Copyright Strikes....

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That could be an option, maybe. @downzy

The only problem with that is, people like me, who have been "lurking" forever but dont post get kicked to the curb. I get all my info from here, but don't post because I dont feel like, in most instances, i have anything of substance to add.  I've been following the band since 1987, seen then them 8-10 times, and consider myself a legit fan of the band. There are a lot of people here that have great info and insight into the band, and its nice to be able to come here and see it.  If you make it so people have to have a certain amount of posts to get in, youre gonna get a lot of people who just post replies solely to get in.  Has to be a better way. I got tossed out of Truth 2-3 years ago for posting that I liked the site better when it was run by MSL and his wrestling buddies - banned FOREVER; tried twice to re-register, only to be denied, and later contacted by someone from there saying not to bother trying again; me and my 15 posts werent welcome.  So, punted out of 1 site for expressing my opinion, and then potentially blocked from another, far better, legitimate site for not expressing my opinion enough?

THIS SITE IS WAY ABOVE THAT! 

I dunno - if you want to make it an exclusive site, where post count is the only thing that matters, would that be doing the legitimate, i love the band but dont have the time to post about them all day, fans any good?  We aren't the issue here - its the pyschopathic, lonely, mentally disturbed people like fuckball at Truth that you need to block. I just think it would be a shame to tell people like me, who do no harm to the site (and in many ways help by not adding our 2 cents 20 times a day just to have our voices heard)  that we aren't qualified to be members...thats my 2 cents...once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

Just read Downzy's update, wtf is making these clowns so eager to take away shit from fans?

Do you think a guy that works at a bagel shop can afford to pay $1200 to go to a GNR show? And it just so happens to be Rick who gets banned for life for allegedly leaking the discs but Alfrod and MSL who are known hoarders and leakers get free VIP front row tickets and are allowed at shows anytime does anyone think that is sketchy at all?

6 minutes ago, Bluefish18 said:

The only problem with that is, people like me, who have been "lurking" forever but dont post get kicked to the curb. I get all my info from here, but don't post because I dont feel like, in most instances, i have anything of substance to add.  I've been following the band since 1987, seen then them 8-10 times, and consider myself a legit fan of the band. There are a lot of people here that have great info and insight into the band, and its nice to be able to come here and see it.  If you make it so people have to have a certain amount of posts to get in, youre gonna get a lot of people who just post replies solely to get in.  Has to be a better way. I got tossed out of Truth 2-3 years ago for posting that I liked the site better when it was run by MSL and his wrestling buddies - banned FOREVER; tried twice to re-register, only to be denied, and later contacted by someone from there saying not to bother trying again; me and my 15 posts werent welcome.  So, punted out of 1 site for expressing my opinion, and then potentially blocked from another, far better, legitimate site for not expressing my opinion enough?

THIS SITE IS WAY ABOVE THAT! 

I dunno - if you want to make it an exclusive site, where post count is the only thing that matters, would that be doing the legitimate, i love the band but dont have the time to post about them all day, fans any good?  We aren't the issue here - its the pyschopathic, lonely, mentally disturbed people like fuckball at Truth that you need to block. I just think it would be a shame to tell people like me, who do no harm to the site (and in many ways help by not adding our 2 cents 20 times a day just to have our voices heard)  that we aren't qualified to be members...thats my 2 cents...once.

A) It's just an option being tossed out there by a user at this point, so nothing to get worried about just yet. 

B) I've already explained why it isn't just as simple as blocking certain people from accessing the site. 

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Arent you a regular on the asylum?

Don't know the place.  Guys if you've got any facts other than guilt by association, let me know.  Not that I can do anything about somebody faking to be me but at least I can give you the fact, it's not me. 

The other guy you're talking about, doesn't tell me who I can talk to or what boards I can post at, unlike the two of you.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

A) It's just an option being tossed out there by a user at this point, so nothing to get worried about just yet. 

B) I've already explained why it isn't just as simple as blocking certain people from accessing the site. 

