Copyright Strikes....

On 12/8/2019 at 9:10 PM, cineater said:

It boggles you're mind. :lol:  Okay, maybe I am of some interest in the GNR community.

You're really saying that the cineater who is one of half a dozen posters/Mojo alts who still posts on Truth is NOT you? The one with nearly 7,000 posts who is presumably the same cineater Mysteron is talking about so glowingly from the old GNR Bar days?

Just had a look at that place and it's hilarious. For one thing, the first page is full of threads about ex and current members. There was a time you couldn't say anything positive about the classic lineup without being cussed out and anything negative about the New era without being cussed out. 

There's also an upcoming tour setlist thread that opens with this post: "Anyone know? I like the current setlist, hope stays the same."   Then Mojo accurately predicts Locomotive which happened. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, I just had a copyright strike come out the blue from allegedly "universal media group" the problem with that being is that universal music and guns and roses had been monetizing my video since the day it went up a few years ago. When I clicked contact the person making the claim it was a.webber1972@gmail.com somehow I don't think a.webber works for universal so I have put my channel on the line and sent a counter-notice. gonna back up my videos now.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, rossthebassist said:

Well, I just had a copyright strike come out the blue from allegedly "universal media group" the problem with that being is that universal music and guns and roses had been monetizing my video since the day it went up a few years ago. When I clicked contact the person making the claim it was a.webber1972@gmail.com somehow I don't think a.webber works for universal so I have put my channel on the line and sent a counter-notice. gonna back up my videos now.

It's such a bummer that this horseshit is still going on. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

A.webber1972@gmail.com is a fake takedown artist. If you submit a counter notification you will win. He claims also to be from IFPI London as well. It may take a while since youtube/google is so slow in getting to counter notifications. It takes 10-15 business days minimum to wait if they respond to the counter notification. Even then you should send daily emails to google/youtube to see when the videos will be reinstated after the 15 business days expire . Anyone have a contact with Guns N Roses management to shut this stuff down? I cant believe this is still happening over a year later with the same email address. Who is this guy/person claiming to be a.webber1972@gmail.com?

Edited by Jim Powers
misspelling

3 minutes ago, Jim Powers said:

A.webber1972@gmail.com is a fake takedown artist. If you submit a counter notification you will win. He claims also to be from IFPI London as well. It may take a while since youtube/google is so slow in getting to counter notifications. It takes 10-15 business days minimum to wait if they respond to the counter notification. Even then you should send daily emails to google/youtube to see when the videos will be reinstated after the 15 business days expire . Anyone have a contact with Guns N Roses management to shut this stuff down? I cant believe this is still happening over a year later with the same email address. Who is this guy/person claiming to be a.webber1972@gmail.com?

No idea who that email belongs too, but at a guess I'd say it's one of the same couple of "fans" with nothing better to do than troll GNR fans. 

To answer your other question, yes, we've been in contact several times with members of GNR management. The situation has been explained clearly and repeatedly to them. They've made it clear that they just don't care enough to help the fans out. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

On 2/2/2020 at 1:56 PM, RussTCB said:

No idea who that email belongs too, but at a guess I'd say it's one of the same couple of "fans" with nothing better to do than troll GNR fans. 

To answer your other question, yes, we've been in contact several times with members of GNR management. The situation has been explained clearly and repeatedly to them. They've made it clear that they just don't care enough to help the fans out. 

That is so sad. 

• Like 1

On 02/02/2020 at 8:56 PM, RussTCB said:

Wow crazy. I think Nightrain make it very clear who they support. 

• Sad 1

On 02/02/2020 at 8:56 PM, RussTCB said:

I'd love for them to put that in a statement, not giving a shit about someone being threatened because they uploaded a low quality recording from a live gig. Absurd! If the channel also had Appetite for democracy in full as well as tons of bootlegs then A1 fire away and take down the site, phone videos are not equal to pro shots!

If this happened to another similarly sized band, lets say U2 or Metallica... they'd set their lawyers on the culprits and it would be over with.

Why are GNR not doing anything? because Axl gets loads of stick for his voice / appearance live and he / they know it. If there's no evidence, then people are none the wiser! Stupid position to take, the sensible thing would be get in shape and practice more... but that man still thinks everyone is against him, including his fans! 

The whole "don't talk about Axl, because you have no clue" is hilarious... such incompetence, I'm surprised they get anything done!

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I'd love for them to put that in a statement, not giving a shit about someone being threatened because they uploaded a low quality recording from a live gig. Absurd! If the channel also had Appetite for democracy in full as well as tons of bootlegs then A1 fire away and take down the site, phone videos are not equal to pro shots!

If this happened to another similarly sized band, lets say U2 or Metallica... they'd set their lawyers on the culprits and it would be over with.

Why are GNR not doing anything? because Axl gets loads of stick for his voice / appearance live and he / they know it. If there's no evidence, then people are none the wiser! Stupid position to take, the sensible thing would be get in shape and practice more... but that man still thinks everyone is against him, including his fans! 

The whole "don't talk about Axl, because you have no clue" is hilarious... such incompetence, I'm surprised they get anything done!

Every streaming platform has multiple Artist or Label Relations rep positions. If they wanted to contact and stop takedowns, they could either go through the label or reach out themselves. I’m sure they’d listen And try and find a solution to one of their biggest content makers...

However something tells me they are ok with all of this. Even if it wasn’t “sanctioned”

• GNFNR 1

• 3 months later...

That's nice and all, but this has been ongoing for... two years now? In all honesty, much longer than that, since I can remember UziSuicidal being used to take down videos at least a decade ago, but not on the scale it reached after Saskatoon leaked.

And TB has been aware. Almost the entire time. I'll believe it when it actually happens, just like anything else with this band. I have a hard time believing TB wasn't involved. The only way I see something happening about were if Axl found out, actually was pissed and not happy about it, and forced Fernando to deal with it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pele said:

Videos can be removed independently anyway.  The take-downs don't need to come from an authorized organisation.  An individual or unrelated third party can report a video to YouTube leading to it's take-down

This is the major issue.

By and large labels allow live videos to stay up on Youtube as they're basically free advertising, but legally they can claim or take down pretty much any live video (fair use only goes so far).

So if someone wanted to keep flagging videos they could keep doing it.

I think the best course of action would be an offical bootleg account to archive video (but that will never happen).

Also LMAO at Fernando admitting to wanting to abuse the copyright system to censor criticism. Mad lad.

14 minutes ago, Pele said:
  • UziSuicidal was an account created by the label, that GNR Management had access to.  It was set up to remove any video that painted GNR in a bad light
  •  

Would be cool if the content can get reinstated though. Would be a good show of faith.

This situation and the COVID 19 crisis makes the perfect time to release official live material from the 80s - 2016. Give the fans their GN'R live experience back via. official releases with CDs, DVDs, Streams, YouTube Videos on their official YT Channel.  The possibilities are endless. It's not like the band has to invent something new. Everything is there! Even if you ignore bad performances, there is plenty of good material available.

On 19/05/2020 at 1:58 PM, nycgunner said:

WSJ had an article last week on fake copyright claims and Google.  Doesn’t expressly pertain to GNR, but it’s relevant for the broader topic. 

Great article, the YouTube copyright system is pretty broken.

Also on a more general term is that image above meant to be the 'proof' people refer to as to TB being involved in the take downs?

• 4 weeks later...