Copyright Strikes....

On 11/18/2019 at 6:17 PM, Nice Boy said:

Neighbours, ouch! 😅

Speaking of neighbours.. When the Paris PPV show was aired in 1992, we didn't have satellite TV at home, and I was sad I couldn't watch it. As I roamed about in our front garden I suddenly heard the show magically begin - our next door neighbour was watching it. I didn't know them to ask if I could join them. So I ended up listening to it in our front garden, occasionally catching a glimpse of it through the window of our neighbour. So frustrating, but what ya gonna do, lol. 

Good stuff.  You could've either played on their sympathy to let you in to watch or offered up some loot.😄

40 minutes ago, FRANSAD said:

There's plenty of em, but as soon as the link to it gets to poor child's attention he will run to his mommy and report it.

I only posted the link here and it was only a throwaway account, this once more proofs that it's lurking here day and night and I really wonder why this website still doesn't need an account to be able to read along.

Funny how this maggot always claims to hate mygnr to the bone while in fact, he is spending more time here than the average user. 

That's the thing: because of VPNs, poor child and their friend(s) can always just make new accounts. 

We do our best to get rid of the alts as we spot them, but they have so many of them through the VPNs that it wouldn't matter if we made the site private anyway. 

What we need desperately is for the couple of well known trolls to just do something with their lives other than be known for ruining the lives of GNR fans. 

Never gonna happen, I know. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

That's the thing: because of VPNs, poor child and their friend(s) can always just make new accounts. 

We do our best to get rid of the alts as we spot them, but they have so many of them through the VPNs that it wouldn't matter if we made the site private anyway. 

What we need desperately is for the couple of well known trolls to just do something with their lives other than be known for ruining the lives of GNR fans. 

Never gonna happen, I know. 

What about a section that you can’t access until you have like 500-1000 posts? They do that on another forum and it seems to work pretty well for keeping undesirables out. Would make it more difficult for newly created troll accounts. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Dazey said:

What about a section that you can’t access until you have like 500-1000 posts? They do that on another forum and it seems to work pretty well for keeping undesirables out. Would make it more difficult for newly created troll accounts. 

After having read the announcement @downzy made, is this at all feasible? Would you still get complaints then? I know back in the day we used to have a members only section, so it should be possible to have something like that again? It would suck for everyone who's just a lurker, of course, but it would help some at the very least.

How sad is it to think they'll go touring and we'll find no videos at all here? :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

That could be an option, maybe. @downzy

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cineater said:

How does that rule apply to posting links to live streams of concerts?

It means no more links to live streams either. 

Sucks, yes I know.  But this is the result of TB not wanting to do anything to limit the damage, let alone address the issue properly.  

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, cineater said:

How does that rule apply to posting links to live streams of concerts?

I would assume it'll be the same, which is insanely unfortunate. 

I assume all of these types of links will still be readily available on GNR Truth though, because there's just no end to the hypocrisy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, janrichmond said:

There's also no real members :awesomeface:

Agreed, the site is almost completely dead except the person who asked the question about links to live streams, mojo and mojos many, many alt accounts. 

Really sad state of affairs. The funny thing is, mygnr will always be the place to discuss GNR. Taking away live stream and YouTube links isn't going to create the friends mojo is desperate for. 

• GNFNR 1

22 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I would assume it'll be the same, which is insanely unfortunate. 

I assume all of these types of links will still be readily available on GNR Truth though, because there's just no end to the hypocrisy. 

Don't know, I post concert links here and at HTGTH.  There is a policy about links but I don't know what it is.  The main board is open, you can look if you want.  There's lots of links to news stories.

I vote if we violate the rules with the program that allows this site access to the net and can no longer post concert links, the board consider moving to the one HTGTH is using.  Concert links are allowed there.  Sorry, not very net savvy but you get what I mean.

3 minutes ago, cineater said:

Don't know, I post concert links here and at HTGTH.  There is a policy about links but I don't know what it is.  The main board is open, you can look if you want.  There's lots of links to news stories.

I vote if we violate the rules with the program that allows this site access to the net and can no longer post concert links, the board consider moving to the one HTGTH is using.  Concert links are allowed there.  Sorry, not very net savvy but you get what I mean.

LOL, solid side stepping on your part. 

Here's the difference: HTGTH isn't under constant attack from your white knight buddy who runs Truth. So HTGTH doesn't have to deal with this BS like we do 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cineater said:

Arent you a regular on the asylum?

• Like 1