Copyright Strikes....

Years ago when Axl played that small fashion show in NYC I think for some designer or whatever he responded to criticism about real/hardcore fans not being able to get in by saying something like 'I don't know what hardcore/real fans even means' with the implication that anyone who buys a ticket or a celeb or fashionista who just wants to hear sweet child is every bit as much of a fan. 

Someone here also had a backstage convo with Axl where Del kept trying to pull Axl away and the fan was trying to explain that the negativity and criticism online is 95% not hate and trolling but from caring deeply and being frustrated. Axl eventually told Del to leave it and seemed to at least think about what the fan was saying. But overall k think we're all just lumped into a nuisance category and not even considered anymore. 

17 hours ago, Mysteron said:

Also, if it was Fernando on Reddit, why the hell post and annoy him into silence. Where is the sense in that. He was trying to be nice and give out information, but no, people have to go and criticise TB then he just disappears.

But he wasn't trying to be nice though, he was an absolute dick to everyone he spoke to, hence why he got the response that he did. It seemed he only opened a Reddit account so he could rage at anyone who said mean things about his toy trucks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah. Maybe Izzy doesn't know how youtube works and that he can monetize the videos uploaded by others.

Yeah, my videos aren't monetized and he could do it if he wanted to... Izzy is just a simple man doing simple things. Maybe he didn't even want the monetization and chose to just delete it.

3 minutes ago, default_ said:

Yeah, my videos aren't monetized and he could do it if he wanted to... Izzy is just a simple man doing simple things. Maybe he didn't even want the monetization and chose to just delete it.

Well, he said that his songs being posted on youtube amounted to his work being stolen, so maybe he believed that the uploaders monetized the videos.

• Like 3

That Izzy video was uploaded to Youtube within 24 hours of the song being officially released commercially so it's a bit different. Izzy was charging $0.99 for the song on iTunes/Amazon etc, so I can see why he might get annoyed when a fan immediately puts it on YouTube where everyone gets to hear it for free.

There's probably an argument to be made that if fans hear the song on YouTube they will go and buy it on iTunes, but since Izzy has been actively releasing music commercially for years it should be up to him how it's offered. And he was offering free 30-60 second samples too so people could get a feel for the song before buying :)

• Like 4

Yes, I basically think Team Brazil gave the two crazy fans the authority to act on their behalf to save themselves (and Rose) from opprobrium if it all comes out publicly. The crazy fans were sycophantic - probably just happy to be communicating with Beta - so it was quid pro quo. It is an obvious explanation. The way TB view the forum/communities (outside the brown nosing ones), they'd have seen it as a way to ''strike back'' as it is evident TB/Del/others hate the ''freer'' fan communities. This is the likely explanation. 

• Like 3

I haven't spoken to whether Fernando is an asshole or to what extent TB is behind the takedowns. That is immaterial to my point that this shouldn't be a case of playground "they insulted us so now we will insult them!" If we really want to resolve this issue, which is to prevent the takedowns from happening, it would make more sense to try to convince TB that they should do something about it, instead of just digging us into a deeper hole by going on the attack. 

Conflict resolution 101 :lol:

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I haven't spoken to whether Fernando is an asshole or to what extent TB is behind the takedowns. That is immaterial to my point that this shouldn't be a case of playground "they insulted us so now we will insult them!" If we really want to resolve this issue, which is to prevent the takedowns from happening, it would make more sense to try to convince TB that they should do something about it, instead of just digging us into a deeper hole by going on the attack. 

That will never happen, they prefer to defend the culprits, allow racism by these people against fans who spend a lot of money going to the shows, they have zero desire to clarify or fix anything. They do not give a damn about the true fans who have stuck by the band for 30 years.  And that is not an attack, just the honest truth which has been proven by the actions of TB. 😕

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

There have been multiple attempts to contact TB - Russ's letter to Del about threats which was basically dismissed with a rant about bootlegging. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Identifying bullshit is crucial to understanding the dynamics of a situation.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

And as I've said many, many times... That's already been tried. 

Also, no is has decided to resort to insults. For my part, I just tell it like I see it. The fact that we allow free speech might be looked at as encouraging insults, but that's not the case at all. 

• GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The letter was to TB overall, but Del got ahold of it. His first reaction was to insult fans. His second reaction was to rant about bootlegging. Then his third and best reaction was to share a fan video of a different artist on his social media the very next day. 

