Copyright Strikes....

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I often liken being a fan of something to being a parent (not that I am a parent...) 

It's the ones that actually criticize their children, pull them up on shit behaviour, and sometimes make decisions that are unpopular that care the most. 

Mindless, endless and constant praise (or negativity for that matter) isn't a sign you;re a bigger 'fan', it's a sign that you're probably brainwashed and obsessed. Or desperate to be popular. 

N.B. - What new statement from the board are people referring to?  I can't seem to see anything? 

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/223008-no-more-links-to-unofficial-or-unlicensed-content/?tab=comments#comment-4753813

I wonder what would happen if you posted a link to a thread from a different forum (say a forum belonging to some sycophantic freak) which contains said links that are forbidden here...
Technically, no misdemeanour there, right? 
Anyway, I sure as hell am not gonna do anything of the sort.  
This sucks. 

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, it's a bit much for us to deal with which is the intent. 

I joined the forums around 2002 and I've never censored myself, ever. I've had a LOT of unpopular opinions over the years but I've always stuck by what I believed. I've always tried to be nice in explaining my views, etc but this particular experience is something altogether different. 

I was just explaining this to a user who was spinning records with me at my house the other night. I'm aware that my posts in this thread probably come off as crass and even outright rude, but I'm very passionate about this board and it's community. To see it attacked by "fans" who claim to be working on behalf of the bands management is just infuriating. 

GNR fans have had to put up with so much insane bullshit just to remain a fan of the band. To see then have to deal with this on top of everything they've dealt with in the past two decades, just makes me sick to be honest. 

I understand man, and I really appreciate what you people have been doing for this place. There's a reason I've been coming here on and off for 12 years now. 

Thanks for keeping it as real as possible in here and for having the patience to keep explaining the same stuff over and over again. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cineater said:

Don't know the place.  Guys if you've got any facts other than guilt by association, let me know.  Not that I can do anything about somebody faking to be me but at least I can give you the fact, it's not me. 

The other guy you're talking about, doesn't tell me who I can talk to or what boards I can post at, unlike the two of you.   

LOL, Mofo banned me for something I said on this site. All I said was I sometimes question the motives of some of the posters.. Never mentioned him by name.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Thanks for that. 

Bloody hell, it's sad that it's come to that. 

I do wonder what will be left of this band's 'fanbase' pretty soon. 

I bet they wonder why they couldn’t sell 10,000 boxes of vinyl and bs trinkets for a thousand bucks.

Maybe because you treat the fans who would want and possibly buy that type of stuff like unwanted ingrates. Niceness goes a long way in that regard at that price point. It’s a bold strategy moving forward for a legacy act. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

I bet they wonder why they couldn’t sell 10,000 boxes of vinyl and bs trinkets for a thousand bucks.

Maybe because you treat the fans who would want and possibly buy that type of stuff like unwanted ingrates. Niceness goes a long way in that regard at that price point. It’s a bold strategy moving forward for a legacy act. 

That's definitely part of it, yeah. 

I've been saying this for many years now, but GNR (and TB) have mistaken their fans for fans of the Rolling Stones and The Eagles. Just because shit loads of people will fill stadiums to hear Sweet Child, doesn't mean that the average GNR has money to blow on overpriced boxed sets. 

If anything, I'd venture a guess that the GN'R organization is angry with the fan base because GNR ended up with so much egg on their face with the L&L debacle. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's definitely part of it, yeah. 

I've been saying this for many years now, but GNR (and TB) have mistaken their fans for fans of the Rolling Stones and The Eagles. Just because shit loads of people will fill stadiums to hear Sweet Child, doesn't mean that the average GNR has money to blow on overpriced boxed sets. 

If anything, I'd venture a guess that the GN'R organization is angry with the fan base because GNR ended up with so much egg on their face with the L&L debacle. 

Different age group entirely too. Those bands built equity with their fanbases to get to that point over the years. Outside of merch, this band refused to work with each other during down years to grow that section. On top of it, you have canceled tours and the premise of how Axl/GNR relate to their fanbase through their live shows. They’ve never addressed it and fans have never wanted to engage further because of it

Outside of this section of the fanbase and crazies, who’s buying anything outside an album remaster? Their stance/inaction on live videos being one of those gateways to bring fans into the fold and more importantly to another level. 

They are either incredibly short sighted or don’t care. I don’t know which is worse on a management level 

4 hours ago, chandler72 said:

LOL, Mofo banned me for something I said on this site. All I said was I sometimes question the motives of some of the posters.. Never mentioned him by name.

Yeah I got in trouble with him a few times myself, and Jarmo, and the people here, even yelled at by Beta.  It's been a long strange trip here in GNRland.

22 minutes ago, cineater said:

Yeah I got in trouble with him a few times myself, and Jarmo, and the people here, even yelled at by Beta.  It's been a long strange trip here in GNRland.

hold on...Jarmo(ron) was posting here after he banned all Slash/Duff/Matt/Iz/Gilb was at his place and told them to 'find themself another place' early 2000's??

how did Beta yell at you for posting here??

1 hour ago, guitarpatch said:

Exactly. The only portion of any fanbase that buys that kind of crap is us, the hardcore fans, the very same people who the band and management treat like complete shit. And I'm sure a lot of us didn't even think about buying that anyway. I myself settled for the 2 disc set, and that was only beacause someone gifted it to me.

