Copyright Strikes....

41 minutes ago, default_ said:

Its sad we dont have cool new bands to like these days and we have to keep expecting something cool from these old fat cunts that keep fucking the fanbase in the arse in the year of 2019.

I wish I was into fuckin billie elish or whatever its called.

I have a good news for you. there are millions of great bands everywhere, waiting for you to enjoy them, while just having a laugh at how TB ruins everything. it's just all about your taste.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, zombux said:

TB probably makes another cup of coffee for Axl, Slash and Duff will grab their fat $$$ rewards for the reunion, and the band will just be a marketing brand, which just sells toy trucks, 30 years old setbox with fake plastic skulls, and such stuff we can't even imagine nowadays.

oh. wait.

They decide to pay Izzy, Adler, Sorum etc and double dip on the reunion 

Yeah, the "original AfD five is back" schtick would probably allow for another year or two of touring, but I’m afraid it would run its course rather sooner than later. 
And I can already hear the bitching on forums anyway: the chemistry’s gone, it’s not like it used to be in the 80s, Axl can’t sing anymore, Izzy looked weird at Slash at that one moment (did they quarrel in the backstage?), Slash played that note differently than on the album, Steven didn’t handle the tempo well, he needs to be alternating with Matt, Matt wasn’t a part of the original 5, it’s not the original 5 any longer, they played a ChD song and Izzy didn’t handle it well, we need / don’t need Fortus, they keep playing just Appetite and some UYI stuff and it’s stale, they’re playing ChD stuff, which they shouldn’t as it doesn’t belong there, they look old and fat yet they didn’t 30 years ago, the sound is not the same as it was in NY 198x, ...
Yep, I can see it already. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/26/2019 at 2:03 PM, Pele said:

Haha please - don't start with this!!  You're one of 3 posters (Mojo, Contemptible and YOU) that contribute to Mojo's forum - and you're all over his chatlog on the homepage.  You're contributing to this.

I didn't start this war.  I haven't kept it going.  I'm not participating in it. 

Unlike you.

Before it gets any worse, strike up a truce, give peace a chance.

You helped make this mess, clean it up.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, cineater said:

I didn't start this war.  I haven't kept it going.  I'm not participating in it. 

Unlike you.

Before it gets any worse, strike up a truce, give peace a chance.

You helped make this mess, clean it up.

True - but ultimately, you maintain a friendship online with this guy. 

So (in your opinion) what's the story - are we all wrong and he's misunderstood, or is he the weird loner that has lived an online fantasy character for 20 years.

His posts were (and in some cases still are) cataloged online since 2000.  Read them yourself on here (Warchild and Sailaway).  

Do you like this guy? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pele said:

So (in your opinion) what's the story - are we all wrong and he's misunderstood, or is he the weird loner that has lived an online fantasy character for 20 years.

His posts were (and in some cases still are) cataloged online since 2000.  Read them yourself on here (Warchild and Sailaway).  

Do you like this guy? 

Just out of interest, in the public arena, what is your history with the said person. I have always wondered given the constant mention.

Discord was too mobile phony, not my thing, I just wondered.

Just so we are all on the same page, everyone know this is like wwe right? Like it’s not real, this is all fictional. No one has connects with the band not even MSL or really Jarmo. I met Jarmo in Vegas he’s an ok dude. But at the end of the day we are just dudes who listen to the same band and some of us like them way more than others. Kinda like girls who followed the Beatles in the 60s. Axl will never know our names, Slash will never give a fuck. Beta and Fernando don’t care about us (and shouldn’t because they are in charge). We will never influence the band or management. This is a old nostalgia act that has been long in the tooth for shit..at least a decade. I just see these forums turning more and more into a creepo fest. I don’t want to dress up like axl that’s off putting. I don’t care what amp slash uses because I’m me and I jam in my tone. If you care that cool but don’t blow your butt hole because someone may have quoted something or said something wrong. Also there won’t be a new album and I’m 99% sure the band doesn’t care that anyone wants one. And they have half a billion reasons as to why they don’t need to make one. So please everyone lighten the fuck up 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rayvela said:

Just so we are all on the same page, everyone know this is like wwe right? Like it’s not real, this is all fictional. No one has connects with the band not even MSL or really Jarmo. I met Jarmo in Vegas he’s an ok dude. But at the end of the day we are just dudes who listen to the same band and some of us like them way more than others. Kinda like girls who followed the Beatles in the 60s. Axl will never know our names, Slash will never give a fuck. Beta and Fernando don’t care about us (and shouldn’t because they are in charge). We will never influence the band or management. This is a old nostalgia act that has been long in the tooth for shit..at least a decade. I just see these forums turning more and more into a creepo fest. I don’t want to dress up like axl that’s off putting. I don’t care what amp slash uses because I’m me and I jam in my tone. If you care that cool but don’t blow your butt hole because someone may have quoted something or said something wrong. Also there won’t be a new album and I’m 99% sure the band doesn’t care that anyone wants one. And they have half a billion reasons as to why they don’t need to make one. So please everyone lighten the fuck up 

In 25 years or so, the band have only released one album, and it is the forums that have solely kept the band relevant, despite what they may think. All the journos, novelists, everyone came to the forums at some point during this time.

