Jump to content
ASLayerAODsk

Copyright Strikes....

Recommended Posts

Well, I just had a copyright strike come out the blue from allegedly "universal media group" the problem with that being is that universal music and guns and roses had been monetizing my video since the day it went up a few years ago. When I clicked contact the person making the claim it was a.webber1972@gmail.com somehow I don't think a.webber works for universal so I have put my channel on the line and sent a counter-notice. gonna back up my videos now.

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rossthebassist said:

Well, I just had a copyright strike come out the blue from allegedly "universal media group" the problem with that being is that universal music and guns and roses had been monetizing my video since the day it went up a few years ago. When I clicked contact the person making the claim it was a.webber1972@gmail.com somehow I don't think a.webber works for universal so I have put my channel on the line and sent a counter-notice. gonna back up my videos now.

It's such a bummer that this horseshit is still going on. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A.webber1972@gmail.com is a fake takedown artist. If you submit a counter notification you will win. He claims also to be from IFPI London as well. It may take a while since youtube/google is so slow in getting to counter notifications. It takes 10-15 business days minimum to wait if they respond to the counter notification. Even then you should send daily emails to google/youtube to see when the videos will be reinstated after the 15 business days expire . Anyone have a contact with Guns N Roses management to shut this stuff down? I cant believe this is still happening over a year later with the same email address. Who is this guy/person claiming to be a.webber1972@gmail.com?

 

Edited by Jim Powers
misspelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jim Powers said:

A.webber1972@gmail.com is a fake takedown artist. If you submit a counter notification you will win. He claims also to be from IFPI London as well. It may take a while since youtube/google is so slow in getting to counter notifications. It takes 10-15 business days minimum to wait if they respond to the counter notification. Even then you should send daily emails to google/youtube to see when the videos will be reinstated after the 15 business days expire . Anyone have a contact with Guns N Roses management to shut this stuff down? I cant believe this is still happening over a year later with the same email address. Who is this guy/person claiming to be a.webber1972@gmail.com?

 

No idea who that email belongs too, but at a guess I'd say it's one of the same couple of "fans" with nothing better to do than troll GNR fans. 

To answer your other question, yes, we've been in contact several times with members of GNR management. The situation has been explained clearly and repeatedly to them. They've made it clear that they just don't care enough to help the fans out. 

  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2020 at 1:56 PM, RussTCB said:

No idea who that email belongs too, but at a guess I'd say it's one of the same couple of "fans" with nothing better to do than troll GNR fans. 

To answer your other question, yes, we've been in contact several times with members of GNR management. The situation has been explained clearly and repeatedly to them. They've made it clear that they just don't care enough to help the fans out. 

That is so sad. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2020 at 8:56 PM, RussTCB said:

No idea who that email belongs too, but at a guess I'd say it's one of the same couple of "fans" with nothing better to do than troll GNR fans. 

To answer your other question, yes, we've been in contact several times with members of GNR management. The situation has been explained clearly and repeatedly to them. They've made it clear that they just don't care enough to help the fans out. 

Wow crazy. I think Nightrain make it very clear who they support. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2020 at 8:56 PM, RussTCB said:

No idea who that email belongs too, but at a guess I'd say it's one of the same couple of "fans" with nothing better to do than troll GNR fans. 

To answer your other question, yes, we've been in contact several times with members of GNR management. The situation has been explained clearly and repeatedly to them. They've made it clear that they just don't care enough to help the fans out. 

I'd love for them to put that in a statement, not giving a shit about someone being threatened because they uploaded a low quality recording from a live gig. Absurd! If the channel also had Appetite for democracy in full as well as tons of bootlegs then A1 fire away and take down the site, phone videos are not equal to pro shots!

If this happened to another similarly sized band, lets say U2 or Metallica... they'd set their lawyers on the culprits and it would be over with.

Why are GNR not doing anything? because Axl gets loads of stick for his voice / appearance live and he / they know it. If there's no evidence, then people are none the wiser! Stupid position to take, the sensible thing would be get in shape and practice more... but that man still thinks everyone is against him, including his fans! 

The whole "don't talk about Axl, because you have no clue" is hilarious... such incompetence, I'm surprised they get anything done!

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I'd love for them to put that in a statement, not giving a shit about someone being threatened because they uploaded a low quality recording from a live gig. Absurd! If the channel also had Appetite for democracy in full as well as tons of bootlegs then A1 fire away and take down the site, phone videos are not equal to pro shots!