Russ, did the notice come from TB ?. TB know who the offendrrs are so this tells me they dont know or cant manage the offenders. Instances like this why GNR need proper management. This would never had happened in terms of the excessive takedowns online if GNR had proper reputable management.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Russ, did the notice come from TB ?. TB know who the offendrrs are so this tells me they dont know or cant manage the offenders. Instances like this why GNR need proper management. This would never had happened on terms of the excessive takedowns online.

i will give TB at least 6 months before axl fires them, this psycho weird shit cant go on for any longer and it just shows us that TB need mental evaluation more than the people they pay to take down videos

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Rough Mixes said:

i will give TB at least 6 months before axl fires them, this psycho weird shit cant go on for any longer and it just shows us that TB need mental evaluation more than the people they pay to take down videos

The band (axl, slash, duff and probably richard)  cant say they dont know whats going on with the takedowns. U f they know then they are fine with whats happening and accept the lunatic asylum thats "working" on behalf of TB.

Edited by Sydney Fan

1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

The band (axl, slash, duff and probably richard)  cant say they dont know whats going on with the takedowns. U f they know then they are fine with whats happening and accept the lunatic asylum thats "working" on behalf of TB.

it's been proven in the past TB have went behind axl's back and have even paid people with axl's money to not leak stuff and it was wrote off as a tour expense and we only knew about that cause it was in the private emails what else did they not tell axl before and after that?

3 minutes ago, The Rough Mixes said:

it's been proven in the past TB have went behind axl's back and have even paid people with axl's money to not leak stuff and it was wrote off as a tour expense and we only knew about that cause it was in the private emails what else did they not tell axl before and after that?

It beggars beleif. Im really wondering how fernando told axl  of the recent leaks.....because all of those recordings would have come from fernando.

10 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

It beggars beleif. Im really wondering how fernando told axl  of the recent leaks.....because all of those recordings would have come from fernando.

Fernando probably done his usual blame a former employee even though weeks before we knew about the locker fernando was notified and he could have stopped the leaks but instead ignored then the shower of leaks happened axl found out then asked fernando about where did the leaks come from? then fernando said it's zutaut's fault. my guess is that's what happened 

Edited by The Rough Mixes

1 hour ago, The Rough Mixes said:

it's been proven in the past TB have went behind axl's back and have even paid people with axl's money to not leak stuff and it was wrote off as a tour expense and we only knew about that cause it was in the private emails 

The proof for this found in the emails MSL claimed to be real? Excuse me for not taking anything that weasely con-artist who is known for concocting elaborate schemes in an effort to aggrandize his own standing in the fan community or fool people out of money as gospel until it is actually proven.

Edited by SoulMonster

16 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The proof for this found in the emails MSL claimed to be real? Excuse me for not taking anything that weasely con-artist who is known for concocting elaborate schemes in an effort to aggrandize his own standing in the fan community or fool people out of money as gospel until it is actually proven.

TB actually gave him 30k not to leak the emails he even made a video blackmailing TB saying i have info about band members and employees and former employees of the band then we never hear about it again until msl said that they gave him 30k about it and if it was false TB would have sued him for defamation of character 

Edited by The Rough Mixes

4 minutes ago, The Rough Mixes said:

TB actually gave him 30k not to leak the emails he even made a video blackmailing TB saying i have info about band members and employees and former employees of the band then we never hear about it again until msl said that they gave him 30k about it and if it was false TB would have sued him for defamation of character 

Again, don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth and TB doesn't seem to have a habit of suing people who attack them.

Not saying the emails were fake or that MSL were lying (I don't know), just that I object to it becoming a "fact" and "proven" among us hardcores. We do tend to accept appealing rumors as facts because it fits with how we would like reality to be or what we already believe. It's a human thing. But occasionally layers upon layers of accepted rumors shield us from the reality underneath.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Again, don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth and TB doesn't seem to have a habit of suing people who attack them.

Not saying the emails were fake or that MSL were lying (I don't know), just that I object to it becoming a "fact" and "proven" among us hardcores. We do tend to accept appealing rumors as facts because it fits with how we would like reality to be or what we already believe. It's a human thing. But occasionally layers upon layers of accepted rumors shield us from the reality underneath.

i sorta agree with you on that but msl might come off as a snaky person but most of his facts aren't lies he give us the track listing of the alleged 2010 album and 2 songs out of the listing were actually in the storage locker and in the past he has gave us news we didn't know about that came true but still he is not to be trusted.  and sorry mods if this was off topic delete the post if you have to

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

They were Zutaut's tapes from 2000. I don't really see what Fernando would have to do with those specifically.