They get popular again with the reunion then appear to burn the bridges that kept them relevant in the first place. For me, alot of people have put a lot of time and effort into the band over many years, and all people are wanting is some kind of recognition, which I see no problem with.

As I said to Downzy, I am guessing the band are wanting to push the band towards social media and let the forums die, but I don't like social media, I am used to forums and there are probably others that feel the same. When the reunion novelty does eventually wears off, we are the ones that are still going to be here because the paper tiger social media people will go toxic very quickly and move onto the new thing whatever that may be.

Edited by Mysteron
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

In 25 years or so, the band have only released one album, and it is the forums that have solely kept the band relevant, despite what they may think. All the journos, novelists, everyone came to the forums at some point during this time.

They get popular again with the reunion then appear to burn the bridges that kept them relevant in the first place. For me, alot of people have put a lot of time and effort into the band over many years, and all people are wanting is some kind of recognition, which I see no problem with.

As I said to Downzy, I am guessing the band are wanting to push the band towards social media and let the forums die, but I don't like social media, I am used to forums and there are probably others that feel the same. When the reunion novelty does eventually wears off, we are the ones that are still going to be here because the paper tiger social media people will go toxic very quickly and move onto the new thing whatever that may be.

Great post!! 👍

1 hour ago, Mysteron said:

Just out of interest, in the public arena, what is your history with the said person. I have always wondered given the constant mention.

Discord was too mobile phony, not my thing, I just wondered.

As Warchild, he was always fairly respectful to you wasn't he?

No history.  I remember him as Infamous, I remembered him as Warchild and Sailaway.  He went away for a bit, then I recognized him as Jim.  Everyone said Warchild/Jim was that woman from Florida (MB) but I could tell that wasn't the case.  Just from the posts he made on MSL's forum, mainly off topic - and comparing them to Maribeth's from before all the Warchild drama, when she was a well respected member of HTGTH.

I decided to look into who he actually was - which led me to his actual self.  Also led me on a real journey of weirdness and odd behavior, a few fictional characters across different websites/communities.

It's a fascinating case.  Basically, he has pretended to be someone from LA connected to the band for 20 years, whilst living in a mobile home in Alabama.  And because he has shown loyalty to the band for over 20 years, Beta communicates with him and gives him info.

Imagine that though - over 20 years.  A big chunk of his adult life - pretending to be a studio engineer from LA!

The dude can actually play guitar, knows a decent amount about the music industry and if he says something about GNR, it's likely accurate.  He'd actually be a decent member of the community if we wasn't a lunatic.

Also Downzy/Russ - I've no plans to name/doxx him.  I believe discussion like this has helped a bit - because he previously operated in the shadows with nobody having a clue who he was.  He now knows people can find out, and I believe it's calmed him down a lot.  The takedowns still happen, but IMO his alleged stalking, intimidation and harassing members seems to have calmed down?

1 hour ago, Rayvela said:

Also there won’t be a new album and I’m 99% sure the band doesn’t care that anyone wants one. And they have half a billion reasons as to why they don’t need to make one. So please everyone lighten the fuck up 

So just to be clear: you don't actually know anything, yet you can predict the future? the reason for making an album could be to stop being a nostalgia act/cause that's what bands do/cause it can be a great excuse for touring some more.

21 minutes ago, Pele said:

As Warchild, he was always fairly respectful to you wasn't he?

No history.  I remember him as Infamous, I remembered him as Warchild and Sailaway.  He went away for a bit, then I recognized him as Jim.  Everyone said Warchild/Jim was that woman from Florida (MB) but I could tell that wasn't the case.  Just from the posts he made on MSL's forum, mainly off topic - and comparing them to Maribeth's from before all the Warchild drama, when she was a well respected member of HTGTH.

I decided to look into who he actually was - which led me to his actual self.  Also led me on a real journey of weirdness and odd behavior, a few fictional characters across different websites/communities.

It's a fascinating case.  Basically, he has pretended to be someone from LA connected to the band for 20 years, whilst living in a mobile home in Alabama.  And because he has shown loyalty to the band for over 20 years, Beta communicates with him and gives him info.

Imagine that though - over 20 years.  A big chunk of his adult life - pretending to be a studio engineer from LA!

The dude can actually play guitar, knows a decent amount about the music industry and if he says something about GNR, it's likely accurate.  He'd actually be a decent member of the community if we wasn't a lunatic.