If this happened to another similarly sized band, lets say U2 or Metallica... they'd set their lawyers on the culprits and it would be over with.

Why are GNR not doing anything? because Axl gets loads of stick for his voice / appearance live and he / they know it. If there's no evidence, then people are none the wiser! Stupid position to take, the sensible thing would be get in shape and practice more... but that man still thinks everyone is against him, including his fans! 

The whole "don't talk about Axl, because you have no clue" is hilarious... such incompetence, I'm surprised they get anything done!

Every streaming platform has multiple Artist or Label Relations rep positions. If they wanted to contact and stop takedowns, they could either go through the label or reach out themselves. I’m sure they’d listen And try and find a solution to one of their biggest content makers...

However something tells me they are ok with all of this. Even if it wasn’t “sanctioned”

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FRANSAD said:

In fact, it's even worse as it has been proven they are just lying about the whole situation, telling us that they have no clue about who's responsible is just plain bullshit. Sooner or later it will backfire on them 

xOT17hn.jpg

I feel like the Beta youtube is a troll

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's nice and all, but this has been ongoing for... two years now? In all honesty, much longer than that, since I can remember UziSuicidal being used to take down videos at least a decade ago, but not on the scale it reached after Saskatoon leaked.

And TB has been aware. Almost the entire time. I'll believe it when it actually happens, just like anything else with this band. I have a hard time believing TB wasn't involved. The only way I see something happening about were if Axl found out, actually was pissed and not happy about it, and forced Fernando to deal with it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Pele said:

Videos can be removed independently anyway.  The take-downs don't need to come from an authorized organisation.  An individual or unrelated third party can report a video to YouTube leading to it's take-down

This is the major issue.

By and large labels allow live videos to stay up on Youtube as they're basically free advertising, but legally they can claim or take down pretty much any live video (fair use only goes so far).

So if someone wanted to keep flagging videos they could keep doing it.

I think the best course of action would be an offical bootleg account to archive video (but that will never happen).

Also LMAO at Fernando admitting to wanting to abuse the copyright system to censor criticism. Mad lad.

14 minutes ago, Pele said:
  • UziSuicidal was an account created by the label, that GNR Management had access to.  It was set up to remove any video that painted GNR in a bad light
  •  

Would be cool if the content can get reinstated though. Would be a good show of faith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Also LMAO at Fernando admitting to wanting to abuse the copyright system to censor criticism. Mad lad.

Did he say that? Almost contradicts what he's saying about reversing the takedowns then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This situation and the COVID 19 crisis makes the perfect time to release official live material from the 80s - 2016. Give the fans their GN'R live experience back via. official releases with CDs, DVDs, Streams, YouTube Videos on their official YT Channel.  The possibilities are endless. It's not like the band has to invent something new. Everything is there! Even if you ignore bad performances, there is plenty of good material available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/05/2020 at 1:58 PM, nycgunner said:

WSJ had an article last week on fake copyright claims and Google.  Doesn’t expressly pertain to GNR, but it’s relevant for the broader topic. 

Great article, the YouTube copyright system is pretty broken.

Also on a more general term is that image above meant to be the 'proof' people refer to as to TB being involved in the take downs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When was the discord chat when @Fernando said he would take care of it and of imbecil wanker alfred and his sidekick blojo? Its been a couple weeks and nothing happened, video are still being taken down by these two child molestors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

 

This guy has some amazing drumming videos... Motley, QOTSA, Blink, Foo.

The only video of his without a backing track due to copyright: GNR.... rock n' roll. That's how you court the next generation of fans!

(still rocks, though, so f you). 

Edited by Ant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2020 at 3:56 PM, RussTCB said:

No idea who that email belongs too, but at a guess I'd say it's one of the same couple of "fans" with nothing better to do than troll GNR fans. 

To answer your other question, yes, we've been in contact several times with members of GNR management. The situation has been explained clearly and repeatedly to them. They've made it clear that they just don't care enough to help the fans out. 

Hardly Guns N Roses fault that Youtube/Google accept takedowns from any old cunt with an email address.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, DonkeyNuts said:

Hardly Guns N Roses fault that Youtube/Google accept takedowns from any old cunt with an email address.

Correct, but we know for a fact that this isn't just anyone doing it. That's also been made clear to GN'R and their management. 

This has been discussed to death over and over though. Not something I've put any thought or energy into since I left the leadership staff for this site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is the CEO of YT? Call that mothafucka. Or just tweet him/her/it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×