4 minutes ago, The Rough Mixes said:

i sorta agree with you on that but msl might come off as a snaky person but most of his facts aren't lies he give us the track listing of the alleged 2010 album and 2 songs out of the listing were actually in the storage locker and in the past he has gave us news we didn't know about that came true but still he is not to be trusted.  and sorry mods if this was off topic delete the post if you have to

And I agree with you. Not everything he say is lies. He is good at taking some real info that he has and use it to build up a larger story with fake or exaggerated bits to try to use it in trading to get even more stuff. It is the same way traders work to acquire new songs, only MSL does this with information. But that also means it is really hard to know what is lies and what is factual. I have decided to not trust anything unless it is actually verified somehow because I would hate it if I helped to advance their petty schemes by passing on unverified rumors and claims just because I happen to think they are plausible or because I would like them to be true. That might make me come across as naive and uninformed, but at least I will never realize I have been a pawn in their games.

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

And I agree with you. Not everything he say is lies. He is good at taking some real info that he has and use it to build up a larger story with fake or exaggerated bits to try to use it in trading to get even more stuff. It is the same way traders work to acquire new songs, only MSL does this with information. But that also means it is really hard to know what is lies and what is factual. I have decided to not trust anything unless it is actually verified somehow because I would hate it if I helped to advance their petty schemes by passing on unverified rumors and claims just because I happen to think they are plausible or because I would like them to be true. That might make me come across as naive and uninformed, but at least I will never realize I have been a pawn in their games.

100% agree 

2 hours ago, Lio said:

They were Zutaut's tapes from 2000. I don't really see what Fernando would have to do with those specifically.

I thought it wasnt just the  zutaut tapes. That fernando may have leaked other partially recorded songs  that axl has had from previous CD sessions that were not part of the zutaut locker stuff.

Edited by Sydney Fan

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Russ, did the notice come from TB ?. TB know who the offendrrs are so this tells me they dont know or cant manage the offenders. Instances like this why GNR need proper management. This would never had happened in terms of the excessive takedowns online if GNR had proper reputable management.

The notice came from Invision, the company who hosts the forum. They are receiving DCMA complaints due to YouTube videos posted on the forum. They're saying they've received too many complaints at this point, therefore we (downzy and the rest if leadership) are forced to institute this stupid new rule. 

The complaints themselves are of course coming from the same source as always: the "fan(s:)" who claim they're acting on behalf of Team Brazil. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, cineater said:

Don't know the place.  Guys if you've got any facts other than guilt by association, let me know.  Not that I can do anything about somebody faking to be me but at least I can give you the fact, it's not me. 

The other guy you're talking about, doesn't tell me who I can talk to or what boards I can post at, unlike the two of you.   

Lol get real

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

I thought it wasnt just the  zutaut tapes. That fernando may have leaked other partially recorded songs  that axl has had from previous CD sessions that were not part of the zutaut locker stuff.

As far as I know, it was rumoured Fernando was responsible for the leaks pre-CD, so he may have leaked songs over 10 years ago. Not that it matters.

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The notice came from Invision, the company who hosts the forum. They are receiving DCMA complaints due to YouTube videos posted on the forum. They're saying they've received too many complaints at this point, therefore we (downzy and the rest if leadership) are forced to institute this stupid new rule. 

The complaints themselves are of course coming from the same source as always: the "fan(s:)" who claim they're acting on behalf of Team Brazil. 

Thanks russ.

@Fernando 🖕

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Really?? No wonder you guys are becoming a bit sour at this point. This is getting ridiculous man.

This whole thread is a circus as well.

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, it's a bit much for us to deal with which is the intent. 

I joined the forums around 2002 and I've never censored myself, ever. I've had a LOT of unpopular opinions over the years but I've always stuck by what I believed. I've always tried to be nice in explaining my views, etc but this particular experience is something altogether different. 

I was just explaining this to a user who was spinning records with me at my house the other night. I'm aware that my posts in this thread probably come off as crass and even outright rude, but I'm very passionate about this board and it's community. To see it attacked by "fans" who claim to be working on behalf of the bands management is just infuriating. 

GNR fans have had to put up with so much insane bullshit just to remain a fan of the band. To see then have to deal with this on top of everything they've dealt with in the past two decades, just makes me sick to be honest. 

I often liken being a fan of something to being a parent (not that I am a parent...) 

It's the ones that actually criticize their children, pull them up on shit behaviour, and sometimes make decisions that are unpopular that care the most. 

Mindless, endless and constant praise (or negativity for that matter) isn't a sign you;re a bigger 'fan', it's a sign that you're probably brainwashed and obsessed. Or desperate to be popular. 

N.B. - What new statement from the board are people referring to?  I can't seem to see anything? 

• Like 1