Copyright Strikes....

5 minutes ago, Pele said:

Am I related to Warchild? No.

Or to MB? either way - no!

Then, just let it be. It is not ur fight to fight. They still exist and do their thing. 

It'd be good to hear you talk about other things. Pele the gnr fan or Pele the sports fan. Anything really

23 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

Then, just let it be. It is not ur fight to fight. They still exist and do their thing. 

It'd be good to hear you talk about other things. Pele the gnr fan or Pele the sports fan. Anything really

With respect, no.  I think this guy's behavior needs highlighting.

• Like 2

Again, I don’t get the logic. People who upload shaky cell-phone recordings from gigs and thus promote the band for free are being hunted down, yet selling decades old tapes for thousands of dollars on e-bay is ok?

Fuck me if I ever wanted to live in a universe where this is fine.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Again, I don’t get the logic. People who upload shaky cell-phone recordings from gigs and thus promote the band for free are being hunted down, yet selling decades old tapes for thousands of dollars on e-bay is ok?

Don't forget that leaking unreleased or to be released stuff will earn you 10K, but posting some innocent self-filmed nugnr short clips will have your channel deleted. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

46 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Copyright law is simply outdated. What you stated is legally acceptable. The band/label has no grounds to demand those tapes be returned and can be sold without their permission. They just can’t be duplicated or distributed 

10 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Copyright law is simply outdated. What you stated is legally acceptable. The band/label has no grounds to demand those tapes be returned and can be sold without their permission. They just can’t be duplicated or distributed 

Perhaps, but I’m talking about some deeper principles.

Just now, jamillos said:

I believe their principles are pretty consistent across the board now. They don’t want any of that stuff available. I believe they’d demand all of those tapes returned if they were allowed as well

We can surely disagree with that stance though 

10 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Principles don't exist with these people when it comes to making a quick buck. 

I think I've said before - I liken these people to the kid at school no one likes who goes to the shop and buys all the packets of stickers, mainly to stop others getting them. He'll happily sell you them at an inflated price though. What that kid never realises though is that rather than making him popular, or the envy of others, everyone just thinks he's a dick and further avoids him.....and they also lose total interest in the stickers altogether. So the kid gets more and more aggressive with people who have a few stickers themselves, perhaps even reporting them to teacher for having them in school. While still trying to sell theirs at school. He might give away one or two stickers to try and inflate his own ego. But ultimately everyone still shuns him, and continues to lose interest in the stickers. 

It's so pathetic it's unreal. And it's probably pathetic of me to be here posting about it all if I'm being honest with myself! 

If I didn't come to the forums though, I don't think I'd have any interest in GNR anymore. All I'd be aware of is that I loved them in the 80s/90s, they hadn't done anything for years and years, just did a tour trading heavily on the past, and that was it. It's coming to forums since 2002 that have kept this band my favourite band of all time for sure, hearing stories, learning stuff from people that know things about the history of the band I didn't, and sharing thoughts, despite all the bullshit. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Flake said:

How is someone allowed to be a part of this forum who is friends with those psychopaths? Dont get it.

I kind of wonder that too.  I'm mean if they truly believe the narrative they started against me, why don't they throw me out?  I don't follow what's happening between these groups.  I think it's all childish but they keep trying to suck me into it.  I don't know anything, I don't participate in it and I don't want to be in on it.  I feel like they do to me what they say these other folks are doing.  I'm a pawn here and I know it.

2 hours ago, downzy said:

Guys and gals, I realize that this entire situation sucks and there's nothing but justifiable vitriol for those responsible, but let's cool the fuck yous and fuck offs for now.  

Thanks.

Thank you.  I don't want to be in this either.  Happy Holidays

If TB doesnt want forums to exist and have all discussions via the bands social media, can  TB send this site some sort of a cease and desist order in an attempt to close down all forums?. Do TB "care" about any fan comments via their social media rather than forums like these?.

All i can say is that the way SMKC manage social media and the way they communicate to their fans is so much more professipnal than GNR management.

• Like 2

On 11/30/2019 at 1:06 PM, Pele said:

Your participation keeps his site running.  Without you, he'd be talking to himself.

To be fair, he's done that before.

He used to have his own little private forum full of sock puppets that were clearly all orchestrated by one person, and he'd carry on conversations with himself in an attempt to make it look as if multiple users were online.

This wasn't too long after her cyber-bullied me when I was underage (it started when I was about 14 or 15 and literally continues to this day. I'm now 31).

To quote Buzz Lightyear: a sad, strange little man. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Estranged Reality said:

To be fair, he's done that before.

He used to have his own little private forum full of sock puppets that were clearly all orchestrated by one person, and he'd carry on conversations with himself in an attempt to make it look as if multiple users were online.

This wasn't too long after her cyber-bullied me when I was underage (it started when I was about 14 or 15 and literally continues to this day. I'm now 31).

To quote Buzz Lightyear: a sad, strange little man. 

Which one was that ER?  I remember him on GNR International with FaridBak :lol:

Madness isn't it - to think this guy started this on GNROnline when he was still in his 20's!!!!  Most of his adult life, he's pretended to be this edgy character from LA!!  In reality, he's been in Mobile Homes in Tuscaloosa and Northport Alabama!

Edited by Pele

49 minutes ago, Pele said:

Which one was that ER?  I remember him on GNR International with FaridBak :lol:

Madness isn't it - to think this guy started this on GNROnline when he was still in his 20's!!!!  Most of his adult life, he's pretended to be this edgy character from LA!!  In reality, he's been in Mobile Homes in Tuscaloosa and Northport Alabama!

oh, hi Mojo, good to see you here :) thanks for sending takedown to that funny aXXL vid! too bad it was mirrored and kept spreading further.