will come. The Indian said solemnly. Axl looked at Morrison with tears in his eyes.

“It’s true” Morrison says, “The Indian speaks the true word brother” 

Axl just sat repeating “if you cook them, they will come” over and over. He looked distraught. What does it mean he asked me over and over.  

“Fucked if know, probably something to do with Taco Bell” I reply...

I’ve had enough of this nonsense. 

I stood up, shook hands with Morrison thanked him for his refreshment, said “Toksa” to the Indian.

Told Axl to get the fuck out of these stoner weight watchers meetings he had dragged me to and into the studio. 

I got a taxi home.

Fuck the desert.  

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

On 2019-03-01 at 8:29 AM, allwaystired said:

I don't really want to get too involved in the speculation here, but I think there's a point worth mentioning. 

These bootlegs have (or have had) intrinsic value to some people in the past. Bootlegs have been sold, traded and even used as some sort of 'status tool' by weird individuals. The "I've got something you haven't, so I'm special" attitude. The latter issue is incredibly important to sad little people who have absolutely nothing in their lives. They're the kid in the playground who has no friends, is disliked, but has the one sticker or trading card others need to complete their collection. It makes them feel big. 

Bootlegs and other material being freely available removes all that. It allows others to have what they might have, removes it's status, and means it can't be sold for money on the blackmarket (something we know was happening). 

These very peculiar individuals have a lot of personal interest in removing this material from the internet - from financial, to personal. They want to protect their own interests: and it's within their own power to do so. They can even cloak it in a veil of righteousness along the lines of 'bootlegging is illegal, we're protecting the artists', but ultimately it boils down to one fact: they're removing it for themselves. 

Just to jump in here, I’ve seen this exact thing happen...Some youtuber posted a cover of the guitar solo from that old sweet child o mine demo that was removed from YouTube and when someone asked him if he had the original video, he goes “yeah but my buddy gave it to me and he doesn’t want me to share it”. Exactly like having a special trading card on the playground...sad.