Jump to content
ASLayerAODsk

Copyright Strikes....

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, FRANSAD said:

There's plenty of em, but as soon as the link to it gets to poor child's attention he will run to his mommy and report it.

I only posted the link here and it was only a throwaway account, this once more proofs that it's lurking here day and night and I really wonder why this website still doesn't need an account to be able to read along.

Funny how this maggot always claims to hate mygnr to the bone while in fact, he is spending more time here than the average user. 

That's the thing: because of VPNs, poor child and their friend(s) can always just make new accounts. 

We do our best to get rid of the alts as we spot them, but they have so many of them through the VPNs that it wouldn't matter if we made the site private anyway. 

What we need desperately is for the couple of well known trolls to just do something with their lives other than be known for ruining the lives of GNR fans. 

Never gonna happen, I know. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

That's the thing: because of VPNs, poor child and their friend(s) can always just make new accounts. 

We do our best to get rid of the alts as we spot them, but they have so many of them through the VPNs that it wouldn't matter if we made the site private anyway. 

What we need desperately is for the couple of well known trolls to just do something with their lives other than be known for ruining the lives of GNR fans. 

Never gonna happen, I know. 

What about a section that you can’t access until you have like 500-1000 posts? They do that on another forum and it seems to work pretty well for keeping undesirables out. Would make it more difficult for newly created troll accounts. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dazey said:

What about a section that you can’t access until you have like 500-1000 posts? They do that on another forum and it seems to work pretty well for keeping undesirables out. Would make it more difficult for newly created troll accounts. 

After having read the announcement @downzy made, is this at all feasible? Would you still get complaints then? I know back in the day we used to have a members only section, so it should be possible to have something like that again? It would suck for everyone who's just a lurker, of course, but it would help some at the very least.

How sad is it to think they'll go touring and we'll find no videos at all here? :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dazey said:

What about a section that you can’t access until you have like 500-1000 posts? They do that on another forum and it seems to work pretty well for keeping undesirables out. Would make it more difficult for newly created troll accounts. 

That could be an option, maybe. @downzy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cineater said:

How does that rule apply to posting links to live streams of concerts?

It means no more links to live streams either. 

Sucks, yes I know.  But this is the result of TB not wanting to do anything to limit the damage, let alone address the issue properly.  

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cineater said:

How does that rule apply to posting links to live streams of concerts?

I would assume it'll be the same, which is insanely unfortunate. 

I assume all of these types of links will still be readily available on GNR Truth though, because there's just no end to the hypocrisy. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RussTCB said:

I would assume it'll be the same, which is insanely unfortunate. 

I assume all of these types of links will still be readily available on GNR Truth though, because there's just no end to the hypocrisy. 

There's also no real members :awesomeface:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, janrichmond said:

There's also no real members :awesomeface:

Agreed, the site is almost completely dead except the person who asked the question about links to live streams, mojo and mojos many, many alt accounts. 

Really sad state of affairs. The funny thing is, mygnr will always be the place to discuss GNR. Taking away live stream and YouTube links isn't going to create the friends mojo is desperate for. 

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, no more links at all. What a crying shame that this affects literally the whole forum. Sad that it’s come to this. I guess for any and every link someone may have, it’ll have to be sent via PM? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I would assume it'll be the same, which is insanely unfortunate. 

I assume all of these types of links will still be readily available on GNR Truth though, because there's just no end to the hypocrisy. 

Don't know, I post concert links here and at HTGTH.  There is a policy about links but I don't know what it is.  The main board is open, you can look if you want.  There's lots of links to news stories.

I vote if we violate the rules with the program that allows this site access to the net and can no longer post concert links, the board consider moving to the one HTGTH is using.  Concert links are allowed there.  Sorry, not very net savvy but you get what I mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cineater said:

Don't know, I post concert links here and at HTGTH.  There is a policy about links but I don't know what it is.  The main board is open, you can look if you want.  There's lots of links to news stories.

I vote if we violate the rules with the program that allows this site access to the net and can no longer post concert links, the board consider moving to the one HTGTH is using.  Concert links are allowed there.  Sorry, not very net savvy but you get what I mean.

LOL, solid side stepping on your part. 

Here's the difference: HTGTH isn't under constant attack from your white knight buddy who runs Truth. So HTGTH doesn't have to deal with this BS like we do 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, downzy said:

It means no more links to live streams either. 

Sucks, yes I know.  But this is the result of TB not wanting to do anything to limit the damage, let alone address the issue properly.  

Is this rule just for GN'R affiliated videos? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cineater said:

Don't know, I post concert links here and at HTGTH.  There is a policy about links but I don't know what it is.  The main board is open, you can look if you want.  There's lots of links to news stories.

I vote if we violate the rules with the program that allows this site access to the net and can no longer post concert links, the board consider moving to the one HTGTH is using.  Concert links are allowed there.  Sorry, not very net savvy but you get what I mean.