Also Downzy/Russ - I've no plans to name/doxx him.  I believe discussion like this has helped a bit - because he previously operated in the shadows with nobody having a clue who he was.  He now knows people can find out, and I believe it's calmed him down a lot.  The takedowns still happen, but IMO his alleged stalking, intimidation and harassing members seems to have calmed down?

They were always respectful. As for lunacy, there's a bit of it in a lot of us. 

I may be getting old, but I have fond memories of everything, Warchild, Dark, MSL, Jarmo, Madison Eric and here, Jarmo and me over there, cd.com, newgnr.com. I like gnrevo and their thing, I like the gnfnr and their odd little community. For me it is all good. We have our own little gangs and although gnr might find it challenging, it is all about fans and their own ways of running their own communities, but deep down, there is a fan in there somewhere otherwise they would never post.

We are a quirky community, but it is not for social media

Cineater's reading :) So also the Dizzy Reed place and the GN'R bar, before it all went ezboard. Lisa Reed used to post on the Dizzy Reed board before their separation.

Edited by Mysteron

3 hours ago, Pele said:

Do you like this guy? 

You're using me to further your war.  I'm asking you to stop the war.

Just an idea

If GN'R are choosing to disconnect, maybe unban everyone. Let everyone back, let the characters return with a single name, Madison if you are there, let's have some fun.

It'd be good to see Highvoltage and UK Subs back, let's just party. Throw caution to the wind and let people do their thing.

Could be fun

21 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

They were always respectful. As for lunacy, there's a bit of it in a lot of us. 

Respectful to you, yes.

It wasn't much fun being MB when she was doxxed, and people called her house, and her work, and she was banned from all forums and ridiculed in every GNR community (and still is).

All because she believed this guy was Axl Rose, and she believed that backing him and defending him at every opportunity would result in them meeting.

4 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

Just an idea

If GN'R are choosing to disconnect, maybe unban everyone. Let everyone back, let the characters return with a single name, Madison if you are there, let's have some fun.

It'd be good to see Highvoltage and UK Subs back, let's just party. Throw caution to the wind and let people do their thing.

Could be fun

It's fun, until this guy writes to your employer with posts you made 10 years ago that could be classed as controversial.  Or contacts your wife on Facebook because you once said you'd bang someone you saw on TV.

That's what you're potentially dealing with.

It's also worth point out he was very right wing, anti gay, VERY anti Islam etc until Axl mentioned he was democrat.  He immediately turned into a far left supporter, posting anti-Trump memes almost daily!

Yes, this guy changed his whole political outlook to match that of his favorite singer!!

Edited by Pele

1 minute ago, Pele said:

Respectful to you, yes.

It wasn't much fun being MB when she was doxxed, and people called her house, and her work, and she was banned from all forums and ridiculed in every GNR community (and still is).

All because she believed this guy was Axl Rose, and she believed that backing him and defending him at every opportunity would result in them meeting.

I can understand that, but you have to let it go, whether you are MB or whoever else.

You can only control the present and future, but not the past.

Rather than changing the forum I would just give it up. Guns and TB are a band of arseholes and not worth supporting to be honest. They are also thoroughly boring - it isn't as if there is much to discuss? This doesn't mean a forum of (now former) Guns fans can produce discussions about other things such as about bands who actually release albums, films, politics and other things. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Rather than changing the forum I would just give it up. Guns and TB are a band of arseholes and not worth supporting to be honest. They are also thoroughly boring - it isn't as if there is much to discuss? This doesn't mean a forum of (now former) Guns fans can produce discussions about other things such as about bands who actually release albums, films, politics and other things. 

But some of us are still fans of this band and want to discuss it in this forum. There are still Gn'R related topics to discuss (latest big one being the leaks for example)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

I can understand that, but you have to let it go, whether you are MB or whoever else.

You can only control the present and future, but not the past.

It doesn't really work like that though does it - who you want me on your forum if I'd gone out of my way to get you or your spouse sacked from their job, or contacted your wife to tell her thing about you?

Or would you think I was a weirdo and remove me from your forum for your own safety and the safety of your members?

24 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

This is it though, fans become embittered and give up, and that is maybe what they are wanting.

At the moment, there is a common thing about YouTube takedowns, whatever it is, these places have to endure and find a way forward. To be fair to the band, they are still active and will probably remain active. My point is, if they are disconnecting from the forums, there are ways of making it more interesting. Social media is full of flakey folk that will disappear.

The forums have forever been about community and drama, and it can continue to be that

Edited by Mysteron
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pele said:

It doesn't really work like that though does it - who you want me on your forum if I'd gone out of my way to get you or your spouse sacked from their job, or contacted your wife to tell her thing about you?

Or would you think I was a weirdo and remove me from your forum for your own safety and the safety of your members?

Are you related?