That letter I wrote is a prime example of exactly how far "being nice" to TB, Del and the entire GNR organization gets you. 

Which is nowhere at all. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

The letter was to TB overall, but Del got ahold of it. His first reaction was to insult fans. His second reaction was to rant about bootlegging. Then his third and best reaction was to share a fan video of a different artist on his social media the very next day. 

That letter I wrote is a prime example of exactly how far "being nice" to TB, Del and the entire GNR organization gets you. 

well maybe, just maaaaaybeeeee it might be time for some HC fans to stop being humble and polite to Ax/TB/Del and whole bunch of that useless fuckers and treat them like they treat fans, ex members, people from their past...

People here have tendency to down play reality.  Why not say truth?

Frank is shit?  Sure, but so are Rich and Mel. NITL is reunion tour? Sure as hell it ain't!  It is a half assed attempt to grab some money and have mediocre musicians play the parts of the ones that should be there but Axl doesn't want to share money with.

This is practicaly Slash and friends show.  Nobody is there for Axl's singing today or Duff's playing.  Surely not for Frank/Rich/Mel. Remove Slash from equation - this team is back to club sizes.

With every line up, this band was less and less Guns N Roses.  Gilby and Matt were not GNR?  Well how many generations down the line from them are Rich and Frank?

Today is 2019, when was 1991?  What did Axl do post 1993? Nothing!  Let's stop pretending CD was any good.  None of the songs there had any potential of the UYI level.  If you were to remove one track of UYI's, no CD track would have potential to replace.   OK...My World could have easily been on CD...  

Apart from Slash playing his parts, Duff playing his,  Axl's singing is at the low point, Frank and Rich play other ppl's parts - but worse and that is about it.

It is all being managed by people who transfered from house cleaners to rock managers and failed wannabe authors to people who live of Axl's money, while telling him people who helped create the music they all live off from last 30 years should not be let back in the band or share equal amount with.

CD, the leaks, the tours, the merch - it is all a far cry from what it once was.  The passion, the edge...nothing there anymore.  Just Slash's playing, big lights, XXL screens and Mickey Mouse trying to sing GNR songs with 1/3 of selist being covers.

Welcome to GNR world 2019.  Kind of forseabe with Live Era release - 1999.  One big scam.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

well maybe, just maaaaaybeeeee it might be time for some HC fans to stop being humble and polite to Ax/TB/Del and whole bunch of that useless fuckers and treat them like they treat fans, ex members, people from their past...

People here have tendency to down play reality.  Why not say truth?

Frank is shit?  Sure, but so are Rich and Mel. NITL is reunion tour? Sure as hell it ain't!  It is a half assed attempt to grab some money and have mediocre musicians play the parts of the ones that should be there but Axl doesn't want to share money with.

This is practicaly Slash and friends show.  Nobody is there for Axl's singing today or Duff's playing.  Surely not for Frank/Rich/Mel. Remove Slash from equation - this team is back to club sizes.

With every line up, this band was less and less Guns N Roses.  Gilby and Matt were not GNR?  Well how many generations down the line from them are Rich and Frank?

Today is 2019, when was 1991?  What did Axl do post 1993? Nothing!  Let's stop pretending CD was any good.  None of the songs there had any potential of the UYI level.  If you were to remove one track of UYI's, no CD track would have potential to replace.   OK...My World could have easily been on CD...  

Apart from Slash playing his parts, Duff playing his,  Axl's singing is at the low point, Frank and Rich play other ppl's parts - but worse and that is about it.

It is all being managed by people who transfered from house cleaners to rock managers and failed wannabe authors to people who live of Axl's money, while telling him people who helped create the music they all live off from last 30 years should not be let back in the band or share equal amount with.

CD, the leaks, the tours, the merch - it is all a far cry from what it once was.  The passion, the edge...nothing there anymore.  Just Slash's playing, big lights, XXL screens and Mickey Mouse trying to sing GNR songs with 1/3 of selist being covers.

Welcome to GNR world 2019.  Kind of forseabe with Live Era release - 1999.  One big scam.

Time to hear some bootlegs from 1991 man. U need that. Forgive this shit. 

Has Team Brazil ever tried to shut down this forum?  Given their history and this site’s record of open dialogue (especially relative to other GnR outlets), I am surprised they haven’t made an attempt.

I still can’t understand why TB would sanction the video takedowns. Maybe Bridge School and Rio 2011 since they were so epically terrible. But why takedown content that shows the band in a favorable light. It defies logic