Just look at how they've treated fans who've thrown thousands at the band to follow them on tour.

Fucking idiots. It's almost as if they're deliberately trying to sabotage their own business.

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

hold on...Jarmo(ron) was posting here after he banned all Slash/Duff/Matt/Iz/Gilb was at his place and told them to 'find themself another place' early 2000's??

how did Beta yell at you for posting here??

Oh yeah, those guys are shit disturbers.  :headbang:

No it was over at HTGTH.  Apparently I get in trouble everywhere I go. :lol:  

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Haha please - don't start with this!!  You're one of 3 posters (Mojo, Contemptible and YOU) that contribute to Mojo's forum - and you're all over his chatlog on the homepage.  You're contributing to this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pele said:

Haha please - don't start with this!!  You're one of 3 posters (Mojo, Contemptible and YOU) that contribute to Mojo's forum - and you're all over his chatlog on the homepage.  You're contributing to this.

My favorite part isn't even the denial. It's the hilarious notion that cineater wants us to believe he has to ask questions about the how's and why's of all of these take downs. Lol. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Fucking idiots. It's almost as if they're deliberately trying to sabotage their own business.

I really believe they just don't know what they're doing. They were never meant to manage Guns N' Roses. Axl gave up on finding a professional manager so he just gave the job to Beta and Fernando, people he trusts. But they're not very good at it imo and everytime I read one of Beta's or Fernando's posts I get the feeling they just can't be bothered with any of it. I don't think they give a shit as long as they're making money and keeping Axl happy. The casual fans are still coming to see the (same old) show so it's all good.

We are almost nothing to them. At least that's how I feel as a longtime fan. When you treat the core of your fanbase like shit, that's how you know you're doing a poor job and a disservice to the band really.

Could have been so much cooler with a celebratory feel to it. Instead it's bitterness from us, unwillingness from TB to even see where we're coming from, (even being very rude to people who travel the world to see the band) and psychotic "fans" ruining the experience for everyone.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I really believe they just don't know what they're doing. They were never meant to manage Guns N' Roses. Axl gave up on finding a professional manager so he just gave the job to Beta and Fernando, people he trusts. But they're not very good at it imo and everytime I read one of Beta's or Fernando's posts I get the feeling they just can't be bothered with any of it. I don't think they give a shit as long as they're making money and keeping Axl happy. The casual fans are still coming to see the (same old) show so it's all good.

We are almost nothing to them. At least that's how I feel as a longtime fan. When you treat the core of your fanbase like shit, that's how you know you're doing a poor job and a disservice to the band really.

Could have been so much cooler with a celebratory feel to it. Instead it's bitterness from us, unwillingness from TB to even see where we're coming from, (even being very rude to people who travel the world to see the band) and psychotic "fans" ruining the experience for everyone.

I think they know better. Fernando isn’t dumb to know how important video plays in 2019. That’s not to say TB isn’t to blame for letting this happen or even holding  contempt towards the fanbase. It’s shitty behavior 

The issue is the artist. Every manager has made head scratching decisions, lost control, or catered to their whims. This isn’t anything new and is actually on brand behavior wise if you look back over the last 30 yrs. This stance probably stems from there imo 

It is ironic that TB would market a $1000 box set for GNR hardcore fans and then alienate and discourage those potential buyers by allowing stuff like this to happen.  I know that if I felt more happy as a GNR fan I would have bought some of TB's random trinkets and more expensive items to support them.  But not if we are going to be treated as the enemy for merely wanting great videos of the band to exist for people to enjoy and discover GNR with, to continue existing as is on websites

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

I've always said that GNR are the biggest band in the world to not have any fans. 

People wear their t-shirts because they picked them up as part of an "why not accessorise with an iconic retro-band shirt?" look, or they might go to see them to hear the three songs they know, but actually fans? Nope. I've spoken to countless people around me at GNR gigs while waiting for them to play- barely any of them knew or cared about the band beyond those few singles. 

It's sad, but I've lost heart of the amount of people who have openly laughed at me over the years for saying GNR is my favourite band. it is what it is though. 

That L and L box really showed up two things:

1) How few people genuinely care about the band

2) How those people who genuinely care aren't listened to remotely. That rings, fake-tattoos etc would be wanted by a fanbase such as GNR's, at the age they are,  is very strange. That the fanbase have, or would feel they could justify to themselves, the price-tag is also mad, and probably based on the people who splashed out for absurdly expensive 'VIP' tickets on the tour. If they're going to drop 1000s of dollars on a ticket, they'll do it for a boxset right? Nope....because they're not really fans. They're rich and fickle.  

The thing is though, all those people who are going to the stadium shows won't be there pretty soon. They'll move on, rapidly, as these sorts of people always do. They 'tick a box', get along and see whatever they think they should so as not to feel left out of any hype, then they're gone. 

What then? What next? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

What then? What next? 

TB probably makes another cup of coffee for Axl, Slash and Duff will grab their fat $$$ rewards for the reunion, and the band will just be a marketing brand, which just sells toy trucks, 30 years old setbox with fake plastic skulls, and such stuff we can't even imagine nowadays.

oh. wait.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Its sad we dont have cool new bands to like these days and we have to keep expecting something cool from these old fat cunts that keep fucking the fanbase in the arse in the year of 2019.

I wish I was into fuckin billie elish or whatever its called.

Edited by default_