Arent you a regular on the asylum?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That could be an option, maybe. @downzy

The only problem with that is, people like me, who have been "lurking" forever but dont post get kicked to the curb. I get all my info from here, but don't post because I dont feel like, in most instances, i have anything of substance to add.  I've been following the band since 1987, seen then them 8-10 times, and consider myself a legit fan of the band. There are a lot of people here that have great info and insight into the band, and its nice to be able to come here and see it.  If you make it so people have to have a certain amount of posts to get in, youre gonna get a lot of people who just post replies solely to get in.  Has to be a better way. I got tossed out of Truth 2-3 years ago for posting that I liked the site better when it was run by MSL and his wrestling buddies - banned FOREVER; tried twice to re-register, only to be denied, and later contacted by someone from there saying not to bother trying again; me and my 15 posts werent welcome.  So, punted out of 1 site for expressing my opinion, and then potentially blocked from another, far better, legitimate site for not expressing my opinion enough?

THIS SITE IS WAY ABOVE THAT! 

I dunno - if you want to make it an exclusive site, where post count is the only thing that matters, would that be doing the legitimate, i love the band but dont have the time to post about them all day, fans any good?  We aren't the issue here - its the pyschopathic, lonely, mentally disturbed people like fuckball at Truth that you need to block. I just think it would be a shame to tell people like me, who do no harm to the site (and in many ways help by not adding our 2 cents 20 times a day just to have our voices heard)  that we aren't qualified to be members...thats my 2 cents...once.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

Just read Downzy's update, wtf is making these clowns so eager to take away shit from fans?

 

 

Do you think a guy that works at a bagel shop can afford to pay $1200 to go to a GNR show? And it just so happens to be Rick who gets banned for life for allegedly leaking the discs but Alfrod and MSL who are known hoarders and leakers get free VIP front row tickets and are allowed at shows anytime does anyone think that is sketchy at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bluefish18 said:

The only problem with that is, people like me, who have been "lurking" forever but dont post get kicked to the curb. I get all my info from here, but don't post because I dont feel like, in most instances, i have anything of substance to add.  I've been following the band since 1987, seen then them 8-10 times, and consider myself a legit fan of the band. There are a lot of people here that have great info and insight into the band, and its nice to be able to come here and see it.  If you make it so people have to have a certain amount of posts to get in, youre gonna get a lot of people who just post replies solely to get in.  Has to be a better way. I got tossed out of Truth 2-3 years ago for posting that I liked the site better when it was run by MSL and his wrestling buddies - banned FOREVER; tried twice to re-register, only to be denied, and later contacted by someone from there saying not to bother trying again; me and my 15 posts werent welcome.  So, punted out of 1 site for expressing my opinion, and then potentially blocked from another, far better, legitimate site for not expressing my opinion enough?

THIS SITE IS WAY ABOVE THAT! 

I dunno - if you want to make it an exclusive site, where post count is the only thing that matters, would that be doing the legitimate, i love the band but dont have the time to post about them all day, fans any good?  We aren't the issue here - its the pyschopathic, lonely, mentally disturbed people like fuckball at Truth that you need to block. I just think it would be a shame to tell people like me, who do no harm to the site (and in many ways help by not adding our 2 cents 20 times a day just to have our voices heard)  that we aren't qualified to be members...thats my 2 cents...once.

A) It's just an option being tossed out there by a user at this point, so nothing to get worried about just yet. 

B) I've already explained why it isn't just as simple as blocking certain people from accessing the site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Arent you a regular on the asylum?

Don't know the place.  Guys if you've got any facts other than guilt by association, let me know.  Not that I can do anything about somebody faking to be me but at least I can give you the fact, it's not me. 

The other guy you're talking about, doesn't tell me who I can talk to or what boards I can post at, unlike the two of you.   

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

A) It's just an option being tossed out there by a user at this point, so nothing to get worried about just yet. 

B) I've already explained why it isn't just as simple as blocking certain people from accessing the site. 

Russ, did the notice come from TB ?. TB know who the offendrrs are so this tells me they dont know or cant manage the offenders. Instances like this why GNR need proper management. This would never had happened in terms of the excessive takedowns online if GNR had proper reputable management.

 

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Russ, did the notice come from TB ?. TB know who the offendrrs are so this tells me they dont know or cant manage the offenders. Instances like this why GNR need proper management. This would never had happened on terms of the excessive takedowns online.

 

i will give TB at least 6 months before axl fires them, this psycho weird shit cant go on for any longer and it just shows us that TB need mental evaluation more than the people they pay to take down videos

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Rough Mixes said:

i will give TB at least 6 months before axl fires them, this psycho weird shit cant go on for any longer and it just shows us that TB need mental evaluation more than the people they pay to take down videos

The band (axl, slash, duff and probably richard)  cant say they dont know whats going on with the takedowns. U f they know then they are fine with whats happening and accept the lunatic asylum thats "working" on behalf of TB.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×